Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been using it to play lots of Castlevania games on the VC, and I also accidentally found out in the process that the Wii VC was loving loaded with really good games, so I might play more of those at some point too. I'm kinda surprised they released so many untranslated games on the NA store, that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

I like donkey kong tropic freeze

I couldn't beat all the extra levels, they were really hard. I did it on the Wii DKCR though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Star Fox Zero, Wonderful 101, Tropical Freeze, Splatoon, 3D World

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i liked it more than 3d world

i havent finished it yet. im on the water world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Last summer I played through like 10 mainline Mario games again in anticipation of super Mario maker. Was epic. Super Mario World is still one of my favorite games of all time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's world for me but maybe because I've played it a lot more and I'm better at it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

the gamecube is probably the most underrated console and had a lot of games that seemed to be bad mouthed a lot despite the fact they have aged well and are still excellent. luigis mansion is prob the most under appreciated Nintendo game

The GameCube fire emblem was the best FE until Fates as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

the ike games were awful and gave almost no freedom to choose a party. theyre almost as bad as awakening except that at least sometimes the maps were okay

Oh. I remember liking that one a lot , but I haven't played it since release

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pikmin 3 is Wii u.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The continued rarity of Pikmin 2 is annoying as someone who lost their disc forever ago and doesn't want to pay 60 dollars for it again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

metroid prime 1 is possibly the best game ever made

It's a top 3 game for me and play through it at least once per year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

Your right guys, I am a human being. I do eat turds out of the trash can and yes, I am hideously disfigured and have AIDS. It is now impossible for you to hurt my feelings so please do not try any more

DOn't sign your posts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Hey let's talk about Nintendo in this, the Nintendo thread. this is a thread for happy posts about a cool video game company.

One thing i've always appreciated about Nintendo is that their poo poo is drat near indestructible. I don't think I've ever had to buy a replacement console or controller or anything as far as Nintendo's concerned. Hell, the SNES I got when I was five still boots up AND the SMW cart that came with it still has its saves

One negative thing I have to say about Nintendo is that the 3dsxl makes my hands cramp but it's probably because I'm playing so drat much of it on account of how awesome it is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't know they made a Mario football game. The Mario soccer game was aces though and it just got added to the Wii u VC this week in Europe so I hope it ends up here as well soon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:troll:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

[phantom pain idroid voice] The SAclopedia has been updated.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

[phantom pain idroid voice] The SAclopedia has been updated.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Mario 3D World!!!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope Nintendo lets other game companies know how they managed to give their wireless controller a 10+ hour battery life so I don't have to charge my DS4 every time I turn my console off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Princess Peach user here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/530897259727032320

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was cool that a throwaway bonus character design in bayonetta 2 is enormously more fun than the actual Metroid third person action game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I actually only used Bayo's default costume but methinks a replay is in order

Same here but I think i used the Bayo 1 costume for a bit on the second playthrough. I get the urge to play bayo2 from time to time but I think it's deleted off my Wii u and it takes forever to download games onto it again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thankfully there's like 10+ equally win games on the console. Buckle in,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

I was gonna try this game but it looks kind of male gazey and I think my wife might judge me.

Bayonetta is a better female protagonist than 90% of gaming, OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Yeah my wife wants to check out the Rockefeller Center which is like two blocks away from Ninty so I figured I'd dip in there while we were around, thanks. Debating whether or not to lug my 3DS around all day while we're there, I fuckin love Streetpassing for real.

If you're going to Rockefeller might as well stop by but it's fairly underwhelming and the only people ever there are children and it made me feel old and sad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The miiverse is absolutely amazing and it gets a short shrift when mentioned in the console discussions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For the last 6 months te only thing in my miiverse history has been various versions of "nice level!" In between the sporadic fire emblem screen cap

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also instinctively hit the home button multiple times during my Castlevania runs because I thought I was about to share a sick screenie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I need to do more miiverse

The Splatoon miiverse at launch was the most epic social media event of the decade

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love playing random NES/SNES games on VC and popping into the Miiverse and seeing kids asking about stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

getting super metroid for 30 cents on wii u vc when the wii u was new was the first time i played super metroid

The first time I played super Metroid was on the Wii VC so no hard feelings.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i told a friend the other day i never had a snes, n64, or gamecube and he was shocked cuz he thinks of me as a "nintendo guy"

:staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i feel like if no new games were ever made again, i would still have good games new for me to play for the rest of my life

This is true of all media really. And even though I know there are a bunch of games I want to play I keep playing old ones again instead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Instead of playing any of these I've been:

Playing OG Doom
Playing Contra III
Playing Bayonetta 2
Playing Mario Maker
And trying to 100% Order of Ecclesia

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh and also Stellaris, I'm gonna buy the Last Blade 2 rerelease tomorrow, guilty gear is out in 2 weeks and i wanna replay the first two zero escape games before the third one comes out in mid June. Then after that is metal gear July...phew

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://www.backloggery.com/intraining

for anyone else who has backloggery

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol