Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The logo and sound design around it is really fuckin good. I hope there are lots of good games for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

P-Mack posted:

just give me dq builders, thank you

e: with bonus exclusive dlc where you build hyrule castle

God drat.. yea

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it will probably feel fine, but i don't like the look of the pro style controller

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nice. Let's see Apple iSob their way out of this one. The Big N just took a massive poo poo and named it Steve Jobs.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

hopefully the paid online means an updated infrastructure that resembles something from this decade at least

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

gently caress yo couch n**&&

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

this poo poo sucks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm glad they're continuing to implement the one thing that nailed last generation: Motion Controls

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This translator sounds dead as gently caress

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

baddow stages

baddow stwadegies

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mario with real ppl like sonic

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'll be buying this in 6 years when Xenoblade 2 and SMT are out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

[in further and further levels of mousiness]
So I will now.
Show you.
The game I've been working on.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Chester Luigi Tallboycarcetti

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Motherfucking Bill Trinen just caved in the last translators chest with his size 16 big boot and showed him how to motherfucking translate.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it WOT?!

I Said it's got Fifa m8. Bringing it to the pitch "half-three".

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if I hadn't just played FFXV i'd be way more hype for open world zelda

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i want to know the details on the online stuff ASAP. is it account centered like everything else has been for 10+ years? how much is it, will games be transferrable, etc.

i would've preferred a few minutes on that instead of the half hour we got on the stupid loving joycons

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mario walking w/determined face in Black Lives Matter overalls, solemnly: Wahoo. Wahaa.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Considering this is out in like, 6 weeks, that fact that they spend 0 time explaining their online infrastructure leaves me fearing the worst

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

They briefly, as an aside, mentioned that voice, chat, and parties will be handled via smartphone app, lol.

that sounds terrible

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Its actually loving awesome, here Ill show you how easy it is *takes out phone* Okay hold on i need to reset the app. Okay. Alright actually I need to reset my phone. Is the wifi on? Is your wifi on? It is on okay. Let me try again. Timed out.

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*loudly into phone* yeh- HELLO? You there, hang on I'll add you. gently caress. I closed it. *hits home button 40 times, while accidentally launching the Fart App which then plays 40 Farts in super fast time*

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

did they show how this thing reads games? like is it a disc or cartridge or download only?

they didn't mention that or storage capacity which again, is loving weird since its out in 6 weeks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm glad the two colors they chose for the JoyCons look like some poo poo that would be floating in the Saved by the Bell intro

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hype Level: 1 - Meh

Not overly psyched for Zelda, having just played FFXV and it being probably the best game I've played in 5-6 years. Plus the fact that DQXI is also open world and looks much more appealing to me, it seems like Squeenix just ate Nintendos lunch big time. JoyCons are a loving travesty. Motion controls should've been nixed to save on price. Should have completely SEVEREd from the Wii brand and started fresh. Disappointed about that. Mario with real people is stupid, but the rest of the game looks fine. Excited for Xeno 2 and SMT V the most, obviously, but they won't be out for years.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

FF and zelda are apples and oranges so i dont really get this logic

They really aren't as different as they used to be.. i'd say DQ and Zelda are more apples and oranges, and that's fair. The way I see it though, if I'm going to play an open world game there needs to be more to it than cutting grass for rupees.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

LOL @ the idea of paying money for 1 2 Switch

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just popped on the Treehouse event and the first thing I see is a couch of people having controller sync problems

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I just really hate the JoyCons and all that they represent.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just going by the trailers I've seen so far, I think the issue with open world Zelda would be the lack of progress or feeling of progress. There's stuff like random enemy drops from the sky like in FFXV, but at least there you get xp/items for killing them, while in Zelda you get some Rupees. Which you probably already maxxed out hours ago anyway. Talking out my rear end I admit, but that's a problem I can see for myself

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm gonna wait for a bundle that comes with a proper controller that I don't have to spend an extra $70 on plus a $100+ SD card

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Join Link on a one-of-a-kind epic through the vast sprawling lands of Hyrule. Learn spells, craft items, and hone your skills against the rare mythical dragons! For you are the rupeeborn! FUS-RO-HYAA!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sex Tragedy posted:

its just reveal the terrain of the map, not every single point of interest like in AS

Sex Tragedy posted:

this is fake news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_vregOVouA

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I never got into Fire Emblem because it seemed like the worst kind of people are super into it and drown out any legit gamers who just like to play it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

See also: Dark Souls, Overwatch, Map games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plutonis posted:

This is incredibly unfair to map games. The worst a mapgamer can do is a mod about doing holocaust logistics in HoI4 and ethnic cleansing in Victoria 2 and this pales compared to what Over watch fans do.

I just mean the overzealous nature of ppl who really enjoy those games (which is good!!) makes them unable to talk about anything else and their intensity could turn new fans off instead of bringing them in.

Liking games is good, but ppl need to stop over hyping things and explaining every single detail of the game just when a new player asks a really general question, like WOrmskulls Dark Souls posts demonstrate

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Musou games are the shiznit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The American Psycho business card scene only it's chinese slave labor coded Fire Emblem WAifus on your smart phone device.