Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
me either , but if youre poor then its ok. some ppl dont get to game unless they do that kind of thing, i had to have a chipped PSX as a kid and even then i shared it with the rest of the kids living in my street cos i was the only one who had one. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw, i want a wii u really bad but the nx is coming out. so i have to wait and see if that plays wii u games first

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive hardly played any mario. literaly just like super mario land 1+2 and super mario 3d land. oh and galaxy 1 and sunshine.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

you need to correct this immediately because 3d world is amazing

no wiiu yet. im getting the nx

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

you could be gaming for an entire year before that comes out, and you dont even know if itll be backwards compatible yet

thats true, but id like to wait for an announcement cos even though im not doing anything better with my money i only have so much space for consoles and stuff in my cube. i have a lot of games to play in the meantime anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

if they go with off the shelf parts theres no way it'll be backwards compatible unless they also stick a mini wiiu into the console, which would drive the price up a lot.

but nintendo is loving crazy and the NX may be a partnership with valve for a true VR experience or some poo poo for all we know

i think they make a decent amoutn of money selling older games for their current consoles. well, theyre clearly dedicated to it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

it makes me sad to know someone hasnt played mario 3 or world

those were before my time but i do have 3 for the 3ds vc to get around to

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

I just started playing 3DS Mario golf and it's my new favorite Nintendo game

its good, buy the dlc. it doubles the size of the game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

i need to know if the NX is backwards compatible... I NEED TO KNOW!!!!

me too ASAP

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I hope the new console is a box with $10000 in it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

haha.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im playing supoer mario 3 for the first time ATM (had a ps1 as a child).

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
agreed. i dont really like owning digital games. but i understand why games are moving towarsd that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I mostly buy digital because I live in one room atm and I would probably drown in video games if I didn't. I also get really excited for new games and want to play them the second they're available

me too, but if its a game i want to own forever i get a physical copy of it, like bloodborne or fire emblem etc. if its a game im gonna play only once or twice or got on deep sale then i dont mind if its digital.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I heard you like mudkips

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
not me ... pokemon that just have 2 dots for eyes tend to be my least favourite

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

these aren't dots

Theyre basically dots. shiny ones

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

I still have no idea how it plays even after reading reviews. is it close to persona ? Is there a time management element ?

the battle system is basically personas. duno what the rest of the game is though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i hope other people eventually buy SMT x FE. its great

i will when it comes to europe asnd i have an nx or wiiu which will be as soon as they annouince backwards compatibility

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

If you buy VR anything you should be permabanned

disagree cos i love racing simulators

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
with that said though stuff like piloting and racing simulators are probably the only good use for it since they actually use specific peripherals and you stay seated

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I imagine project cars looks sick but it's not worth 900 dollars + wheel

true. other simulators are doing it now too though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

this is a great revenue stream and helps a ton with brand awareness for those who have fallen away from Nintendo in the past five or ten years. Add in some well made movies for their biggest franchises and merchandise it correctly and Nintendo is looking at a boat load of money coming in from all sides.

They should give me some of it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i hope its just a regular console. although frankly itll be good anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think the 3ds has a lot of life left

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whys it bad ?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i can buy a wii u nao :-)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I hope it doesn't replace the 3DS because I just got a New this year and would feel dumb as hell

the 3ds has a lot of life left in it IMO. i just got my new 1 this year 2. but tbh im going to play it for the rest of my life anwyay. im the worlds biggest 3d fan :-)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

I got an update that they added some of my all time favorite games to the SNES virtual console on 3ds but I didn't bother clicking on it because I've already bought them on the Wii and paid the upgrade fee on the Wii U eshop and I assume they want me to pay full price to buy them again.

i guess ur too savvy for them to pull a fast one on you. :P

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

I don't like Fire Emblem very much either though. Bought Awakening and then Birthright and got kinda bored halfway through both.... I think it's something about the difficulty balance, the easier modes/Casual feels really boring but the harder modes/permadeath also are kinda tedious to me because you have to do poo poo perfectly and restart the long-rear end missions when you gently caress up

the idea is that you spend a long time thinking about what move to make and consider all of the possible consequences as opposed to just doing it and seeing if it kills you or not

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
*animal cerossing voice* bibibibibibbbiba, bibibi ababa. bi, bibi. a

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

i need nx info now

me2, although im not sure why since ive already decided ill get it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
can anyone link an article or something that details the new nintendo console that im about to pre order 2 of. basically like , what is it, will it play wii u games etc.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
does it have 3d. thats my favourite thing nintendo have ever done in a console

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

What about Castlevania 64 and the Castlevania Pachinko and the Wii fighting game

castlevania 64 wasnt so bad IMO.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I thought everyone was fakeposting about amiibos

each to their own , id rather have empty space in my place than one of those though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Is New 3ds Xl superior to regular one?

yeah, its worth getting the new one. especially if youre a fan of 3d. they seem better made too, like theyll last a lot longer. which is something i look for

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

fingers crossed for gamecube games on the virtual console. having GC mario golf on the go would be so badass

is the gc mario golf better than the 3ds mario golf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i think theyre pretty similar in all respects. i feel like i enjoyed the GC version's courses more, but that could just be nostalgia. it was obv the better version if you wanted to play on the couch with friends

i freaking wish my friends played games. thank u