Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Hyrule Warriors has so much in it. I'm just gonna get through the story before I even touch adventure or challenges or anything like that. How hard should I be trying to get pieces of heart and skulltulas on my first time through each mission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

b_d posted:

I never played a dq before what’s the best one i can play on my phone

Probably 5, but 3 or 4 would also be strong picks.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you need help deciding: 3 has you assembling a party out of generics, 4 gives a prologue chapter to each party member before they all come together, and 5 involves recruiting monsters.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

forget Smash Bros musou I just want Kirby musou

I want... Advance Wars musou

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

What is the virtual boy .. ive heard of it .. but what is it.

It was also called Peter Molyneux' "Project Milo"

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I wonder if they’re going to make gen 8 on 3DS... they could definitely harvest a lot of ninten-year-old buttsalt if they did that

It's to be on Switch.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Elusif posted:

Nintendo.

Hell, when you're right, you're right.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I played a bunch of CPU battles until I felt like I had a handle on the mechanics, then I played a handful of online matches until I got in one that was really laggy. I'm still undecided.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cobalt Viper posted:

I like the people complaining about how it doesn't have certain features like a training mode or doubles. It's a freaking stress test demo.

Doubles would be useful for a stress test.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Smash Bros is best when you frequently change the item distribution to include things like no items, lots of powerful items, themed item sets, etc. My personal favorite is to have most of the items turned on, with the item drop rate set to low.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cobalt Viper posted:

Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode is destroying my brain but I'm kinda okay with that.

Are you... me?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Gambling is usually a bad thing to be in a video game. It has its uses.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

gacha delenda est

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'll never get a pro controller because being able to hold your hands at any location relative to each other is the most comfortable form of gaming, as Nintendo first discovered with the Wii.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

imagine wanting not to like a video game. imagine wishing a video game were worse than it is

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

elf help book posted:

you cant fire me while youre still borrowing my game, idiot, and if you return it i'll delete your save

the save file is saved on the console, not the cartridge

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Yeah but why are both Town & City and Smashville both confirmed

They were both in Smash 4, too.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Smubla

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

NienNunb posted:

So is the reason Nintendo moved away from all the old Donkey Kong characters because they were made by Rare? Because I miss Lanky Kong and the fat Kremlings who wear army helmets.

Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky are Rare characters. If you mean the enemies, it's because Retro wanted to do their own thing.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

what the hell is a lanky kong?

a clownish orangutan from a video game

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

is smash a good single player game? ive never played one cos it doesnt seem like thats what its about and as far as online games go i only really like racing.

It's a lot better than most fighting games, but the Wii U version of Smash 4 was pretty lacking, which was disappointing after the 3DS version and Brawl both had great modes. Not much has been revealed about Ultimate's singleplayer yet.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

There's a movie theater you can walk into where you play the first state of Super Mario Bros 1 while people watch and applaud. None of my friends ever came across it so I am not sure what activates it but I found it in a random building when I went back to collect more stars. anyway it owns and make sure to look out for it

It's the building that's labeled as a theater and has people lining up outside to get in.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Ok, everyone post in this thread now which Smash characters they want.

Mario.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

elf help book posted:

is this a new cover i dont remember this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anhjSVXYL6E

Yeah, that's new.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

elf help book posted:

ive never clicked on a gamexplain video before, youve ruined my youtube recs

You can mostly fix them by deleting the video from your viewing history.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Post with a love of game's in your heart, and you will be at home wherever you wander.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

its not just me right. like tom nook and stuff like that and the way some of the villagers are obviously alcoholics or proanably serial killers or just outright bastards of the highest order .. theres a kind of shadow over innsmouth vibe to it

it's just capitalism

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I want to see what kind of game the splatoon team makes when they're not making splatoon

New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Labo

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Unironically looking forward to loading my Switch up with a bunch of old Final Fantasy games. Portability improves every JRPG.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

b_d posted:

didn’t that team make mario galaxy? for some reason i have the idea that the galaxy guys made splatoon.

Between Mario Galaxy and Splatoon, Nintendo had a pretty significant internal reorganization. Notably, they opened a new studio located in Tokyo, whereas previously all their in-house games were mostly done from their Kyoto headquarters. All the Mario games since then were mostly made in Tokyo (I believe 3D Land was their first outing). But I think that Splatoon is chiefly made in Kyoto, so it's very likely that they shared a lot of staff.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

The armoured core game looks really stylish. What is up with that star fox thing though? Just some dlc for a Ubisoft game?

There's some Star Fox tie-in content for this space shooter game that I don't know anything about, but they're being pretty lavish with it, fully animated cutscenes and everything. That ain't cheap.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Star Fox games should just consist exclusively of tube shooters. Any other kind of level just blows.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's really hard to go back to Diamond and Pearl, so I'm holding out for a remake in the back half of generation 8.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I haven't played a Pokemon game in almost five minutes

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Registered Golden Sun liker here, posting to confirm that Golden Sun is not good.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mycophobia posted:

Why do you like it?

Over the years I've learned to endure the particular problems it has: too much dialog with not enough content, low difficulty level, some tedious parts, never shutting the hell up. Ignoring those, it's a decent RPG with lots of environmental navigation puzzles, and if there's one guilty pleasure I have, it's decent RPGs.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

elf help book posted:

remember when nintendo translated and published a glory of heracles game for ds

I remember. That game was wild. Every single party member had amnesia for a different reason

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Do you think when the ancient cursed Japanese business men at the head of Nintendo die off we'll finally get normal online accounts and digital releases we actually want

Hiroshi Yamauchi died in 2013.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

(Gets up before sunrise and takes a deep breath of crisp mountain air) Ah... Nintendo games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's not as good as button remapping, but you can use X for B.