Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

looking upon a shooting star: ...Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

beautiful. i wish theyd make a documentary going through nintendo's archives

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I ordered a SNES Classic Mini today. When it arrives I'll have the EU, US and JP SNES and the EU Classic Mini. There's a person on SA who sells restored and upgraded SNES Minis (or New-Style), just gotta get that and then I'm good. Or well, maybe I'll also get the New 3DS SNES version. I can stop at any time. I do not have a problem.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

you can mod the snes classic to add more games from various consoles. this might be one of the most perfect gaming items ever created

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Cobalt Viper posted:

A stock Wii can emulate everything under the sun and also play Wii games and Gamecube games and you can get one with like 12 controllers for $40.

you fuckin idiot

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

if you think its about that then you can go and connect your pc to your tv

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mycophobia posted:

wii homebrew emulators output 240p over composite and it has the Classic Controller, making it the best emu box ever. 8- and 16-bit era games look literally indistinguishable from the real thing. gently caress off

wipe your tears baby youll get a snes classic mini from nintendo one day

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

GameCube posted:

uh... what is it about then

the fact that the SNES Classic Mini, Nintendo’s latest release, is even more epic than previously thought, which should be a source of great joy in every true Nintendo fan’s heart. if you cant see that then you got problems

mycophobia posted:

being able to, with minimal effort and money, play basically any console video game released before 1996 with near 100% accuracy in their proper display modes should be the wet dream of anyone who actually cares about old games e.g. obviously not you. so maybe get your know-nothing noob rear end back to Games

I already have a softmodded Wii and oh - all the SNES consoles. I think a poster that cant find joy about Nintendos latest epic creation, a homage to their greatest console, without sperging about his optimal emulation method needs to gently caress right off back to the Games cesspool. We enjoy and embrace Nintendos win here :xbone:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

the snes mini is retarded

what tghe gently caress

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

yall got some brain disease issues you need to consult your doctor about

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

GameCube posted:

pre:
┏┓
┃┃╱╲ in
┃╱╱╲╲ this
╱╱╭╮╲╲house
▔▏┗┛▕▔ we
╱▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔╲
give our money to 
nintendo
╱╱┏┳┓╭╮┏┳┓ ╲╲
▔▏┗┻┛┃┃┗┻┛▕▔

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i dont want to pay full price for games. they should have sites like they do for pc games where i can pay russian gangsters for great deals

never post here again

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

A Japanese historian just found what might be the only existing photo of Nintendo’s original HQ, taken around 1889-90:

I must go on a pilgrimage

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

the building got torn down and they put a plaque on the wall of the building there now

that is where i will pray with my amiibos on my Power Pad prayer mat

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I love Nintendo

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i really want to upgrade to a new 3DS just to buy and play SNES games on a new Nintendo platform. preferably this version:

its just so god drat beautiful

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mario rules!!!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

my Switch is pure and protected thank you very much I shan't be short-circuiting it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Plutonis posted:

The new Mario Tennis trailer has "Dark Luigi"

its looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdpZBn-uA24

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

they should make a game boy printer but for Switch

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

That's why I'm excited in my posts. Peeps are working on perfect virtual boy emulators for the n3ds

Thief at Nintendo

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

they should give her a proper game. no offense to link but ... ive always thought it would be better if he had a pair of tits

this too, will come to pass, at the final stages of the soyop

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

an actual dog posted:

Region free rules

this a thousand times

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Hollow Knight is out, Octo Expansion is hours away, and some Xenoblade 2 content + Octopath Traveler demo tomorrow night, and then Mario Tennis in a week. its Nintendo time

feelin thankful for Nintendo after this E3

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Can't wait for octo but I won't be able to play till tomorrow 😭

treasure the excitement of waiting for a new game that's out soon

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

edgin hard playin octopath

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Plugged in my GameCube for the first time in ten years. System, controllers, memory cards etc all still work perfectly so I played a few rounds of Melee with my kids.

Trying to decide if I should check in on my Animal Crossing town or if I'm better off not seeing the decrepit ruins.

Powerful Nintendo Dad. visit your friends in AC and report back

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Thank you, Nintendo.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

pro controller has always been good to me

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this is Powerful Lore

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I have it on PS4 and I’m like.. I shouldn’t buy this again on switch right

But I kinda want to

its real cheap on the sale and good. i have it on PC but this is the console where I actually play this kinda game and really enjoy it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Lol I literally just installed a mod chip in my cat's litter box

And here you see a highly developed case of Gamer's Claw.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

He can be the new Sandbag perhaps.

shut up!!!!!!!!! Captain Toad will probably be a cool assist trophy and I will use him to kick your rear end!!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

y cant goomba jump??

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Felicks posted:

On kind of the same topic as spelunky I’m excited for the game that is made by him and downwell and other guys I don’t know

https://youtu.be/6h-BjQlvik0

this is really cool, I hope it will be good. it reminds me of the Game Center CX games released on the DS. you'd play all these fake NES games made in the style of old-school classics, and you would do various challenges. the first one was called Retro Game Challenge and the second one had a really good fansub. the main selection screen was a living room, and you could read magazines for pro tips. having a game emulate the feeling of getting a new game and later on finding basically a Konami code in a magazine was neat.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'd like to take a moment to remind everyone that Xbox and Nintendo are in a crossplay alliance. There is no reason for this unnecessary flaming on both sides in this forum.

Semper games.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dark Souls Remastered network test is out on the eshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i don't get complaining about a lack of games on the Switch. but whatever. counting down the days until i can finally play Dark Souls anytime, anywhere. my amiibo shrine has been purified to prepare for the arrival of saint Solaire of Astora