Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I just started playing 3DS Mario golf and it's my new favorite Nintendo game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

its good, buy the dlc. it doubles the size of the game

I did so before playing a single round of golf. Based Nintendo. Also beat the first 2 championships and got a positive handicap now ...... feeling strong ...... can you organize private tournaments in this ?? are other people here playing ??

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm buying a Wii U today I think and I'm gonna get exactly one game . No pro controller yet (once I get one Smash & Bayo2 are no-brainers) what's the best one I can play with Gamepad? or should I get a couple $20 ones like Mario 3D World & Pikmin 3 ?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Get Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.

This is what I'm leaning towards (and top it off with Pikmin 3? unless there are some cool <$20 eshop titles I don't know about) but I really want Mario Maker too. Not sure which combo will be the most bang for $60 . I got my wisdom teeth out and im all doped up and just want to go to gamer heaven

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Get Bayo 2 and play tag climax with me.

how playable is it with Gamepad?? I just copped the Wii U and my budget for games is liiiike $100 or so right now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ok Ill do it. Bayonetta 1 is my favorite game and I just want to have the perfect Bayo2 experience .

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bayo2 basically justified my Wii U purchase drat . If I never play anything else on here I'll be a happy camper

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I used the coins I got from playing Miitomo to download Wonderful 101 for 30% off ..... Nintendo Rewards are real and they're good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

The pad has 0 input lag so its the pro way to play

Yea I thought it would be clunky but I'm racking up plats left and right. I feel so blessed God is letting me play this game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Miiverse is good ....... I like the stuff people post in the non-game-related boards. Heres some OC sex and the city fanart for the Amazon Instant Video community

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yo DK Tropical Freeze is one of the best sidescrollers I've ever played in my life . The roll/jump physics took a minute to get used to (did Donkey Kong Country work like that?? I remember being able to hold B to sprint and not having to roll-jump for max momentum but maybe Im wrong) but now it's clicked and it's incredible

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

He's Italian so I think they have big ones

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

It's still the only Zelda I haven't played

Whoa...... it was my first and in retrospect my fav. Thematically it feels like the Majora's Mask to A Link To The Past, everything is very surreal and dreamlike. Haven't played it in a long time so I can't comment on the quality of dungeons and puzzles but I remember the world and characters very well

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Paper Jam is on sale for 20 bucks and it's probably the best paper Mario

You mean the best Mario & Luigi and not the best Paper Mario right? It's good but it aint got poo poo on 1000 Year Door . Also if the sprawling tutorials and easy difficulty turned anyone off of previous M&L RPGs it's a lot better on those fronts

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

lets make a paper mario themed game that's a platformer, but it still controls like a paper mario game instead of having good mario physics, and instead of RPG combat the numbers get higher when you jump on things

Always up for a goon project, why not.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm tentatively excited for the new Gunvolt, the first had the foundations of a really good score attack game that you could play for years but clearly was hurting from a low budget and some uninspired level design. If they nail it this time we could get a really really great game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That guys been posting for over 10 years easy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I still have no idea how it plays even after reading reviews. is it close to persona ? Is there a time management element ?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

i hope other people eventually buy SMT x FE. its great

I will , it looks real good, I just have too much poo poo to play. Got a few days off work and gonna marathon VLR and then I wanna finish this run through SMT4 before I grab another RPG

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm a fire emblem freak even if the game apparently has nothing to do with fire emblem or smt

Same except SMT instead of Fire Emblem ..... between Persona3& 4/Strange Journey/SMTIV that series has basically pulled my interest in JRPGS out of the grave. There's relatively little grinding, random encounters can wipe u out at any time if you're not careful, and putting thought into party composition/skill selection isn't an easy ticket to overpowering everything you run into, instead it's basically required of you if you want to progress through the game. Like its pretty much (& its not even that its that a bad game , its just at the other end of the spectrum) the anti-Bravely Default to me and highlights most of the stuff I love about the genre while minimizing the poo poo I hate

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

maybe i just didnt think about it other years but it seems like theres a lot of jrpgs this year

Not that I really expected otherwise but im kind of relieved Star Ocean 5 sounds so bad so I can skip it in favor of the other stuff I want to play/replay right now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

drat I bought Splatoon but only played a few times ..... Guess I gotta get in on this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I will play Smash4 any drat day of the week

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

3D World is insanely good

I really need to keep playing that. I made it thru like world 2 and even though it's been really really easy all the stages are cool and fun to explore through and I like all the unique gimmicks that keep popping up

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Hed posted:

If anyone knows of another game that would be fun for wife coop like Yoshi Wooly World, I'd love to know

I don't know if it's on Wii U but I played it on PS4 and Chariot is a physics puzzle platformer that is like the ultimate partner coop game to the point where I felt kind of gay the couple times I played with my roomie instead of my girlfriend.

You control a prince and princess who are in love and the princess's dad is dead but he's a huge prick and demands to be buried in the royal tombs which are beneath a bunch of caves and dungeons so you have to work together to haul his corpse down there and meanwhile his ghost spends the entire time berating the prince for not being good enough for his daughter. Too real. It can be really challenging if you wanna complete all the optional stuff, definitely harder than Wooly World, but it requires a lot of coordination between players and it's really fun. Moreso than testing your reflexes or puzzle solving skills it makes you establish really good communication with your co-op partner and without being an art/feels game at all it still mechanically feels like a "game about relationships".

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ok it is on Wii U and here's a video that shows it off pretty well. Don't get turned off by the king constantly bitching in the vid because it's not non-stop like that in the actual game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M-mNbs5mR0

The main gameplay mechanic is those ropes that you tie to the chariot but you also unlock other tools later that let you do different things. It's not one big open world like a Metroid game but instead there's a world map and a bunch of levels have alternate exits like in SMW that unlock different routes. The game is really fun honestly and I never hear anybody talk about it but I imagine that's because the co-op is local only and even though the game is technically playable single player I feel like it would be kinda soulless and it's my understanding it's impossible to complete some of the optional challenges without doing co-op (which were some of my favorite parts of the game)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

im an sjw cuck

Uh the game is actually good, hth

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The iOS Pokemon game just launched and one of the in-app-purchase options lets you spend $100 on Poke-Coins. Finally I can give Nintendo the money they deserve

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That's like the first real boss and it gets harder from there :getin:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Whoa monster hunter comes out Friday??

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

generations is out in 2 days. i was able to trade some games and get it without paying anything, so even tho im broke as gently caress i'll be monhunting. i hope a lot of imps get in on this amazing series

Nice!! I liked 4U a lot but never quite made it to G-rank and also barely plyed online. Hopefully this will be the one where I finally do all the endgame crap

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The Milkman posted:

boxboxboy is good and i like that it carries over your unlocks. but where to go from Super King

Super Queen baby

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

i'm really terrible at uh, i think the game is lock step where you're a monochrome guy and you have to tap nonstop on the beat and then you flip and have to tap nonstop on the off beat.real terrible. iNSANEly terrilble

It's the ornstein & smough of minigames . I love it now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Peztopiary posted:

I really liked the golf minigames in Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, is there a game like them (wacky golf I guess?) for the Wii U?

Kirbys Dream Course Wii U :pray:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Have Sakurai direct it and make it ridiculously full of content like Air Ride or Kid Icarus....

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

i like that metroid prime has a story that is completely optional

Much like Doom (2016) :twisted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Is Metroid blast ball released for free on US eshop or just EU right now? Don't have my 3DS on me (#gamerfail)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

click bait article posted by eurogamer aka people known for developing dizzy the egg, banjo kazooie 1 and 2, donkey kong 64, and reymon games? yeah, no. Just. No.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I hope it's true though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Soral posted:

ive been optimistically looking forward to the great unification of the nintendo eshop ever since indie devs started pushing for crossbuy between wii u and 3ds

they can do it but a lot of them don't want to since nintendo's got no way set up to buy a game and have it activate on both accounts. instead they just have to give you a code for the alternate version and a lot of people just give the codes away to friends or resell them so devs lose sales. nintendo's fault basically