Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

someone told me they hacked the wiiu today and now you can run games on it from a usb drive is this tru eand if so, how do i do it? heheh. Also I played some smash bros today with my friends and they thought 4 wasn't as fun as melee, even though they were never good at either of them and don't take games seriously.

i hope the nx is cool

thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a switch boy now. I got the neon one and zelda and shovel knight. honestly a little bummed that US e-shop didn't get the neo geo games bc I think waku waku 7 and king of fighters will be fun with the joy cons but zelda is insanely good and its already the best one in years just as a result of not having any tutorial or like 2-hour opening sequence.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

without spoiling anything bravely default is like one of the most charming and refreshing takes on the rpg genre in a long time, but also the first one has more backtracking than any other game ever made so i would say go into it knowing whats in store. 2 is basically an all around improvement and it adds some tough/meaningful choice moments.

i'm really in love with the mood/atmosphere of POT, i just finished primrose's intro, theres allusions to blowjobs and stuff which was a little bit unexpected. the allure mechanic is really cool

thanks,

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

golf story owns

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

im marrying shane and he has multiple special event sprites that have his face dusted in specks of vomit and/or tears

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

bought this knowing the potential betrayal and ennui that is likely to follow. its instantly more in the vein of the original than the dadaist composition that was XBCX. i'm extremely unnerved that there's no character customization or visible armor bc thats been one of the high points of the other games. the titties are just sooooo big in this game its crazy. one good feeling is the infinite layers of mechanics thing seems to have returned like, i was just making my way through the rather obtuse status menus, and theres an entire sub-menu for each character titled "thought-cloud" that represents the characters abstract thinking in various qualities like "compassion" and "justice"

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Lil’ update: your characters thought cloud affects things like elemental affinity and gacha luck when “bonding” with mystical crystals which are a form of free lootbox. I opened a super rare blade that appears to be a small androgynous child wielding a blitz ball. One of the characters doesn’t have the natural potential to bond with blades so he builds a robot maid, and the mechanic for upgrading it is playing a weird 8bit vertical side scroller

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

There are also items called boosters that are implied to be some sort of drug or pill that you can ingest before bonding with a crystal and they are imbued with the various thought-qualities. It’s pretty much 100% unclear what these items do, to the point that even like prima games and other official guides are like: “here are some guesses about what this does...”

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

The Xenoblade series is like the southland tales of video games. It feels like taking part in the satire of the future without the necessary reference points

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

korg gadget is already out on iOS for years and I've been using it since release and its completely incredible and full-featured. apparently this version will feature collaboration mode and motion feedback stuff with multiple joycons, it should be the greatest. the ios version has its own little cloud uploading/liking/commenting system which should be a good way to see other people's cool stuff.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

someone leaked it

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Ok just cause I know it’s gonna come up Smash Bros is more fun with no items. Dont be an rear end in a top hat about this.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i feel like i'm not living up to my full potential in power tennis yet. racket breaks feel very satsifying, mayhap a new G.S. (goomba stomp), loving the feeling of learning about the soul/emotional core of my opponents through our volleys and chosen shot types.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i picked the merchant, in octopath: cocktease ed.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

fourside has an eerie quality to it, and looks like its set in a dark version of dickensian neo-london to me, but otherwise... me likey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

its fun