Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

lmfao at the epic 1-1 music

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The patient gamer strikes again! *leaps out of the attic where I’ve been for two years and throws down an expired smoke bomb which just kind of rolls across the floor*

lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i didnt like that golf story was all 9-hole gimmick courses, meant it didnt have much value as just a golf game. gbc mario golf had a good adventure mode without resorting to that

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

American McGay posted:

The golf was like the worst part of golf story. The game had really charming writing and an interesting enough campaign that didn’t overstay its welcome, but the only reason anyone ever talks about it was because it came out in that gap between when the Switch launched and when Odyssey came out where 20 million people owned Switches and finished up BOTW and had nothing else to play.

the best part was the ending where the camera zooms out for the first time and reveals that the overworld map was australia

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my least favorite part of any game is when it no longer feels bigger than me or beyond my understanding. trying to 100% on your first playthrough is like trying to rush to that part. not for me

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

its time for a new 3d mario. or for some reason people think they're making a 3d donkey kong instead

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i love anime detective games

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Lava Caves.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

golden sun is a pretty dry jrpg but it came out after nintendo kids had just gone through a whole console generation with no jrpgs so yeah it hit a lot of people new to the genre or with lowered standards

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Ice Valley.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

In Quest 64 the boss of the fire area is named Fargo and I was scared my parents would see that and I'd get in trouble, because I knew Fargo was the name of an R-rated movie for adults so I thought there was something obscene about the word. (I knew this because my Behind the Scenes book about The Lost World: Jurassic Park had a quote about how Peter Stormare played a scary guy in Fargo)

lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

elf help book posted:

try it, learn the hard way

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

game will never be over, not on my watch

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

this

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

another amazing 20 minutes of hand clap ukekele song where the guy says whoa oh ohwa and the nintendo voiice says enjoy a wholesome moment with bugs in charming rouglite deckbuilder farm management game product bug boss

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the regular enemies in metroid dont need to be exciting thats not what metroid is about

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they dont have their big holiday game announced yet do they. maybe its finally new mario time

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i really dont think theyr egonna mess with success this time around. whatevers next will be like the 3ds to the switch's ds

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

John Romero’s about to make a new Switch.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think the first wave of 3rd party docks back in 2017 could brick it because they had the power supply specs slightly wrong, but i'm sure theyve figured it out since

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the first strand-type mario game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Unicorn Overlord

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lmao

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lol