Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Blistex posted:

I'm dreading the news when police/firefighters stumble upon a burnt out building with the remains of a bunch of dead S.E Asian sex slaves tied up in the basement.

Why, worried they'll find your stash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
RIP to the 4000 dollar per month rental properties, and the strip clubs.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Go through wildfires every year locally, last year was bad. Traffic was backed up for miles and smoke made my Jeep stink and I ended up trading it in.

Was hosed up because it was a badass Jeep Unlimited with custom rims and subwoofer etc; interior smelled like I was a chain smoker, truly a horrific time for me. Bunch of houses burned too I guess, idk

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
So what happened did Canada see the fire and was like what's that aboot and burn

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Imagine if the entire city is destroyed and you're some pipe fitter living in one of the oil camps with nowhere to buy coke neaby.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Keg posted:

Imagine if the entire city is destroyed and you're some pipe fitter living in one of the oil camps with nowhere to buy coke neaby.

life finds a way

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

RIP to the 4000 dollar per month rental properties, and the strip clubs.

Are people really paying 4k a month to live in Alberta?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Isn't the whole city pretty much Newfies working in the oil fields?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Are people really paying 4k a month to live in Alberta?
in like the worst part of alberta. probably not anymore tho since the a-rabs ruined oil.

i bet a lot of oil dummies are pretty happy that they get an insurance payout on their $700k houses that they couldn't sell for half of that

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Bonzo posted:

I think the drug dealers/pimps/hookers that supply them account for at least 1/4 of the total population.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Bonzo posted:

More importantly, how much longer do we Americans have to wait to hook up a pipeline to this Canadian Wildfire? Seriously you fuckers need to share.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are there no firefighters in Canada?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Darth123123 posted:

There's plenty. Right now a veritable Army of firefighters is telling the fire "Soory aboot this fuss, but could you not burn for a bit?"

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Darth123123 posted:

they were all busy holding a meeting in the transgender bathrooms

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

in like the worst part of alberta. probably not anymore tho since the a-rabs ruined oil.

i bet a lot of oil dummies are pretty happy that they get an insurance payout on their $700k houses that they couldn't sell for half of that

Oil prices were just starting to rebound.

Also $700k sounds expensive until you remember that average home prices in Vancouver are $1.4 million. Basically every person I knew who didn't go to university ended up in Fort McMurray.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cthulu Carl posted:

There's plenty. Right now a veritable Army of firefighters is telling the fire "Soory aboot this fuss, but could you not burn for a bit?"

quote:

Firefighters are trickling in from across the country. As of Tuesday evening, 150 firefighters were in the area. Another 70 to 80 more were expected to arrive on Wednesday.

Whoa that's like sooo many firefighters man

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Oh no all those lifted f350s , what a shame

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
holy poo poo

what is going on

*everything lights on fire*

PIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

its so hot in here!!!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Marshall Louis posted:

More importantly, how much longer do we Americans have to wait to hook up a pipeline to this Canadian Wildfire? Seriously you fuckers need to share.

I'm sure California is going to have a banner year this year

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

I'm not calling you out, but I'm honored that the first post you've made on your 7 year old account was to shake your fist at my cynical comment. That's honoured with a "U".

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Hogge Wild posted:

im really sorry that i sent them my mixtape :(

Best in thread.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

canada is a communist country which also has a queen! how boot them apples

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Moldy Taxes posted:

If a fire consumes an entire city are they even allowed to have a city newspaper anymore?

it seems like a bad idea, wouldnt the paper just catch on fire?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

BeefThief posted:

canada is a communist country which also has a queen! how boot them apples

having a queen means we get divine protection during a rapture so its actually a pretty smart move idiot

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did the prostitutes make it out ok? :ohdear:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Mother nature has decided to burn down Alberta.

As an Oklahoman, I find this mildly concerning.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hogge Wild posted:

im really sorry that i sent them my mixtape :(

missed this post. :five:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
gosh darn fracking at it again!

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Marshall Louis posted:

It's somehow Rachel Notley's fault, just like everything else seems to be if you talk to the retards who spite-voted NDP into office and immediately got upset that international oil prices weren't going up the next day

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bill mckibben has just been arrested

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Looks like a bunch of people are stranded on the highway because they ran out of gas. Gas stations were either shut down or run dry from all the evacuees. People are driving up there with fuel tanks to help those in need.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Keg posted:

It's somehow Rachel Notley's fault, just like everything else seems to be if you talk to the retards who spite-voted NDP into office and immediately got upset that international oil prices weren't going up the next day

speaking as an albertan, i can confidently say that those rigpig assholes deserved it

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My Facebook is lit up as gently caress with a whole bunch of MSPaint "Pray for FMM" macros so I'm sure they'll all be just fine.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
*pulls over speeding motorist leaving the city*Woah where's the fire

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nessa posted:

People are driving up there with fuel tanks to help those in need.

You know this isn't america because this would turn into a mad max riot with gunfire and screaming women

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Smash it Smash hit posted:

*pulls over speeding motorist leaving the city*Woah where's the fire

loving lol

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
This is what the home of the leader of the Wild Rose Party (basically a second Conservative Party with different colored campaign signs) looks like now

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no my retard F150 won't go anywhere when fuel is scarce what a bitch lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I want to carry fully loaded spare fuel tanks in a raging wildcity fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Picnic Princess posted:

My Facebook is lit up as gently caress with a whole bunch of MSPaint "Pray for FMM" macros so I'm sure they'll all be just fine.

superimposed solidarity oil stains on every facebook pic

• Locked thread