Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

loquacius posted:

And $7.25 an hour with your boss refusing to give you more than 25 hours a week is plenty of money!

"You just gotta go in there and demand a raise. Let him know squarely and firmly that you just can't accept what they're doing to you! It worked for me. It always works!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
But I was able to put 15% down on my first house to keep my mortgage low and my PMI was removed soon after. Why couldn't you do that? Your generation just doesn't know how to handle money.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"I dropped out of school at 12 & got a job at the factory. Now I'm the CEO! We just opened our third Chinese office last week! Why can't kids today have my kind of work ethic?"

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 5, 2016

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I also heard this:

"We didn't have skateboards when I was a kid. We had a football or basketball or a baseball. We went out played REAL sports until the sun went down and went home to eat dinner tired as hell. You guys just goofing off all day, that's not a sport, and it's not exercise."

and later:

"Why are your legs so big? You should be a quarterback with those legs. You're wasting your legs."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
my whore secretary says her kid is mine but it could be anyone's really; the way she dresses she must be spreading it to everyone in town

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Heh, reminds me of reading Ulysses in college. Never could make heads or tails of that drat book, and I was an English Lit major! *cues up Rod Stewart's Great American Songbook album on his iPod shuffle*

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

loquacius posted:

tbf seeing the band Rush play in a Target is also an extremely baby-boomer thing to do

Gaunab was just telling a personal story of his youth to the crazy kids at Somethingawful.com!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
Alright! Foghat's still touring!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Haier posted:

"You just gotta go in there and demand a raise. Let him know squarely and firmly that you just can't accept what they're doing to you! It worked for me. It always works!"

*is 60 years old, makes $50,000*

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Things were actually pretty much the same back in my day as they are today, but I don't remember most of the lovely times, and I don't see a distinction between my current self from myself 30 years ago even though I was just as unsure about the future as you are now.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Kids these days would rather just lay in bed all day instead of going to work. That's why they're all voting for this Sanders guy.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Life is a race!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

enraged_camel posted:

Life is a race!

Let's hope yours is white, eh??

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

genesplicer posted:

(Me, talking to other, slightly older, baby boomers.)

Yes, I moderate an online forum called "Somethingawful". No, not "Something is awful". "Somethingawful", all one word. Yes, it's a real internet site. It's a comedy site, sort of. I moderate the part called "general bullshit." Yes, it has the word "poo poo" in the title. Yes, that's allowed online. You can even say "gently caress" if you want.

lol if you freely disclose this information to anyone but your closest friends, regardless of age.

mods knew - that it's a pretty distasteful use of one's time.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

H.H posted:

lol if you freely disclose this information to anyone but your closest friends, regardless of age.

mods knew - that it's a pretty distasteful use of one's time.

lol if you think boomers will know or care what's going on

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Horniest Manticore posted:

Let's hope yours is white, eh??

:drat:

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
*uses the word "fag" but in a hateful way*

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

"I worked my way up as a janitor with just a high school diploma and ended up in telephone installation. I had a house and two kids by the time I was your age (25)."

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles
*tells their children that they are special every single day*

Why the hell are millennials so entitled!?!

MacFoon
Jul 25, 2007
I TOLD MY NEPHEW ROY 2 FEED THE DOGS BUT HE IS A LASY BUM ALWAYS PLAYING THE FACEBOOK WHEN I WAS HIS AGE I HAD TOO WORK
AT THE CUSTARD STAND IT WAS MCCUTCHEONS CUSTARD NEXT TO BOB'S AUTO REPAIR LOL YOU COULD GET CORN BEEF HASH AND A EGG CREAM FOR 50 CENTS!!!!. NOT LIKE NOW
THANKS TO OBAMA!!!! PUT ME IN THE WHITE HOUSE ILL TEACH THAT OBAMA ABOUT SAVING A DOLLAR LOL!!!! I LUV MY LABRADOODLES THEY ARE MY BABIE'S DOG FOOD IS SO EXPENSIVE BUT U CAN GET SOME FOR OK PRICE AT HOULIHANS DELI JUST HAVE TO ASK IF BILL IS THERE KNOCK ON THE SIDE DOOR LOL YOU GET 2 LB OF HAMBURGER FOR 64 CENTS LOL!!!!

~AUNT BLANCHE~
(PROUD MOTHER OF TWO LABRADOODLES!!!)
:911: :911: (LOVE IN JESUS, TRUMP 2016!!!) :911: :911:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

*When I was posted in West Germany I showed up to work drunk every day and if my El-Tee tried to give me poo poo, I would ask him to meet me in the motor pool, take off our berets and settle it like men*

*Threatens to charge junior enlisted for not attending Regimental BBQ*

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Yes, I will pay $325 a ticket to see the animated corpses of the Rolling Stones.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
Please move out and find an apartment.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I want to talk to your manager.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i didn't raise a gay son

pull the plug

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
"My grandson tried to talk to me on the skype yesterday."

"What's with all these drat kids on the twitter?"

"drat Newsmax wants me to pay for my subscription with the paypal!"

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles
My internet subscription comes bundled with home phone and cable TV, so I save a lot of money

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Those video game disks you installed on the computer must be full of viruses. The AOL is running so slow lately.

*opens every single email attachment no matter the sender*

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles
*creates and fosters a debt-based culture and economy*

Why are there so many dang money lending stores these days??

MacFoon
Jul 25, 2007
*using a Dell desktop from 2004*

*uses Internet Explorer*

*Copies internet favorites to desktop as shortcuts*

*Attempts to use wired mouse as microphone*

"Does this get Siri?"

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles
Music just sounds better on vinyl...

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Pawl posted:

Music just sounds better on vinyl...

Since when are Boomers Hipsters?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
"i love pussy"

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

loquacius posted:

And $7.25 an hour with your boss refusing to give you more than 25 hours a week is plenty of money!

actaully all of the boomers I know aren't gutless worms willing to work for peanuts in cool offices with youthful cultures and beanbag chairs the way millennials are but to each his own.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Revenants Return posted:

actaully all of the boomers I know aren't gutless worms willing to work for peanuts in cool offices with youthful cultures and beanbag chairs the way millennials are but to each his own.

the $7.25 an hour isn't for the boomers, silly billy. it's for the mexicans who work at mcdonald's.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Revenants Return posted:

You're getting your stereotypes mixed up, the millenials working in the cool offices with beanbag chairs are the yuppie scum getting paid six figures and pricing poor people out of cities

The ones getting hosed over by their bosses and making no money for no hours are the ones stuck in the middle of nowhere with no better options than the night shift at Rite Aid

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
I love getting my pussy wrecked at the swingers club's Mandingo night but I'll never marry the mandingo even though i tell him i love him.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

dick wizard posted:

I love getting my pussy wrecked at the swingers club's Mandingo night but I'll never marry the mandingo even though i tell him i love him.

that's sad

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

loquacius posted:

The ones getting hosed over by their bosses and making no money for no hours are the ones stuck in the middle of nowhere with no better options than the night shift at Rite Aid

Don't dox me, bro!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Obummer

• Locked thread