Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
"heh, everyone gets a trophy right?"

*worked at stable well paying low level job at trophy factory for 30 years before selling out the economy to save their retirement plan that turned out to be a scam anyway*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Just a few months ago
4 year old great grand son: "Grandma what is your favorite candy?"
Grandma" Nigga babies!"

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
John McCain is just so...liberal

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Baby Boomers will all die without acknowledging that they sold out their kids and grandchildren so that they themselves could have an easier life

Just to clarify, that's something that a Millenial (me) is saying about Baby Boomers (them)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What do you mean it's hard to find a job? All you need is a well written resume!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

You can tell the worth of a man by looking him in the eye and giving a firm handshake

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Professor Shark posted:

The Baby Boomers will all die without acknowledging that they sold out their kids and grandchildren so that they themselves could have an easier life

Just to clarify, that's something that a Millenial (me) is saying about Baby Boomers (them)

That's what drives me crazy. Why did that happen?

How did the average person benefit from things being made abroad? When car production moved to Mexico, did people really save the cost of labour or did they save a tiny bit and the rest was profit?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
God bless

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

pixaal posted:

Just a few months ago
4 year old great grand son: "Grandma what is your favorite candy?"
Grandma" Nigga babies!"

plot twist: the kid was black and the grandma was a witch (a racist witch)

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Come on over, I'm making daiquiris and fondue.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"My hip!"

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
That Sheldon character on The Big Bang Theory is so funny. Bazinga!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hang ten my main man *pulls the plug on self*

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hey upvote post this on ur instabook *pulls plug on self*

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

*worked entire career to destroy unions and worker's rights*

Why are corporations catering to these lazy loving millenials? In my day we only didn't work on Sunday! I'd go to work even if I was on my deathbed with a smile on my face!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Let's win this one for the gipper.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
*multiple government agencies are understaffed*
*medical resident salaries have been flat for decades while demand is increasing and there aren't enough spots for graduating students*
*infrastructure is in dire need of repair*
*thousands of young people need work*

Taxes are too high!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
*unironically had sex with a crocodile at Woodstock*

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

How did the average person benefit from things being made abroad? When car production moved to Mexico, did people really save the cost of labour or did they save a tiny bit and the rest was profit?

the republicans made sure they could be made elsewhere and the democrats made them more expensive

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Command Ant posted:

*unironically had sex with a crocodile at Woodstock*

millenials, of course, would do this ironically

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I just don't see why men can't go in the men's restroom and women in the women's room, what's so hard about it?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Frosted Flake posted:

That's what drives me crazy. Why did that happen?

If you're a CEO you can move production to Mexico/China then give yourself a huge rear end bonus with the money you saved the shareholders. It's all detailed out in Sun Tzu's "The Art of War".

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I worked hard all my life and am entirely self-made! Nobody ever helped me with anything, I had to do it all myself!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

At some point in the 80s people decided that the best business practices were the ones that got your shareholders a quick payout

AT ALL COSTS

There was a name for it but I can't remember it and the obvious Google searches aren't working

and yeah CEOs can give themselves huge bonuses for no reason too

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Iron Crowned posted:

Owning a house is an investment!

How is this untrue? Owning a house gives you an enormous amount of financial stability. Someone that owns their home free and clear when they retire is in a much better position financially than someone paying rent.

People talk about some of the benefits of renting over owning, but realistically a tiny minority of people renting are really making the most of it financially.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

When are you going to settle down, get married, and make me some grandchildren?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Panfilo posted:

How is this untrue? Owning a house gives you an enormous amount of financial stability. Someone that owns their home free and clear when they retire is in a much better position financially than someone paying rent.

People talk about some of the benefits of renting over owning, but realistically a tiny minority of people renting are really making the most of it financially.

Counterpoint: 2008

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
gently caress I poo poo in my diaper again

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Sure could go for a Lowenbrau and a can of smoked clams.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Come on over, I'm making daiquiris and fondue.

The boomers got some things right

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Arian_Samurai posted:

Counterpoint:2016 and house prices are never gonna get near where they were eight years ago. Sucks for people like groverhaus but for most people common sense goes a long way. My sister in law bought a house at the peak of that bubble and still did fine, but then again she didn't take out home equity loans to buy pinball machines and ball pits and other Millennial toys.

Also don't buy a house with a lovely interest only loan? Boomers didn't forty years ago.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Arian_Samurai posted:

Those people didn't own their homes.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The boomers got some things right

Yeah, I've been thinking about limemade daiquiris and fondue ever since I've made that post.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Yeah, I've been thinking about limemade daiquiris and fondue ever since I've made that post.

I got a fondue set from the thrift store but haven't gotten around to using it yet. Maybe it can be daiquiri and fondue saturday tomorrow.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
"Don't every disrespect the military! Everyone who puts on a uniform is a hero fighting for your freedom!"

*watches MASH reruns everyday*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This thread was a really unlikely place for me to get my plan for tomorrow afternoon

and yet here we are

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

loquacius posted:

This thread was a really unlikely place for me to get my plan for tomorrow afternoon

and yet here we are

Are you in the fondue and daiquiri train too? Let's all do it and pretend we are gonna vote for President Ford for 4 more years.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

Counterpoint:2016 and house prices are never gonna get near where they were eight years ago. Sucks for people like groverhaus but for most people common sense goes a long way. My sister in law bought a house at the peak of that bubble and still did fine, but then again she didn't take out home equity loans to buy pinball machines and ball pits and other Millennial toys.

Also don't buy a house with a lovely interest only loan? Boomers didn't forty years ago.

I can't tell if this is an unironic post or extremely on topic

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Are you in the fondue and daiquiri train too? Let's all do it and pretend we are gonna vote for President Ford for 4 more years.

I don't have fondue stuff :smith:

Def gonna get myself some lime juice tomorrow, mix up some simple and daiq it up for the afternoon though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The 2008 crash was caused by millennials defaulting on their high interest pinball machine loans.

• Locked thread