Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"What's one of those things millenials like?"
"They like games."
"Games? You mean like pinball machines?"
"Go to sleep grandpa"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I have glaucoma

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Whole Foods, more like Whole Paycheck

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Panfilo posted:

Counterpoint:2016 and house prices are never gonna get near where they were eight years ago. Sucks for people like groverhaus but for most people common sense goes a long way. My sister in law bought a house at the peak of that bubble and still did fine, but then again she didn't take out home equity loans to buy pinball machines and ball pits and other Millennial toys.

Also don't buy a house with a lovely interest only loan? Boomers didn't forty years ago.

Yes the housing bubble was created in large part because of home equity loans for pinball machines.

It had nothing to do with the predatory practices on the part of mortgage lenders

Or the biggest financial institutions in the world securitizing that debt and marketing it as a AAA investment when it was garbage

Or the credit rating firms who were "doing the due diligence" completely fabricating the ratings and colluding with above stated financial institutions

it was because everyone wanted a ball pit in their house, that no one actually has.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Trump is just saying what we're all thinking.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
I am surprised more boomers are not complaining that we have a woman running for president

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Whole Foods, more like Whole Paycheck

*still shops there all the time*

as long as we've stopped listing poo poo my dad says and started listing poo poo my mom says:

Gluten is really bad for you, do you realize how many crystals you're going to have to buy to offset all that negative energy?

Hmm, let me just inspect my chart here to figure out which stone will adjust my chi correctly today for my current mood and the current phase of the moon

Oh, thank you for your Mother's Day gift of "a bunch of poo poo with crystals on it", SA Forums User Loquacius; I realize I'm really hard to shop for

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Greatest Generation warned us about pinball machines. The boomers and gen X listened, Millennials didn't.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Everyone could get a good job with decent pay if only our country wasn't ruled by cabal of jew communists who cater to gay muslim agenda

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Boomers gonna boom

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Arian_Samurai posted:

The 2008 crash was caused by millennials defaulting on their high interest pinball machine loans.

rear end in a top hat banks wouldn't even give them a free hour in the ball pit!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Here's another thing baby boomers say

"I, SA Forums User Panfilo, am really butthurt about the 'poo poo Baby Boomers Say' thread on forums dot somethingawful dot com"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

*unironically supports the military

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

laserghost posted:

Everyone could get a good job with decent pay if only our country wasn't ruled by cabal of jew communists who cater to gay muslim agenda

It's been my understanding that baby boomers don't want anyone to get a good job or decent pay unless you are the mythical folk hero from their legends about a person that started from the mail room and worked his way up to CEO by sheer grit, determination, and firm handshakes.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

loquacius posted:

*still shops there all the time*

as long as we've stopped listing poo poo my dad says and started listing poo poo my mom says:

Gluten is really bad for you, do you realize how many crystals you're going to have to buy to offset all that negative energy?

Hmm, let me just inspect my chart here to figure out which stone will adjust my chi correctly today for my current mood and the current phase of the moon

Oh, thank you for your Mother's Day gift of "a bunch of poo poo with crystals on it", SA Forums User Loquacius; I realize I'm really hard to shop for

How often does she does she use reiki to cure sickness?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

loquacius posted:

This thread was a really unlikely place for me to get my plan for tomorrow afternoon

and yet here we are

Oh my god, you're going to have sex with a crocodile?!?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Panfilo posted:

How is this untrue? Owning a house gives you an enormous amount of financial stability. Someone that owns their home free and clear when they retire is in a much better position financially than someone paying rent.

People talk about some of the benefits of renting over owning, but realistically a tiny minority of people renting are really making the most of it financially.

:corsair:

boomer spotted

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dreddout posted:

How often does she does she use reiki to cure sickness?

She hasn't yet, but I looked it up and my immediate reaction was "dear God I hope no one tells her about this or she will spend so much money on it"

Command Ant posted:

Oh my god, you're going to have sex with a crocodile?!?

Hopefully the daiquiris will chill it out a little first

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

CubanMissile posted:

It's been my understanding that baby boomers don't want anyone to get a good job or decent pay unless you are the mythical folk hero from their legends about a person that started from the mail room and worked his way up to CEO by sheer grit, determination, and firm handshakes.

Only after paying for university by working at Dairy Queen over the summer.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Let's take the boat out for a spin this weekend

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

CubanMissile posted:

Depends where you are living I guess. Here in eastern europe everything is blamed on communism or capitalism (interchangeably and sometimes together), Jews and gays. And on the side note, you have no idea how strong this American success story myth is here.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Eames36 posted:

Yes the housing bubble was created in large part because of home equity loans for pinball machines.

It had nothing to do with the predatory practices on the part of mortgage lenders

Or the biggest financial institutions in the world securitizing that debt and marketing it as a AAA investment when it was garbage

Or the credit rating firms who were "doing the due diligence" completely fabricating the ratings and colluding with above stated financial institutions

it was because everyone wanted a ball pit in their house, that no one actually has.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

"Are you winning son?"

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Dang it, Bobby.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Pawl posted:

I am surprised more boomers are not complaining that we have a woman running for president

Less scary than that Kenyan in there now

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

"If a bully gives you any trouble sock him in the face as hard as you can. It's the only thing they understand."
"Do you know what we used to call Brazil nuts?"
*I fall down and scratch my knee* "Rub some dirt on it and walk it off!"

Also, my dad is 100% Mexican and he hates all Mexicans. Why is this?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rivethead posted:

americanization

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Rivethead posted:

Same reason I probably hate all nerds: too much exposure you only see the worst now.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Rivethead posted:

He's a Republican?

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
"All these (in a hushed voice) blacks on welfare -- I raised 6 kids on one salary and never accepted a handout!"

Yet, I have distinct memories lying about mine and my sisters age so we could stay on WIC.

Cyber Punk 90210 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 6, 2016

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Rivethead posted:

My dad does this too, I think it's a "they took are jobs!" kinda thing.

Dad, you're drunk, a day laborer won't take your job as an oilfield tech, the economy will take care of that on its own.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Rivethead posted:

"If a bully gives you any trouble sock him in the face as hard as you can. It's the only thing they understand."
"Do you know what we used to call Brazil nuts?"
*I fall down and scratch my knee* "Rub some dirt on it and walk it off!"

Get Urban Mexicans started on Orchard Mexicans or Louis C.K. Mexicans started on anyone not white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Pawl posted:

why would they? she's one of them

• Locked thread