Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

mastershakeman posted:

Sick of home warranty never fixing anything - dishwasher is running terribly yet again. Replacement brand recommendations? Currently have a 15 year old KitchenAid.

fancy bosch is nice and quiet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Be careful with that glyphosate, I'm pretty sure it turns frogs gay.

:getin:

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Leperflesh posted:

Any plan that does not involve you talking to them face to face in a very friendly and nonconfrontational manner is passive aggressive and bad, yeah. People can't read friendliness into your other actions and without the face-to-face they tend to assume you're the worst sort of terrible human and react accordingly. Especially when it comes to MAH PROPERTY LINE.

I would just assume they were trying to be nice. Back when i didn't have ill gotten gains I would cut a bit into the neighbor's yard for exactly that reason. Now i judy pay a guy to do it.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

MrYenko posted:

I woke up at 1am last night to incredibly loud screeches in the backyard. Looked into the big tree in the center of the backyard, and one large branch segment is shaking like the trees in the raptor compound of Jurassic Park after they lowered the cow into it. I see a dark shape skitter down the main branch and out of the tree, and a few seconds later, another dark shape fall straight out of the tree ~20ft to the ground.

Turned the backyard lights on to what I can only describe as a raccoon rager. Must have been ten of the adorable little fuzz-balls back there. I've never seen so much as one in the yard before.

Save the trash panda!

Quoting so you can't edit it to be i hate raccoons again and again

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
My partially finished basement is just given a couple vents and no thermostat, basically acting like an additional room on the first floor. The temperature difference could be like 5 degrees, so I swapped my thermostat for an eco bee, which has remote temperature sensors with motion detectors. Now the thermostat heats or cools the room to a good level but only if it thinks someone is in the room. That approach might be good for your purposes.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Problem! posted:

The "unfinished" basement is already framed out for a living room, three bedrooms and a full bath and is already plumbed for the bathroom.

Literally all they gotta do is run some wiring and ducting, throw up some drywall and a ceiling, and slap a carpet down. Not worth $50k.

so get some new contractors, they gave you the 'gently caress off' price

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

totalnewbie posted:

1924, but the kitchen was renovated a few years ago and the bathroom is updated as well, so hopefully this doesn't turn out to be the case.

hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Sepist posted:

I swear my whole house runs on a single 20 amp breaker snaking around every room. I will turn off almost all the breakers and barely anything shuts off. I hit the breaker for the kitchen and my whole house powers off. Very frustrating.

could be miswired to backfeed some circuits