Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

QuarkJets posted:

(for real, you should spend almost no time next to the grill while grilling)

You know, aside from the entire unattended fire thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
They have been replacing the waterlines in my part of the city for the past couple of months, tore up the front of my yard to do it, which had the fill settle about 1ft during a rain storm last month. Yesterday I got home to seeing what looked like a sand boil and a pipe headed to my house to under the street (about 2 feet above the new water line and tied into god knows what). Today, I got home to this:

Isn't home ownership amazing.

Edit: I forgot to add that my sprinkler system is likely totally wrecked, since the line went along the street and to add insult to injury, they pulled out my mailbox.

Oil! fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 25, 2016

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

big trivia FAIL posted:

I've got natural gas run outside currently hooked up to a 20 year old post grill that doesn't work. I want to pull it out, put down pavers, and get a new grill. How do the Webers do with NG conversion (or do they make them direct NG without the conversion kit??) - I can't find coherent info on it.

I replaced a post grill a couple of years ago with an MHP grill and I haven't had any problems with it. One thing you might want to look into is changing from a fixed spot to a quick connect so you can move the grill around if you ever need to. Mine was a bit of a necessity because I had a leak in the line below concrete and it was easier to run along the concrete with a quick connect.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

howdoesishotweb posted:

How big of a deal is aluminum wiring? We are looking at a house built in the late 60s which still has it. The owner is willing to have it replaced with copper but I'm sure it won't be a complete overhaul. Online articles are conflicting from 'no biggie' to 'uninsurable'.

My stove wiring caught fire from the 48 year old aluminum wiring and every other 220V run was in equally bad shape. Aluminum has greater thermal expansion than copper and its corrosion is not conductive, which leads to old wiring on the heavier lines to become liabilities. My insurance covered the fire, but immediately dropped any coverage for future fires caused by the other runs.