Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I knew this going in, but houses are expensive. Part of our fence blew down from storms we had, and I need to replace all the posts because they're old as hell. Some panels are good, some need replaced. The wife wants to install some new privacy fence along our back property line, and fence in a few other small areas so the dog can run around the backyard without being able to escape. Sounds like a great plan. Measured everything, priced out materials, even buying everything on sale I'm up to $1,700 in materials, and that doesn't include the post hole digger or permits. I'm having family help install so I won't pay labor, just food + beer for a weekend, but I'm easily going to be over $2,000 for the fence.

We need to get a dehumidifier for our basement and it looks like we're going to be spending around $200 on that. My wife wants a new microwave, and I agree we need a new one, but we're looking at another $100+ there. We both want a new faucet for our kitchen sink because the current one is set very low and I always bang dishes on it when I wash them. Fuckin faucets are expensive too, another $150+. We don't want to go with the cheapest thing possible, but at the same time, is there really a difference between a $150 and $250 sink faucet? I can't tell if there is. This is why we have jobs and savings accounts and bought under our budget, but still, I feel like :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Our washing machine died and we need a new one. What do you homeowners recommend? We don't want to spend more than $500 on one. All the ones I've own in the past have had agitators in the middle, and it's getting harder and harder to find ones with that. A lot of them are high efficiency which from what I've read online means uses less water, and reviews say that their clothes aren't getting as clean because of that. We don't want to buy the wrong washing machine, so I'm looking for opinions here.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

gvibes posted:

Go to Abt, the greatest appliance store on the planet (I think you're in Chicago). Buy a whatever, they're all fine.

Yeah, the southwest suburbs. Thanks, I'll check out ABT. Thanks everyone else for the recommendations. I think we're going to stay away with a front loader because I've heard a lot of reports of mold in the door seal.