Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
I keep reading and hearing about how a sunroom is a bad investment and a bad idea, especially for resale value.

I get that a room you can only use a few months of the year unless you want to burn money and heat the poo poo out of it isn't appealing. But what about a four-season solarium? They seem to be a lot nicer and they're insulated therefore more useful. I'd definitely get more use out of it than a patio in an Eastern Canadian climate.

What factors determine whether this 30-40k investment would be worth it for market value? Do they really turn away a lot of buyers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
Hey, original solarium/sunroom question guy here.

Pretty much decided to get a four-season solarium with a baseboard on the patio (gently caress three-seasons, like why). Will wait until fall to hopefully get it for a better price though.

As for grilling? I'll be putting in concrete tiles on top of the lawn below as the new patio. Who really needs grass in the backyard anyways?

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
What are some of your favorite ways of dealing with hard water? Inside of my shower looks like dried milk sometimes.