Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The downside is that it can be messy and it's rendered ineffective if it gets wet. But it's effective enough that dusting it around windows, outside doors, & any other nooks and crannies bugs might use is well worth it even as a preventative measure.

You also want to make sure you get food grade DE and not pool grade - pool grade is processed differently enough that it's less effective for pest control and potentially hazardous to people and pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
That's 100% a gimmick you'll likely get sick of within a few years, which is a bad thing when you're dealing with an appliance that costs $2k+.

But I'm generally of the 'stick to basic, timeless looks & don't buy gimmicks unless you're really really committed to using them forever' school of thought with appliances. That applies to smart appliances too - unless you're 100% invested in whatever added functionality there is, chances are that a)you won't actually gain much over a traditional appliance, and b)it's going to make the appliance crap out more often because you added a bunch of new failure points.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
As long as you don't have electrician bees, you're fine.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Leperflesh posted:

Concrobium! I feel like they owe me money for how often I've pushed their product, but it's amazing how many people attempt to treat mold problems with bleach.
"It gets rid of the mold I can see, and if I can't see it then there's not any more there. :downs:"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Consider the type of person who's Concerned enough to join Nextdoor and inform everyone else about suspicious people in the area.

Subjunctive posted:

Your neighbours are paranoid and probably racist too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

MrYenko posted:

it’s a bit kludgy and kind of a pain in the rear end to setup and keep updated.
Sounds like a typical smart appliance/home thing to me.