Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
I have to get one side of my house's gutters replaced and I really don't want to spend that much this year so I'm really tempted to just put up some connected sections of gutter from homedepot until I can get a real person to come out and do an actual good job. Besides leveling and sealing, is there anything in particular to watch out for in doing it the cheap way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
I posted this in the other house thread, but figured I'd cover my bases and cross post here as well:

hark posted:

Hello goons!

So I have a concrete porch that sticks out of the front of my house. It's holding up it's own section of roof with wrought iron supports that are pretty rusted to poo poo in a lot of spots. Also, the concrete is cracking and separating in a section that starts from the corner and is making it's way around the front.

my questions is, what kind of person can/should I get to try to fix this? General contractor? Concrete person? Iron person? All of them glued together?

I have this nagging fear in the back of my mind that the whole front of the house is gonna fall down and I'm gonna have to move out because they're going to condemn it.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

at my last house there was a metal shed with plywood floor and some time after I moved in the floor started to rot. when I pulled up the wood I found that the dude who built it had laid a tarp over the metal floor frame before screwing down the wood on top of it, making an excellent barrier between the wood and the ground that was extremely good at collecting water.

Lmao that's incredible

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Cyrano4747 posted:

FFFFFFFF………

It looks like you missed a spot