Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dopesilly
Aug 4, 2023
Been out of work for a bit over a year now, as a homeowner I was wondering if anybody ever got their feet wet with trade work that helps them improve their ability to maintain and enhance their home?

I'm considering landscaping, hardscape, etc work...I know it'll probably be back breaking but at this point I'd rather take a physical job than be endlessly sending off resumes online and hearing nothing back. Starting tomorrow I'm going to be calling up local garden centers and crews and seeing if they need help. I'm a pretty reliable worker, but I don't have much experience outside of taking care of my own lawn/garden/home, which I feel like I do a pretty decent job at. I know a few people who work in the trades and they say they've got enough work for the next 2 years or something insane, and they won't go out to jobs unless it's worth their time. Their crews aren't looking for more people but they were saying they start guys at $28-$30/hour, I don't expect to make that much as a novice/apprentice but I'm willing to start at the bottom if it means I at least get some valuable knowledge, useful connections, and some money to cover bills. Any advice or input would be awesome, I think when I talk to them about it they don't take me too seriously since I've been doing office poo poo for the past 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU