Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
My Hayward Navigator Pro pool cleaner is officially dead. I got it used/free in 2013 so I'm happy I got 4 years out of it. I have a dedicated vacuum line in the pool. For the past few weeks I've had the pool system sucking only from the skimmer. Then once a week I attach a hose to the vacuum line and dive down and do some manual vacuuming with just the hose. I can keep doing that even though the water is getting pretty chilly, but I'd eventually like to look at new vacuum options. It's a small pool at about 9000 gallons. What do you goons use for pool cleaners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

dalstrs posted:

Why is it dead? You can rebuild pretty much the whole thing and it is really easy.

Coworker who ran a pool store business for years and rebuilt them often offered to take a look at it for me. I brought it in and they said I'd literally have to replace every part, so it would make more sense to get a new one. So I was just going with that. :shrug:

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Any of you have a house with a flat section of roof?
Wouldn't it make sense for the roof to be sloped in such a way that the water ran off the sides instead of keeping a puddle in the middle?
Is this just bad design or a common issue with all flat roofs?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Motronic posted:

"Flat" roof does not mean flat in that sense. Your roof is not properly pitched and needs to be repaired.

poo poo. ok thanks.

https://www.hunker.com/13402553/the-proper-angle-for-water-runoff-on-a-flat-roof
"To keep damage like leaks from occurring, standing water should not exceed 48 hours."

I swept that pool off the roof today but drat, it has been about 4 years since it was last repaired.