Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is a month long enough to reno 2 bathrooms on the same floor of a two family house? we haven't started talking to contractors yet, but my wife thinks our timeline is ambitious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Thanks for the reality check. We will have access to a bathroom at all times and this is going to happen while the unit is completely empty. I plan to start talking to contractors now so work can start once tenants have moved out at the end of March. I'm hoping we won't have to move in while work is ongoing but good to plan for that. I just want my thermostatic valves and Japanese toilet.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

MrLogan posted:

House Ownership Thread: I had no idea [blank] was so incredibly expensive

I just started looking at wall shelving and this statement is very very true.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is $7800 a good quote for painting the interior in a 2 family home that’s about 2000sq ft. 6beds and 4 baths total? This includes the materials. I honestly have no idea what this should run because I got a labor only quote from the gc doing some other work at the house for $2800 + materials cost.

Edit: material will be Benjamin Moore paint if that matters.

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 5, 2021

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

The quote did include ceilings, and was a single color for the first floor and 4 colors for the second floor, empty house. I have another guy coming out tomorrow. But it's good to know this wasn't like insanely astronomical.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Got another paint quote for 8k. Life is pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Was this for the exterior of your house?

I need to paint soon, and have someone peel off the 50+ years of people just sloppily painting over already peeling paint. Was wondering what it would cost me and if I could save any money trying to peel some off myself.

This is for interior work.