Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

SiGmA_X posted:

Cut it down at night :agesilaus:

Now I'm wondering just how bad of an idea it'd be to use a chainsaw at night with night-vision goggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

GameCube posted:

I haven't quite maxed out all my credit cards since closing on the house.
^ New thread subtitle, please.

Leperflesh posted:

Then again I don't give a poo poo and at this point my "lawn" is like 80% weeds, plus I'm in California so it's currently closely-cropped dead weeds and maybe some grass.

(Lawns are stupid and bad and I'm going to get rid of mine and I encourage everyone else who is allowed to, to do the same.)
Alternatively, and especially if you have a shady lawn, I recommend clover. Last year I bought a 10 pound bag of "wild mix" clover seeds (45 goddamn dollars :homebrew: plus tax) that said it would be sufficient for 5-10 acres. I have 0.13 acres. I used a hand-crank seed distributor and spewed the whole bag, instructions be damned. Fast-forward to this year, we've got a major drought, the grass is patchy and dead-looking, yet the clover is growing hog wild and my place looks better than my neighbors' brown-rear end lawns. Bonus: I've only had to mow twice all year and that was only to keep the clover from getting any ideas on world domination.

10/10 would spend $45 on birdfeed again

What type of floor(s) do you use your Scooba on? I have laminate through the whole house and laminate generally doesn't like liquid, so I've held off on seriously considering one. My Roomba Jeeves, on the other hand, is the hardest-working person in this house.