Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
Finally got RG up to a spot where I want to move him into my arena team, currently running Dooku(L), Daka, QGJ, Lumi, Phasma, all 7-star and gear VIII or IX. I'm assuming Phasma's the odd (wo)man out here, but wanted some input.

I think I'm on a relatively early/high-progress shard, I have to work pretty hard to stay ranked anywhere higher than 50ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I saw this yesterday and it is 100% the truth.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
If you have difficulty with the savage fight, this is all I've found to help.

Best the driods until they heave 1 hit left, single target DPS savage until he smashes everyone. Kill a droid, pop a heal and kick his rear end. Rinse with other droid if you still suck.

Oh and my 3 star teebo makes that one challenge gravy, that was good advice on here.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

quote:

He will be, eventually.

When? I have no idea. Every character who is exclusive to Chromium, will eventually be rotated out in to the world.

Well, good news I suppose, who knows how often will they rotate them though.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Everything that costs money now will be free eventually.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Rex can get to g11 now too, I hear he's the megawhale leader of choice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I can't get anything to GIX even. It all requires raid gear that I don't have.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Still waiting on Aayla Secura for team Blue Lightsabers (No Plos Allowed)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

kaschei posted:

I still want IGD, Aayla, and Kit for team counterstrike. Until I can get Aayla and Kit, I'm not interested in IGD though (at least, there are a lot of heroes that are higher priority than him until this is possible).

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
My primary arena team are all gear 9 at this point. This required 3 pre-crafted parts and 2 shipment furnace purchases. In all likelihood my first gear 10 will probably be fives, since his gear nine didn't require a blocking part, and i have one pre-crafted part left.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

My primary arena team are all gear 9 at this point. This required 3 pre-crafted parts and 2 shipment furnace purchases. In all likelihood my first gear 10 will probably be fives, since his gear nine didn't require a blocking part, and i have one pre-crafted part left.

I was able to precraft some arakyds, but not the furnaces. I have one left, and so far I know that both Poggle and Eeth need one to progress. Don't think I'll spend it on either.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Yup, I couldn't precraft anything, as I was counting on the patch dropping to make these parts more available... which lead me to farm hard mode shards instead of gear.

Little did I know, that at the same time, they would be making certain gear IMPOSSIBLE to get without raiding. So I'm in GVIII hell.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I managed to precraft 2 droid callers which went to QGJ and Mace Windu (who will be able to hit gear X in a few days when I get to 78, not that it matters much on him). Still far away from crafting even one furnace :(

kaschei posted:

I want her so bad too :(

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

MoraleHazard posted:

In the challenges, on the final battle, do you shoot the support droids first, or the Boss?

Auto all the fights and let RNGesus be your guide.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I've been having good runs with Sid/Luminara/Geo Soldier/Phasma/Poe still. I used to be sitting at about 150ish on my server but fell down to 2k or so after not playing for a few weeks. Same team I've managed to claw my way back up to around 500 now and I'm still beating vastly superior teams.

Disco De Soto posted:

The title screen almost put me off the game before trying it. Just the way everyone is slightly "off" makes it look really amateurish.

From center to right: Short-armed Vader, downs-syndrome Chewie, too-much-plastic-surgery Han, rape-face Windu, football-head Yoda.

The game is worth it alone for that drat grin Sidious has.

Tracula fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 10, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
It's easy to beat a superior team when piloted by the lovely AI. The measure of your team's quality is how far you drop over a day.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Avail posted:

If you have difficulty with the savage fight, this is all I've found to help.

Best the driods until they heave 1 hit left, single target DPS savage until he smashes everyone. Kill a droid, pop a heal and kick his rear end. Rinse with other droid if you still suck.

Oh and my 3 star teebo makes that one challenge gravy, that was good advice on here.

Since he's weak to status effects, bringing stunners helps. Dooku, Asajj, and Daka are on my go-to Savage team. On an average run, he never takes a turn.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Since he's weak to status effects, bringing stunners helps. Dooku, Asajj, and Daka are on my go-to Savage team. On an average run, he never takes a turn.

I run Phasma (L), Dooku, Daka, Asajj, Poggle on auto.

Poggle is good because he has ability block on his basic.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I run Phasma (L), Dooku, Daka, Asajj, Poggle on auto.

Poggle is good because he has ability block on his basic.

I run this but with Talia instead of Poggle. She gets you another clutch heal if turn order ends up hosed and she can give you two turns of debuffs with her jump attack. Not that it really matters because I also auto it and the computer is apparently not smart enough to save the heals if people start getting hit.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

I run this but with Talia instead of Poggle. She gets you another clutch heal if turn order ends up hosed and she can give you two turns of debuffs with her jump attack. Not that it really matters because I also auto it and the computer is apparently not smart enough to save the heals if people start getting hit.

Also, Daka is hilariously bad at healing when it comes to Savage. She will only heal if someone is dead. Because of Savage's 100% TM ability, if one person dies, they're probably all dead.

e: Also, I never leveled her past 50ish, and she's 4*. At some point I plan to get back to that...but...there are a lot of higher priority heroes.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 10, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Hughlander posted:

Auto all the fights and let RNGesus be your guide.

This guy knows what's up. Just put it on auto and check back in 2 minutes. Let the game jerk itself off.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Disco De Soto posted:

This guy knows what's up. Just put it on auto and check back in 2 minutes. Let the game jerk itself off.

Also because it really doesn't matter if you fail you can just auto it.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Apologies if anyone goes up against my A team in GW, the last node has me up against someone else's A team that is crushing my B and C team :(

Is it just me or are less people bothering with GW Etiquette these days?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Halverine posted:

Is it just me or are less people bothering with GW Etiquette these days?

There's GW etiquette?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Tracula posted:

There's GW etiquette?

For awhile, people acknowledged that you should finish with a not awful team comp. Then some people started intentionally finishing with gently caress-you comps. Now, I generally have to finish with a ridiculous team comp to beat the ridiculous team comp I'm fighting...so...we've all basically hosed ourselves by using ridiculous team comps.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Why do people think the GW team other people fight is the team you beat the last node with?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The teams I sometimes face in GW are utterly bizarre. I managed to get a B squad that can usually run the first 4-5 missions for me, which is nice. Tonight they could only get through three, but my Luminara managed to keep her protection until the second to last fight somehow.

I am working on starring up Stormtrooper Han, QGJ, and I am getting close to buying a Phasma from GW. Not entirely sure who I should be working on specifically? I am sorta trying to get Han to gear level 7 but it's a miserable slog. Old Daka is stuck on 6 too because of the slog. I sort of want to unlock Dark Side Hard map 5 to start farming Bariss but I am struggling on the Dark Side normal maps on that stage, and Dooku and RG take for loving ever to farm. Do I just need to wait until I can get a Phasma? Should I be working on some other poo poo?

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
Ran three GW without losing a single person. Didn't even use Bariss. Not sure what that is all about, but I like it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Just started our first T6 raid. Good luck!

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
I'm new to this game and I have already started farming shards for an ewok team which I will use for everything I possibly can except dark side battles which I don't care about. All 4 fluffy bears plus I don't know who for the last slot. For everything. Is this a bad idea?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Just started our first T6 raid. Good luck!

Arrrgggg I just finished getting my 4th squad to 5*. Now I am back to two squads again lol I will never have good raid DPS.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

antisocial86 posted:

I'm new to this game and I have already started farming shards for an ewok team which I will use for everything I possibly can except dark side battles which I don't care about. All 4 fluffy bears plus I don't know who for the last slot. For everything. Is this a bad idea?

Yeah go crazy. There's no way to actually win this game so just play it how you want. I wish there were enough Jawas for a team :(

I hate ewoks but they have really good team synergy.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So I'm having trouble figuring out which characters I should use for my arena team. I've been able to keep myself in the top 100 for a while now, but I feel like my makeup is holding me back. I have a 4*Ben and 4*QGJ I'm trying to make work , but maybe I need more stars before I rotate them in?

Original team: (L)7*88, 6*GS, 7*Lumi, 4*JC, 2*RG

New team: (L)4*Ben, 6*GS, 7*Lumi, 4*QGJ, 2*RG
(Ben was too slow and ended up applying Mind Tricks after the enemy team took their turn, so I swapped to a QGJ lead to help Ben attack sooner)

In retrospect I replaced my 4*JC with a 4*QGJ which left Lumi as my only healer -- but now I can remove taunts. I think the real mistake was dropping my 7*88 for a 4*Ben. Perhaps I should keep using QGJ over JC and bring back 88 over Ben.

I also have 2 benched characters I've been working on. 4*Daka (she'll be 4 for a while, I think I want to star QGJ first) and 5*Phasma (she is starring up fast from GW). Daka won't be able to replace my Lumi for a while, but I can definitely see Phasma fitting in somewhere. I'm just not sure how to add her. GS and JC are gear level 8, everyone else is gear level 7.

Then there's my tank problem. I know RG is only 2* (2 shards away from 3*) but I can't get him from cantina yet so I've just been farming hard. I just got Stormtrooper Han to 4*, but he's still level 1 gear 1. I've been using all my tokens on him, so I imagine the smart move is to level and gear him up as a replacement for RG until I can get his stars up to match Han.

Should I level Han to replace RG for now? How would that change my team makeup? I simply don't have enough experience here and would really appreciate any guidance you guys can provide. Here's my profile so you can see my full roster in case I'm missing a better composition:

https://swgoh.gg/u/splat/

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Wow slowly dropping Jedi from both my gw and arena teams is making life so much easier. I mean I still run lumi in arena and her and Barris in gw, but having fives and Rey in there just makes it amazingly easier. Having at least two people who can just bash dorku and SIDS heads makes things so much easier.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

xyigx posted:

Wow slowly dropping Jedi from both my gw and arena teams is making life so much easier. I mean I still run lumi in arena and her and Barris in gw, but having fives and Rey in there just makes it amazingly easier. Having at least two people who can just bash dorku and SIDS heads makes things so much easier.

Especially when they're in every drat team on my shard. I'm sick of needing to primary sidious every time in GW. 3-turn healing immunity on a basic attack is a bit much.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Just get some stuns, Daka and HRS are great in GW. Stun the DPS and kill Sid or vice versa.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I got QGJ to Gear X last night. He's a loving beast 7700 power rating.

And get this: There's a good chance I hit Gear XI in the next two weeks. He needs 32 more raid pieces that I brought last night with guild points, and then he needs level 80 for one other item that I already have made. It's almost stupid 90% of my roster is gear VIII and he's going to get to XI.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

I just unlocked Dooku and Daka this morning. :toot:

I'm going to go for one more star on Daka and then start working on unlocking QJG.

Almost have my entire team up to Gear VII, for protection. Too bad it only lasts for the first few GW battles before it's gone. Since I'm pouring my resources into my main team, I don't really have a "B" team, unless you count the random level 40 characters I haven't touched in a week. Usually in GW I just get my 400 points, buy Lumi, and then run through a few more nodes until I hit the last few, then I quit for the day. The only GW I completed was my very first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Teebo and elder now 5*, chirpa and scout still 3 or 4.