Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Game not loading for anyone else? Android here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Starrett posted:

Game not loading for anyone else? Android here

Game is loading fine for me on ios

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Loading fine for me as well, on Android.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

So I had something unusual happen tonight. In the second to last GW fight I got a character shard. Is this new? Did I just get tremendously lucky (it was a snowtrooper shard so lmao on that if so)? Have I just been really unlucky to have never gotten one before the final battle in GW before?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

So I had something unusual happen tonight. In the second to last GW fight I got a character shard. Is this new? Did I just get tremendously lucky (it was a snowtrooper shard so lmao on that if so)? Have I just been really unlucky to have never gotten one before the final battle in GW before?

It happens every so often. Maybe once or twice a week for me.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rabidsquid posted:

I've gotten a shard from the 10th fight. You're guaranteed one on the 12th, but there's a small chance to get them on earlier fights as well.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I'm unsure on what characters to grind for now. I got the following 7 starred / max lvl (for my player lvl)

Chewie
Old Daka
Phasma
Luminara
Jedi Consular
IG-88
Sidious

I got nothing to spend arena / gal war / cantina shipments on. I've been collecting some HK-74 and IG-86 droid shards, to maybe make a droid team. And been spending my cantina / hardmode battles making a first order team (Kylo Ren / First order TIE Pilot)

any suggestions what path to take? or perhaps keep gearing the main squad? I'd have to unlock the latter campaign levels for that, which is kinda tough

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Skilleddk posted:

I'm unsure on what characters to grind for now. I got the following 7 starred / max lvl (for my player lvl)

Chewie
Old Daka
Phasma
Luminara
Jedi Consular
IG-88
Sidious

I got nothing to spend arena / gal war / cantina shipments on. I've been collecting some HK-74 and IG-86 droid shards, to maybe make a droid team. And been spending my cantina / hardmode battles making a first order team (Kylo Ren / First order TIE Pilot)

any suggestions what path to take? or perhaps keep gearing the main squad? I'd have to unlock the latter campaign levels for that, which is kinda tough

Dude get qui goon jin from cantina hes amazing.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Skilleddk posted:

Droid supremacy! Poggle is another one you could collect for them. They aren't the best team but they're fun.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Skilleddk posted:

Chewie
Old Daka
Phasma
Luminara
Jedi Consular
IG-88
Sidious

QGJ from Cantina because he's one of the top five overall characters in the game. Ackbar from Arena and Teebo from Galactic War because their turn meter manipulation makes them both beasts in the Rancor raid, and Ackbar's debuff clear gives him particular utility in phase 1 of it

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
I am so not ready for the Tier6 raid. I only have Sid, Lumi, QGJ, Phasma at 7* and Dooku at 6*. Was focusing on getting guys to 5* so I had a nice deep bench. /sad

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
We're definitely going back to T5

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
For arena how many of you actually have a healer on your team? I have been running healers normally but maybe a tank or another DPS might be better?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

xyigx posted:

For arena how many of you actually have a healer on your team? I have been running healers normally but maybe a tank or another DPS might be better?

I think a lot of teams that dont have access to all the best characters, and some that do, run lumi or daka who are healers because lumi has hella offense and daka got them stuns.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Lumi is still on my team of Doku lead,GS,QGJ,and Rylo.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
My Arena and GW team is : Chewie, IG-86, RG, JC, and Talia.

I'm building up QGJ and almost unlocked HK-47 because I'll eventually build a droid team.

Before I came to the thread, I had no idea how to grow these guys and just built them sort of at random.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I have Lumi (L), Anakin, Windu, QGJ, and Ashoka all ready for Yoda.

Too bad everyone except Lumi is around 15 levels lower than Yoda 5*, and I really really hate doing GW every day.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

So Yoda got buffed pretty significantly. He went from pretty easy to straight demolishing teams.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

xyigx posted:

At the top end, the only healer you'll see on arena teams is daka, and she's really there for stuns rather than heals.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
At 78 the 7* yoda fight is loving stupid.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Ok so the tier 6 raid is super hard and phase 1 is a huge cockblock. If you want to do any damage at all, you need a dispel like QGJ or Teebo. I'd also recommend Ackbar since being able to remove deathmark is huge. Once I got Ackbar to 6* today, I basically doubled my phase 1 damage and was able to keep trucking until enrage. I wasn't able to have him escape unfortunately so my later attempts went worse. Once more people have dispel and debuff removal, I think we can finish tier 6 in a decent amount of time.

Apparently the tier 7 raid is easier since each phase has only a half or a third of the tier 6 hp but enemies hit harder and have more tenacity. For that, I think we'd need most of the guild to be 80 with at least two full 7* teams.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I recall beating the 4 star yoda fight pretty easily but now the 5 star ver this time around is insane? I have lumi(7*),qgj(6*),jc,mace, eeth koth at 5 star and yoda just takes 3 turns for every 2 of my guys who go and just decimates my team even with qui gon leader. hosed up man. He managed to steal my lumi heal buff twice before it expired off my guys which means at a minimum he took like 6 turns before my slowest guy took 2.

Feel like i need a 7 star team to beat this lil green cockgoblin which i think defeats the purpose of this star value event

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So Yoda apparently is level 90 now with gold gear? Good luck everyone :)

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Yeah the 7 star Yoda was hitting my JC for over 7k with his basic, unbuffed. He crit for over 13k once too, again with no buffs on him.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Barriss/lum/jc/qgj/ahsoka rolled kit/lum with yoda so just focused on yoda until he died then lum then kit.

I am a mix of 77 and 78.

I actually was just playing on auto while working and when I looked up yoda was dead and i was left with barriss, JC and Ahsoka.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I actually think that Obi-Wan will be a lot easier for me to farm than Barriss for trying to set up a squad to get Yoda finished next time he comes around. Realistically I want Barriss but I am not going to get her farmed up entirely off of hard nodes and I am not sure I'll be able to get to her in Cantina by then.

Would a team of Obi-Wan/QGJ/Lumi/Eeth Koth/JC be viable for trying to unlock Yoda next time?

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Made it 7 nodes in to GW this time before failurecascade. Running Dooku, GS, RG, Lumi, Sid.

This was my first time using Dooku as leader since I leveled him up, and he is awesome.

At least I hit my daily goal of 400 GW tokens and got my Lumi for the day. I pretty much can't expect more than that given how difficult GW gets after node 6.

In other news, my standard Arena team of Lumi, GS, RG, Sid, and Talia is starting to be less effective now that i'm at 17k arena power (on my shard, that's Rank #60 - 70). Should I swap Talia out and Dooku in?

Stalkerr fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 12, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Stalkerr posted:

Made it 7 nodes in to GW this time before failurecascade. Running Dooku, GS, RG, Lumi, Sid.

This was my first time using Dooku as leader since I leveled him up, and he is awesome.

At least I hit my daily goal of 400 GW tokens and got my Lumi for the day. I pretty much can't expect more than that given how difficult GW gets after node 6.

In other news, my standard Arena team of Lumi, GS, RG, Sid, and Talia is starting to be less effective now that i'm at 17k arena power (on my shard, that's Rank #60 - 70). Should I swap Talia out and Dooku in?

Run Dooku lead in arena. He's the best.

I just beat Yoda. Barriss (L), QGJ, Lumi, JC, Eeth. Everyone was 78 except Eeth (77), and G8 except QGJ/Barriss (G9). I went against Mace and JC. I just focused Yoda down with everything. Also, I would highly recommend using Lumi's heal so that Yoda gets her HoT. Then, save QGJ's debuff strike to give your whole team offense up. If you use it on Tenacity buff, you won't get offense up. Additionally, this way Yoda's buff steal move has just been used, so you don't risk him getting offense up and killing everyone in one turn.

Also, if you are wondering what to do with your first two furnaces, here's a handy guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4j2m5n/indepth_guide_on_distributing_your_mk5_furnaces/

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 12, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Also, if you are wondering what to do with your first two furnaces, here's a handy guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4j2m5n/indepth_guide_on_distributing_your_mk5_furnaces/

Best post on the subreddit IMO.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MichiganCubbie posted:

So, forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but what's the benefit of running the game through Windows in Bluestacks? I see that thing in the OP about the pack with the IG-86. How do you get that? I already have him, so I'm assuming it'll turn to shards.

It's a promotion for Samsung devices. If you have a samsung, you already got it, if you don't, Bluestacks emulates a samsung. In addition to IG-86 (which will turn into shards for you), you get a couple hundred crystals and some vader shards.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I added myself to the spreadsheet - i'm stuck in a pubbie guild full of Russians right now and they are pretty useless. Save me! https://swgoh.gg/u/de_soto/

I had the craziest GW fight yesterday. Boba Fett was the last guy standing in the enemy team and he self-revived SEVEN loving TIMES IN A ROW it became almost comical in the end. Made me think of that Chumbawamba song.

EDIT: Is there room in Goongan Grand Army? If there is i'll leave my crappy guild - just in the middle of a raid now.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 13, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Unlocked Yoda, finally. 5* was a complete bitch. Won it by having Barriss as lead for the HP boost and carefully hit Yoda down. And getting 7* Phasma tonight. Unsure on how to focus next in the GW. Thinking Teebo for Ewok Raid squad.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Disco De Soto posted:

EDIT: Is there room in Goongan Grand Army? If there is i'll leave my crappy guild - just in the middle of a raid now.

Yep, we still have a few slots left. I got your ally request, so as soon as you drop your current guild, I can invite you.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Unlocked Yoda, finally. 5* was a complete bitch. Won it by having Barriss as lead for the HP boost and carefully hit Yoda down. And getting 7* Phasma tonight. Unsure on how to focus next in the GW. Thinking Teebo for Ewok Raid squad.

Yeah, if you've got Lumi and Phasma, I would really recommend Teebo.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Any hints at when the next omega materials will be available?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

At level 80.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

kaschei posted:

Any hints at when the next omega materials will be available?

When you complete all your dailies at level 80, you will get one. I'm hoping they will occasionally run extra Omega events, but they've been silent on it.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Got more starz today. Dooku (3*), Lumi (6*), Side (5*), GS(4*), and RG (3*) took me all the way to the end in GW for the first time since my first GW, like a month ago.

Wow, I forgot how awesome the rewards were for that last node. Completion really does have its advantages.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Stalkerr posted:

Got more starz today. Dooku (3*), Lumi (6*), Side (5*), GS(4*), and RG (3*) took me all the way to the end in GW for the first time since my first GW, like a month ago.

Wow, I forgot how awesome the rewards were for that last node. Completion really does have its advantages.

Yeah, I tell everyone to prioritize finishing GW. This means distributing credits/droids evenly across your top 10 or more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
This game would be painful without GW collection, that's like 95% of the day's income.