Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I culled my friends list, so if you'd to add me for a g12 GK ally, my code is 277-649-861.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Double posting: Something Maulful goons, if you haven't deployed your ships yet today, please do so, even if you don't have a 6* flagship. We're close to another star.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Out of curiosity, how many stars did your big goon guild manage?

Just short of the 100 crystals here 24/45. :(

Ships are a problem in our guild after ph5

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Blueberry posted:

Out of curiosity, how many stars did your big goon guild manage?

Just short of the 100 crystals here 24/45. :(

Ships are a problem in our guild after ph5

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
QGJ is at 18(so close to 19). Next time we shkuld. Be able to hit 22+ if we are a little better prepared.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

QGJ is at 18(so close to 19). Next time we shkuld. Be able to hit 22+ if we are a little better prepared.

We probably left 2-3 stars on the table. We'll know better how to tackle them next time around.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, it'll make a huge difference. Plus not having a bunch of points go missing at the start thanks to client restarts ruining combat missions.

People need to be on the ball though now that it's switching to a 12 hour cycle. Make sure you hit each phase even if you only have time to deploy/platoon.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What should we be buying with the new currency? Is there characters we need to forward guild goals or should we just go all out on Hermit Yoda?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6yfipl/quick_question_what_are_the_best_value_buys_for/

quote:

TL:DR - If you are still a long-ways off from getting your Hoth Soldier to 5 star, I recommend you use your tokens to purchase his shards from the Guild Events Store (not Scout - he isn't worth it). If you have him already or are close to 5 starring him, investing in G12 gear is the best use of tokens.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Someone left SM, so we've got a spot for an older account from QGJ/other.

Taken by Caesar.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 6, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Expired Vitamin posted:

Checking in again for open space. Open space in a guild. My ally code is: 227-925-822.

In discord and game as Sendric.

Room in QGJ just opened up, RC Cola is sending invites.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Chilichimp posted:

Room in QGJ just opened up, RC Cola is sending invites.

Cool. Just dropped my rando guild once I saw his ally request.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

We only need HRS at five star? I thought it was 7

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Just got our first payout for TB. I'm using mine to grab some G12 gear for Luke and starting the Hermit Yoda grind.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

We only need HRS at five star? I thought it was 7

Need 5 star ASAP.

Need 7 star eventually at some point.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I'm sure this won't be absolutely soul-crushing

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Canemacar posted:

So just how good is number crunch in practical terms? Have people who zeta'd it noticed their team getting a lot beefier?

It let me take the 3rd tier of the speed mod challenge from 1 star to 3.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Hey goons. SA Noodles in QGJ. Just got back from a cruise and now my city (Miami) is staring a category 5 hurricane in the face. If I'm not on for a while after Sunday, my power is out (last hurricane I was without power for almost 2 weeks) or my iPad blew away.

Either way, I'll be back on once this hurricane passes and FPL fixes poo poo.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

For anyone not in Discord...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/128439/character-strategy-veteran-smuggler-han-solo

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/128436/character-strategy-veteran-smuggler-chewbacca

That was fast.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I love that they couldn't even be bothered with making a clean looping gif.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
What is the gameplay of this game like? I played Summoners War until like Giants 8 or so but found it too grindy. Tried Fire Emblem Heroes recently, but after rerolling for Hector I really quickly found the game to be boring.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Wintermutant posted:

It should just grey the challenge button out, if it were merciful.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Wintermutant posted:

GK lead with zBarriss should let you survive long enough to kill GK...maybe.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons: First off, great work everyone on pulling together with the Territory Battles. I'm expecting a new one to kick off tomorrow and I'd like to discuss some strategies that might help us bring in a few more stars:

1. In general, it's better to do your platoons and fights first, then deploy once we have an idea of where we're going to need the points. We could probably have gotten a 3* in the lower territory in P2 and P3 with better resource allocation. Going forward, please try to hold your deploys as long as possible, but if you can't, deploy to the bottom territory in P2 and P3. For later phases, check the in-game motd for direction.
2. Starting in P4, there is a powerful special attack available. It's a circular button on the left side. The strength of this attack is determined by how well we do on the squadron deployment for the previous ship territory.
3. For platoons and squadrons, be sure to check and see if the platoon is actually completable before you put someone in. If it's got one of the new ewoks, or a high star Lobot, or one of the super rare ships (Tie Reaper, Kylo Shuttle, Millennium Falcon, Cassian U-wing), hold off on putting someone in. There's no benefit gained from a partially completed platoon or squadron.
4. Moving forward, keep farming your characters to 7*, especially light side ones available in the various stores. Your arena team is still your most important focus though.
5. Join the Discord channel, and keep an eye on the motd.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Davethulhu posted:

Something Maulful goons: Lots of good info

To add to this, add yourselves onto https://swgoh.gg/ and that will allow it to check through your rosters. It's a good resource, and will allow you to keep tabs on how you're doing with the rest of us, and allow us to see how you're doing, if you want help.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Gejimayu posted:

What is the gameplay of this game like? I played Summoners War until like Giants 8 or so but found it too grindy. Tried Fire Emblem Heroes recently, but after rerolling for Hector I really quickly found the game to be boring.

It's way deeper than FEH. I hope you like Star Wars though. The gameplay is interesting but the grind is real. You won't hit it too hard for the first few weeks but the closer you get to the top, the more you'll start to feel like a full day of points didn't net you anything useful. Still, comedy gold from the community and a lot of random things to do throughout the day or when you're pooping. Totally playable for zero dollars but a few bucks here and there won't do any harm and actually feels more useful than any money spent on FEH.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Also: this has to be said for anybody considering this game coming from a gacha: It's not a gacha.

There's a gacha mechanism but 95% of your toon development comes from resource management farming.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

And making blood sacrifices to the RNG...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Gejimayu posted:

If you want to enjoy this game, you have to really like star wars.

I'd recommend reading through the OP, I keep it fairly up to date, and it will give you a huge jump start on other people (although people will outspend you and it will feel soul-crushing).

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

QGJ has an opening. Hurry up if you want to make it in time for the new TB

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So how far back from HAAT did Cesar leaving set us?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
About this much

[------------------------------]

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Canemacar posted:

So how far back from HAAT did Cesar leaving set us?

Assuming we get another member soon and no one leaves? Maybe a month? A few people are closing in on Zetas that will drastically increase tank damage

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

RC Cola posted:

QGJ has an opening. Hurry up if you want to make it in time for the new TB

Guess I'll make the leap from my pubby guild. 494-761-777 is the code.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MichiganCubbie posted:

To add to this, add yourselves onto https://swgoh.gg/ and that will allow it to check through your rosters. It's a good resource, and will allow you to keep tabs on how you're doing with the rest of us, and allow us to see how you're doing, if you want help.

Shout out to all my fellow non-G11 having CLS havers. :glomp:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm some 9 blue pieces and 20 mk III carbantis away... god damnit.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
As was being discussed in Discord (all the actual posts happen there these days and the cliffs notes get copied here if anyone remembers), due to all the hurricane fun, it's probably a good idea to hold off on purging inactives for a week or so. It would suck to lose your house, car, and guild all because someone didn't poast about it.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Inimicul posted:

As was being discussed in Discord (all the actual posts happen there these days and the cliffs notes get copied here if anyone remembers), due to all the hurricane fun, it's probably a good idea to hold off on purging inactives for a week or so. It would suck to lose your house, car, and guild all because someone didn't poast about it.

Just lol if you dont have a backup sat phone to grind bear asses in case of emergency

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Inimicul posted:

From experience, here in Miami we're usually without power anywhere from 2 to about 14 days (with some unlucky fucks being without power for waaaay longer). Although compared to the last big storm, this time wifi and cell data is ubiquitous, so who knows how fast all that stuff will be up.

I, for example, will farm space bear asses by hooking up my phone to car batteries and boosting my signal by throwing my phone as high into the air as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017
God drat you guys are hardcore.