Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

They finally released the rework details on the bounty hunters, but they released it in the dumbest format imaginable for finding new info: a podcast. So I'll listen to this over 1:20 podcast to get info, but I will hopefully find a write up somewhere. They get to the first rework, IG-88, about 20 minutes in.

edit: While checking reddit for a write up, my favorite comment, "Next up: Mod Management- the thrilling 3 part Omnibus coming soon to your local bookstore".

edit2: Somewhere on reddit did their own write up.

oh neat.

So contracts are like mini-quests your BH's have to fulfill in a battle to unlock rad passives for your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
SA Noodles

or

Sgt Mongoose

Any interest from either of you to move up to SM? We're losing someone and would like to backfill with someone who already has a JTR.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Chilichimp posted:

SA Noodles

or

Sgt Mongoose

Any interest from either of you to move up to SM? We're losing someone and would like to backfill with someone who already has a JTR.

Down for whatever. I just click poo poo.

(SA Noodles)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doji Sekushi posted:

Down for whatever. I just click poo poo.

(SA Noodles)

Can you get into the discord to make moving over easier? We'd like to move you up after the TB.

edit:

nm, I see you're in there. Just hit me up after the TB.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 24, 2018

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

thrawn527 posted:

They finally released the rework details on the bounty hunters, but they released it in the dumbest format imaginable for finding new info: a podcast. So I'll listen to this over 1:20 podcast to get info, but I will hopefully find a write up somewhere. They get to the first rework, IG-88, about 20 minutes in.

The Game Changers all get their own exclusive info to help drive up viewer/listener count in exchange for the work they do on behalf of EA. A podcast is no different from a YouTube in this regard

It only took a couple of hours for the kits to be officially posted anyway:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/167456/bounty-hunter-rework

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The bounty hunter reworks looks interesting. Contracts are an unique mechanic and the type of content the game needs more of. A shame it seems the contracts are only from the leader, and some of them seems hard to trigger (e.g. Greedo) like when will you ever use a basic 10 times in 1 battle except for raids. Bobbas looks really powerful, outright deleting the fastest enemy at the start of a battle?

Im really eager to try these out, then i remember that this game hides new heroes vehind a paywall, so Bossk won't be useful until like christmas.

Also wondering why Cad Bane received no rework, despite being an OT bounty hunter

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hey, did they just remove the "fight two Arena matches" daily challenge?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ineptitude posted:

The bounty hunter reworks looks interesting. Contracts are an unique mechanic and the type of content the game needs more of. A shame it seems the contracts are only from the leader, and some of them seems hard to trigger (e.g. Greedo) like when will you ever use a basic 10 times in 1 battle except for raids. Bobbas looks really powerful, outright deleting the fastest enemy at the start of a battle?

Im really eager to try these out, then i remember that this game hides new heroes vehind a paywall, so Bossk won't be useful until like christmas.

Also wondering why Cad Bane received no rework, despite being an OT bounty hunter

Pretty sure he's from the clone wars. He's definitely not in the gang of dudes Vader hires to find the Falcon.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

Cad Bane is not an OT bounty hunter. He was in the Clone Wars TV show.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

mdemone posted:

I still see mine there.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Alright, i have no idea who any of them are except bobba fett, i just read elsewhere that the only BH not getting a rework was Zam Wessel

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

Alright, i have no idea who any of them are except bobba fett, i just read elsewhere that the only BH not getting a rework was Zam Wessel

That's only because no one ever thinks about Cad, because he sucks (in this game). Some people actually like using Zam, so they're mad she didn't get a contract, and want to bitch about it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I mean... Zam and Cad should have been given contracts. It's just that simple. If that's how BH's are supposed to work, then that's how they're supposed to work.

Not updating them with contracts is just half-assing this review.

That being said, Zam's gonna slot right into the greedo/dengar meta with the ability to pop thermal dets.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
For Greedo's contract, I'm sure it won't be that hard to fulfill with Dengar and his assists

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

I mean... Zam and Cad should have been given contracts. It's just that simple. If that's how BH's are supposed to work, then that's how they're supposed to work.

Not updating them with contracts is just half-assing this review.

That being said, Zam's gonna slot right into the greedo/dengar meta with the ability to pop thermal dets.

The reason they gave on the podcast was basically, "If we had an infinite amount of time to do things, sure, they would have gotten attention, too. However, we don't, so we hope to revisit them in the future." Which is a pretty lovely reason, but I guess they didn't want to add the time to test out the balancing on two additional contracts?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

The reason they gave on the podcast was basically, "If we had an infinite amount of time to do things, sure, they would have gotten attention, too. However, we don't, so we hope to revisit them in the future." Which is a pretty lovely reason, but I guess they didn't want to add the time to test out the balancing on two additional contracts?

lol, "we'll revisit them in the future"

Ya right, assholes. You didn't meet your deliverable, don't tell me you're gonna get back to it.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Ineptitude posted:

:colbert:

That's 4-LOM & Zuckass on the end there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I just purged the SWGOH discord of non-Star Wars accounts.

If I hosed up and kicked you, a friend, or a second machine account I'm sorry, just rejoin.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

mdemone posted:

Mine’s still there but the “reinforce a ship” activity is gone.

fishtobaskets posted:

:colbert:

That's 4-LOM & Zuckass on the end there.

Sucks that Force Arena can have crowd pleasers 4-LOM and Zuckus as playable characters but we get stuck with someone who was in one movie for like 5 seconds with 0 lines of dialogue.

im cute fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 26, 2018

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

8 hard atempts per day now "temporarily".
Hopefully just as "temporary" as the 3->5 change, as in permanent.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

im cute posted:

Sucks that Force Arena can have crowd pleasers 4-LOM and Zuckus as playable characters but we get stuck with someone who was in one movie for like 5 seconds with 0 lines of dialogue.

And they keep buffing a guy who got killed by a blind guy after being exposed as a total weak bitch

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

8 hard atempts per day now "temporarily".
Hopefully just as "temporary" as the 3->5 change, as in permanent.

It seems like single hardnode farms are the wave of the future and at this pace continuing to collect while F2P is basically going to be impossible.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

And they keep buffing a guy who got killed by a blind guy after being exposed as a total weak bitch

I kept trying to remember if Imwe actually killed Krennic in the movie and when he got any new buffs but I just remembered boba fett got canon killed by the sand vagina monster with blind han getting the assist lmbo

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

im cute posted:

Mine’s still there but the “reinforce a ship” activity is gone.

I'm confused. Were 4-LOM and Zuckass in multiple movies for more than 5 seconds with a ton of dialog?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

UmOk posted:

I'm confused. Were 4-LOM and Zuckass in multiple movies for more than 5 seconds with a ton of dialog?

that is the joke, my man

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Chilichimp posted:

It seems like single hardnode farms are the wave of the future and at this pace continuing to collect while F2P is basically going to be impossible.

Back in my day we got Rey from a single hard node, 3 attempts per day for 3 months, and that’s the way we liked it!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I’m one 7* Jedi away from Yoda and i swear for the briefest moment I was tempted to throw 60bux at the star wars game.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Hows so?

Personally i quite like hard mode farms. You have a limited amount of attempts per day which is easily done, and i dont feel "forced" to spend crystals like i do on cantina nodes. I also dont have to recheck the game every so often to spend more energy that has accumulated

Im currently farming Sabine and Veers, after recently finishing Short Trooper. (Reaper only got to 6* and 10 shards by the time ShT got to 7*, sigh)

8 attempts per day will also mean it will be a lot easier to get the hardest ships like falcon and reaper

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Hows so?

Personally i quite like hard mode farms. You have a limited amount of attempts per day which is easily done, and i dont feel "forced" to spend crystals like i do on cantina nodes. I also dont have to recheck the game every so often to spend more energy that has accumulated

Im currently farming Sabine and Veers, after recently finishing Short Trooper. (Reaper only got to 6* and 10 shards by the time ShT got to 7*, sigh)

8 attempts per day will also mean it will be a lot easier to get the hardest ships like falcon and reaper

I'm doing 4

I was already ignoring 1

they added 2 more

They take like 5 months to complete.

When they put Sion and Marauder onto a single hard node, that'll be another 160 energy I need to spend/day... and I'll be ignoring Marauder.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Apr 26, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

im cute posted:

that is the joke, my man

Then it was a bad one, because Bossk is featured in both Clone Wars and Rebels.

At least boba fett had... lines in ESB? His on-screen time isn't much better than Bossk, he's just the Bounty Hunter that caught him, so he got a few more scenes.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
The Bounty target missions are no joke, barely cleared Easy with some not-so-great BH toons. Which is actually fine, because I'm on an Ewok farming kick so 20 Paploo shards are appreciated!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Then it was a bad one, because Bossk is featured in both Clone Wars and Rebels.

At least boba fett had... lines in ESB? His on-screen time isn't much better than Bossk, he's just the Bounty Hunter that caught him, so he got a few more scenes.

i was talking about 4-LOM and Zuckuss vs Zam Wessel

the real irony is that literal nobody Zam is on screen for like a full 20 minutes in Ep2 and gets at least 1/2 a line of dialogue before she is killed.

CubsWoo posted:

The Bounty target missions are no joke, barely cleared Easy with some not-so-great BH toons. Which is actually fine, because I'm on an Ewok farming kick so 20 Paploo shards are appreciated!

I thought I was going to breeze through some Solo shards but I can't even finish Easy because the only BH I have geared/starred/modded to a respectable level are Boba and IG-88.

im cute fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 26, 2018

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

im cute posted:

I thought I was going to breeze through some Solo shards but I can't even finish Easy because the only BH I have geared/starred/modded to a respectable level are Boba and IG-88.

Same. More stuff to farm forever. Progress? What's progress?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

im cute posted:

I cleared it with these 5 but I had to use some Omegas on Boba and Greedo's payouts to do it. That counter chance into a double tap to heal is pretty amazing.

I think they're tuned for having Bossk in the leader slot tanking them, though.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

I cleared it with these 5 but I had to use some Omegas on Boba and Greedo's payouts to do it. That counter chance into a double tap to heal is pretty amazing.

I think they're tuned for having Bossk in the leader slot tanking them, though.

I'm in it for the long haul, I guess.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they had tuned the event around Bossk, yeah

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
My obsession with all things bounty hunters finally pays off. I've had a pretty solid BH rotation for awhile now but nothing to use them on. I've got everyone 7* except Greedo who I'm just about to finish and most of them are at least G9 with Boba Fett G11.

I have to get Bossk 7* or I'll be very annoyed.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

For Sabine to be useful in the Sith Raid what gear/ability levels does she need? Higher the better on everything? Zetas?

I've also been tossing a jawa+EE team at the raid and getting pretty decent numbers at times if I can hold out for the detonators to go off - what determines the damage from those? Is it worth boosting JawaScav's gear levels? Or JEng (for increased potency on tossing them)?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zachack posted:

For Sabine to be useful in the Sith Raid what gear/ability levels does she need? Higher the better on everything? Zetas?

I've also been tossing a jawa+EE team at the raid and getting pretty decent numbers at times if I can hold out for the detonators to go off - what determines the damage from those? Is it worth boosting JawaScav's gear levels? Or JEng (for increased potency on tossing them)?

Re: Sabine; the more gear the better because she’s squishy AF; you don’t need her zeta unless you’re running her with a full Phoenix squad though (in which case it owns)

As for detonators: don’t invest in them because it won’t work on heroic, but for just moving mods around, thermal set damage is determined by target health (read, not your stats), but stacking pure offense adds Potency to detonator application, and the conversion is such that flat offense (not percentage) secondaries (and an offense triangle) are the absolute best way to do this - way better than Potency secondaries. You still want Potency cross/set bonuses though.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

The hardest part of this game is deciding which zetas to train... I am coming up on 80 zeta mats now which is literally 2/3rds of all the zetas i have ever farmed. ( i have 3 zetas trained but one of them was free)

I have zFinn, zLuke and zRHan

Its about time i use my other zetas.

I have all imp troopers at 7* and find them fun to play so i guess zVeers is good for one of them. This would also mean more IPD shards for QGJ. We in general lack players who are able to complete special missions.

I find the bh reworks interesting so put a few zetas on those? Not sure how many of the zetas are required. Boba's isn't particularly good (?) but it would probably make him even stronger for my fleet arena (where i am funneling most of my resources and get top5 every day). My BH squad is practically non existant though, gg88 at 7* the rest 3* or even not unlocked.

Another option is to go for ezpz and vader and go imperial for arena. I don't really enjoy arena though, pve is a lot more fun, and my zLuke, rhan, thrawn, r2 and gk squad keeps me in top 300 as it is.

Im guessing advice tailored to specific players is difficult, particularly taking playstyle preferences into account...

Chilichimp posted:

I'm doing 4

I was already ignoring 1

they added 2 more

They take like 5 months to complete

Farming that many at once is on you though. I doubt someone as progressed as you are still need to farm 4 hard nodes for roster progression.

(They also "only" take 2 months to complete starting from 0 shards)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

(They also "only" take 2 months to complete starting from 0 shards)

Deffo get zeers, but this is nonsense.

When it was 5 tries/day, avg of 2 shards/day, 2 months is 120 shards.

8 tries us gonna be like 3+ a day, 2 months is proly 200 shards... which still isn’t s full toon.