Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Yuuuup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I'd say finish Phoenix so you can get 7* thrawn, since you are so close to it already. After that get 5 jedi to 7* and geared enough to get GMY since he is the staple of any jedi team

Edit: gearing kanan and especially Ezra up will help with the thrawn fight and give you a decent start on a jedi team to use with revan/bastila/jolee for getting GMY

yeah i had to stop the hera farm before i wanted to to have any shot at revan, but it looks like its paying off.

i am one piece from getting ezra to g9 but kanan takes two carbantis and ughhhhhh thats a lot for g9 i feel like

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I still don't get why people keep acting like Revan is sone easy farm. You need pretty well developed mission and zaalbar to even get past the first part of his quest.

They can both die and you still progress.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

mdemone posted:

I have a g11 zBast, g11 T3-M4, 4*g11 Jolee and 4*g8 mission/zaal.

That should be enough, provided I star up the toons before then, right?

G7 across the board is fine. The event is easy. Stars are all that matter.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
After sitting down yesterday afternoon with a cup of tea, putting on my headphones with a two-hour soothing sounds playlist, and getting my emotional state ready for one last crack at the Chewie RNG fiasco, I crushed it on the first try with three BHs standing at the end. This is not unlike the situation surrounding my C3PO unlock. So here we are with all the dudes; I'll have Revan's crew by the time he comes back. Just a few more shards on the droid and they are all done. This raises two questions!

Next farm: Do I keep up on Bossk starred up for his ship, now that I have Chewie? Hounds tooth and the other BH ships I assume are on the farm list, because it'll get me OT Falcon we assume. Qira for a team lead? Finally get some Nightsister action going? FOX to make that team better? So many good options. Right now the plan is: finish Revan, Quira, L3, Nightsisters, FOX.

Zetas: I'm ready to drop 5, soon 6. Who get's them? Revan for sure, but how many, 3? Which of his Jedi team needs them; GMY? Chewie gets one, doe he need more? Does C3PO need any? Are there any teams that need one to activate, like FO, Resist, and Ewoks did? Current plan: Revan gets three, one on GMY, one on Chewie.

P.S. Screw RNG dependent events, they are bad game design.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Definitely max bossk and the HT. They're both excellent.

Nightsisters are a piss-easy gear, so they're a good general purpose team to chase for TW/TB/GA, etc.

I think you're gonna need to slam it all into farming this latest round of KOTOR toons when they're available, but if you can get to 5* HT/XV/IG2k/LandoFalcon/S1 to 5*, you can get your millenium falcon.

3 zeta for Revan
1 zeta for GMY
1 zeta for jolee (can't resurrect jedi without the zeta)

Chewies are both good, but you don't need'em, C3PO's are both passable, but "oh my goodness" isn't awful for raid poo poo.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 8, 2019

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

You're gonna want Revan's 3, so assuming you are on track with that farm, put aside 3 for him immediately.

Qi'ra has a few options as far as comp makeup, but most of them revolve around zeta Vandor Chewie being there. Your remaining three options should ideally be a tank or two + a DPS. One comp you could do would be Qi'ra/zVandor/L3/Zaalbar/+1, where your +1 can be Nest or Mission. The upside is you don't really need Qi'ra's zeta, so you can easily start this team off with just one zeta for a while. If you want to drop more, look at Nest, or Mission + Big Z. L3's is useless in that comp, but on the upside, she's probably the easiest gear of the bunch.

NS are still good too, but you want about 3 zetas on them. AV's Rampage, MT's Plaguebearer and then one of their leads.

Bossk is my second best character and he's definitely worth it. Getting a solid Hound's Tooth going on your fleet shard can be a huge boon if nobody else is doing that yet.

That said, if your resources are limited and you really think you'll be able to get Revan when he comes back, I highly recommend getting a head start on gearing your jedi if you haven't yet. Jolee, GMY, Hermit Yoda if you have him, Bastila, GK, etc. Or save up gear for Revan himself, etc.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Perfect, thanks. I'm miffed that all of my hard node farms are going to ships :/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I expect to get destroyed in PVP, but drat, maxed out Jango just destroyed me with zero effort.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I expect to get destroyed in PVP, but drat, maxed out Jango just destroyed me with zero effort.

Yeah I think my next arena evolution will be BH. I've got Bossk and Boba ready, Jango not far behind.

Hopefully Zam gets a boost from going g12.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I've returned from a long hiatus and sweet poo poo there's a lot to process now. I'm seeing a lot of "get a squad of this theme, get a piece of another themed squad" events, and I'm super interested in hitting those. What should I focus on first to get my footing going? I'm currently working on Bounty Hunters, if that helps any.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

HebrewMagic posted:

I've returned from a long hiatus and sweet poo poo there's a lot to process now. I'm seeing a lot of "get a squad of this theme, get a piece of another themed squad" events, and I'm super interested in hitting those. What should I focus on first to get my footing going? I'm currently working on Bounty Hunters, if that helps any.

Were you competing in arena before your hiatus? How long was the hiatus?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

It's been way too long. My arena rank, I wanna say, was top 1000 or so when I left. It's been a long time, maybe six months. I'm in the 5k range now. I'm about level 73.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
You aren't gonna like this, but the best thing you can do is start fresh. You're hopelessly behind your arena shard now without spending a ton of money. Wallowing in the high thousands in arena is a pretty miserable way to play the game.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
it feels like it takes a long time to get to 85 but really thats where most of the game is, so yeah if you're only mid 70s restarting is probably for the best

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't restart because of your Arena rank. No matter what you do you'll always be pitted against impossible to defeat whales.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'm a giant idiot. I'm actually at 1500 or so in arena. What's my course of action here?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Use the Phoenix squad characters don't stress too much about winning/losing. Don't spend money either. Everything you want to do will take literal months to accomplish, the game is designed this way.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I said come in! posted:

Don't restart because of your Arena rank. No matter what you do you'll always be pitted against impossible to defeat whales.

Eh, I've never paid a dime and I'm typically top 100, and usually get top 50 for a while when I finally unlock the new hot character (usually the 2nd time around). In theory they could push hard for the latest and greatest but all it takes is some specific pairing to screw them a lot longer when the long timers get, for example, c3po because they've played long enough to build up the ewok crew.

Plus that shard will have long time guild people who have the guild-specific stuff (hyoda), people who are getting a free 1200 gw bits every day VS having to actually do gw, etc.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

This is really bad advice. Being 6 months behind the f2p crowd on your shard is miserable poo poo. You can hit top 20 f2p pretty easily if you get on the right meta wagons early enough.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Put me down in the "it's better to restart" crowd. Yeah, it sucks bad, but you'll come out better in the end.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I mean, yeah, the game is playable when you're making *checks* 40 crystals a day in the 1500s but it's gonna be miserable

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The PvP just loving sucks and needs a complete overhaul is what I am hearing. Really this game is pure trash with no redeeming qualities to it. The only reason why I play it is that it’s a quick time waster during my work day. It sucks to play for months and then find out that it’s literally impossible to advance unless you played the game in one specific way that is literally the only correct way to play. If you deviate from this at any point you literally have to start all over again or accept hitting a brick wall that you will never ever get through.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 14, 2019

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
This game has plenty of problems but in this case it wasnt farming incorrectly and more taking more time off than youve put in is gonna screw your arena rankings no matter what (well, unless you throw tons of money at it).

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yep, the fact that they lock you into an arena shard when you hit the appropriate levels means that the entire time you've been on hiatus most of your shardmates have been earning and spending crystals every day. Even the ones with lovely arena scores have a 40*180= 7200 crystal edge on you.

There's plenty of successful ways to approach the game (hell one of SM's officers specializes in ewoks), but no good way to take a break.

E: hop in discord & we can discuss your options

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 14, 2019

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

MichiganCubbie posted:

Put me down in the "it's better to restart" crowd. Yeah, it sucks bad, but you'll come out better in the end.

:same:

Don't be like me. I spent :retrogames: on Nightsisters, which got me out of the proletariat, but I''d have rather spent that on strippers tbh

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

The PvP just loving sucks and needs a complete overhaul is what I am hearing. Really this game is pure trash with no redeeming qualities to it. The only reason why I play it is that it’s a quick time waster during my work day. It sucks to play for months and then find out that it’s literally impossible to advance unless you played the game in one specific way that is literally the only correct way to play. If you deviate from this at any point you literally have to start all over again or accept hitting a brick wall that you will never ever get through.

Nah. It's good, actually, but the arena shard system is a bit lovely. it would be much better if it had a means by which to drop players from older shards after months of inactivity, so it reassigned you upon return, but in reality this is a "play it every day forever" game system, and folks who come back every day receive the best rewards.

The only thing that would spark us to tell someone to restart is a long, multi-month absence from the game and being sub-85 with no zetas. That's 1-2 months of play recoverable and all that while, you'll be making free crystal bank.

I myself did a 2 month break from the game a year or two ago and I'm taking #1 on my shard daily. I had a pretty substantial collection up to that point, though, and I never fell out of the top 200, so it wasn't progress I could mentally afford to abandon.

"I'm level 75 and 6 months behind my shard" is basically restartsville.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
PVP in mobile games is always terrible, I never expect to win, just do enough to finish that part of the daily. Right now all my opponents are full zeta'd max gear leveled CLS, Bastila, BH and NS teams that destroy most of my team before I get to do anything. I just auto battle the 2 I need each day and ignore it. Same with ships. Even going in with a 20K advantage in fleet power I get wrecked because enemy attacks are always so much more effective than mine. My Tie Silencer knocked 2 bars of health off, theirs, 6, even though its only 5* while mine is 6.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Taking the plunge and starting over. Surely, goons would never lead me wrong.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

HebrewMagic posted:

get in one of the goon guilds right away, soak up that guild and event currency and use it to focus on gearing up one main unified team

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

HebrewMagic posted:

Also, hop in discord. We have several friendly autists willing to help new players literally ad nauseum.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

HebrewMagic posted:

What’s your ally code? You can borrow my axe Heroes.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
One of the SWGOH streamers is doing a f2p fresh player guide, might be of some use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4K5w65K8Yc

Try to get a 7* character asap so you can start getting raid rewards.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

thrawn527 posted:

What’s your ally code? You can borrow my axe Heroes.

Yeah post your ally code in here/goon discord so you can use allied leaders to help advance

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Code is 126-817-766. Thanks in advance, y'all.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

HebrewMagic posted:

Code is 126-817-766. Thanks in advance, y'all.

Ally invite sent.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

thrawn527 posted:

Ally invite sent.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Ally invite sent.

Enjoy my opaf allies

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HebrewMagic posted:

i recently came back and restarted and have been rolling in the crystals. the old republic farm is stopping me from progressing basically anything else but i am still getting about 275-300 crystals a day from both pvp. with the daily login monthly average and the daily quests and GW i think that's +150? so.

of course spending 500 a day is cutting in to that a little bit :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

HebrewMagic posted:

Big same. My code is 823-253-275 if y'all wanna add me.