Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Coming back after who knows how long. Which of the guilds is recruiting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The man called M posted:

QGJ basically always has space and SM is experiencing turnover atm and pulling top players and rosters from the farm team, so what I am saying is hop on discord and say hi and we’ll get you sorted.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The man called M posted:

QGJ has one spot at the moment. Jump in the discord and we'll get you in.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

I also happen to run a 40-player, 100M+ guild of non-goons so if you're ever wanting to play this game but can't get into the goonie guilds just yet, but still want to get in somewhere where you can start to collect some Traya, Han, and Kenobi shards, lemme know.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

That Awful Nick posted:

I also happen to run a 40-player, 100M+ guild of non-goons so if you're ever wanting to play this game but can't get into the goonie guilds just yet, but still want to get in somewhere where you can start to collect some Traya, Han, and Kenobi shards, lemme know.

Hey!! Come join us in our Discord! Check out how the other side lives :-)

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 25, 2021

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

That Awful Nick posted:

Would you like to run the side-guild, too? :)

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Brass posted:

Would you like to run the side-guild, too? :)

LMAO God no.

Trying to get 40 pubbies to, like, cooperate is a NIGHTMARE.

Goons are probably not a nightmare to organize BUT I bet they crave more exotic shards, higher numbers, better spreadsheets. My blood pressure is perpetually high.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That Awful Nick posted:

LMAO God no.

Trying to get 40 pubbies to, like, cooperate is a NIGHTMARE.

Goons are probably not a nightmare to organize BUT I bet they crave more exotic shards, higher numbers, better spreadsheets. My blood pressure is perpetually high.

We have some ideas. Let's talk about it in Discord

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
QGJ is casual af, it's like herding cats.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Lol I'm finishing first in things. It's awesome BUT ALSO I NEED THOSE AEROMAGNGIFIERS

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

mdemone posted:

Lol I'm finishing first in things. It's awesome BUT ALSO I NEED THOSE AEROMAGNGIFIERS

Its impossible to get the mats to craft the other half sooooo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So when they say gear is going to be easier to get, does that mean that it won't take 3 months to get 50 bits and it will only take 2 months and 3 weeks to do it or actually something better?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I'm never getting Relic 8 stuff here in QGJ, but whatever, I still like it here.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

So when they say gear is going to be easier to get, does that mean that it won't take 3 months to get 50 bits and it will only take 2 months and 3 weeks to do it or actually something better?

We’ll see. They’ve only announced the vaguest sketch of the first “phase” of whatever they’re doing for now. Expect a lot to roll out over the next month.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Not trying to hijack this thread but I wondered if any Goons who play or used to play SWGOH also play Star Trek Fleet Command regularly? I've only been playing a couple months so there's plenty of content ahead of me. It's a fun distraction without being a second job but it'd be more fun to play with Goons.

https://scopely.com/game/star-trek-fleet-command/

I tried getting into SWGOH, again, but it was going to take way to long to make any sort of progress in my pvp shard and the legendary characters were going to take like a year to unlock. So I thought I'd just see if anyone was playing STFC instead.

It's basically a simplified mobile EVE Online but a little less chaotic and a little easier to play than the actual mobile version of EVE Online (imo).

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
star trek in the STAR WARS thread :eyepop: :magical:
:vince: :captainpop: :magemage:

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

tadashi posted:

Not trying to hijack this thread but I wondered if any Goons who play or used to play SWGOH also play Star Trek Fleet Command regularly? I've only been playing a couple months so there's plenty of content ahead of me. It's a fun distraction without being a second job but it'd be more fun to play with Goons.

Sendric from GOH here. Cubbie, Terran, and I tried it at launch and faded fairly quickly. Kirtar and I gave it another shot...maybe two years ago? We ran with a high end guild on server 37 for a while, but it still didn't take. I'm not aware of any other goon groups playing. The paywalling on the game seemed to get steeper than any other mobile game I've seen (Yes. I'm saying that unironically in the GOH thread). The community had some decent people but was pretty toxic overall on our server.

Glad to hear you're having fun though. We're all still on the discord if you want to drop in there we'd be happy to chat about what we remember.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Holy poo poo, Dash loving Rendar

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Heck yeah, will be interesting to see who else they add.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Well if anyone else was thinking "Wake me when they give us Kyle Katarn..."

Cockadoodledoo

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!
Say what you will about the state of the game but I think it's pretty loving cool they're releasing these characters.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This is absolutely fan service.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

This is absolutely fan service.

What else is this game for?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

What else is this game for?

*stares in converting Mace Windu's rework to Shaak Ti (who?) to make more $$$*

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Remember between deleted scenes or scenes rendered non canon by Disney buying Star Wars there's like 4 different scenes of Shaak Ti's death

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HebrewMagic posted:

Remember between deleted scenes or scenes rendered non canon by Disney buying Star Wars there's like 4 different scenes of Shaak Ti's death

not counting the time you kill her in Force Unleashed

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

not counting the time you kill her in Force Unleashed

Or Lego Star Wars

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I am a combined three relic tiers away from finally taking on Sith Eternal Emperor in his fancy bathrobe, almost thought I'd never get there tbh

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

HebrewMagic posted:

I am a combined three relic tiers away from finally taking on Sith Eternal Emperor in his fancy bathrobe, almost thought I'd never get there tbh

Correction, you're a combined three relic tiers away from getting to collect enough Dark Side Currency to start trying to earn Sith Eternal Emperor.

Yes, I'm slightly bitter about trying to earn Jedi Master Luke, why do you ask? I forgot how annoying this was when getting SLKR. I remember now I swore off getting any more GLs. I see that didn't last long. At least this isn't as bad, knowing what I was getting into.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 3, 2021

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I can't see myself playing this game competitively (if you call it that), again.
Is there a way to reset an account and just have it start from scratch?
It's too frustrating to play my old account. The arena teams are a giant wall of unclimbable legendary teams.
It's more fun to do the early progression and just fart around, imo.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

tadashi posted:

I can't see myself playing this game competitively (if you call it that), again.
It's too frustrating to play my old account. The arena teams are a giant wall of unclimbable legendary teams.

Within the next two weeks, Arena as we know it is basically being eliminated from competitive play.

Crystals will come from grand arena with a new matchmaking system which, if you’re willing to lose for a few months, will eventually let you fall to your desired farting-around level while earning more crystals than you did before.

It’s a great change for everyone except people like me who easily got first in arena and hate competitive GAC.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Correction, you're a combined three relic tiers away from getting to collect enough Dark Side Currency to start trying to earn Sith Eternal Emperor.

Yes, I'm slightly bitter about trying to earn Jedi Master Luke, why do you ask? I forgot how annoying this was when getting SLKR. I remember now I swore off getting any more GLs. I see that didn't last long. At least this isn't as bad, knowing what I was getting into.

Oh yeah trust me I know there's another level of grinding to do after this to earn currency to earn the privilege to try but y'know

Fascinating to see how long it took me in a semi concerted effort without spending much cash (I only used Google rewards cash when I was on my Android and now on my iPhone I haven't spent anything)

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

All this to shoot more lightning at other people's teams of gifs

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Darth Talon is around the middle of Star Wars Legacy character I expected. Though I didn't expect anything from that comic series to make it into the game. I do love her final mission requires her and Kylie Katarn be 5*, characters that are both less than a month old.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah that's how they're doing all these dudes and ladies attached to the Starkiller mission, it's for the ultra instinct currency or whatever. Don't worry too hard it's clearly there to convince you to spend a grip of cash

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If they're adding more Legends characters, i really want to see Jaina Solo. Not Jacen, that loving pretentious gently caress. God I hated him the first time I saw him in the books.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Put the sith Ronin dude in from Visions

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

tadashi posted:

Hey! Like was mentioned above, arena is changing dramatically in the very near future. If you're interested in coming back, jump on the discord! We have three guilds again and we will get you into one so you aren't starting from scratch, if you're interested!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I believe the 4th legends character will be Mara Jade: Hand of the Emperor. It was teased about a week ago and we're just waiting for the announcement.

Then we wait for whoever the 5th legends toon is for the starkiller unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

I believe the 4th legends character will be Mara Jade: Hand of the Emperor. It was teased about a week ago and we're just waiting for the announcement.

Then we wait for whoever the 5th legends toon is for the starkiller unlock.

I think it’s just the 4 legends toons for starkiller.