Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
loving A, hot new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Yes and no. The plan was to use the coins, finish the raid quickly, then reform, so we might only lose a few thousand. However, people are not liking this plan so far.

I'm in EST

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Maybe we can set a more or less standard raid start time? Or at least a cutoff where we don't start after a certain time? I'm west coast so I'm not personally impacted, but I can see east coast folks not wanting a raid to start after, say, midnight their time.

I bitched about it in the other thread.

Ya'll started an finished a raid after I fell asleep and before I woke up.

I was super shocked we were getting that good, but also... WTF, BRO!?!!?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Also, raid strategy, I just ran QGJ, Phasma, Poggle, Resistance Pilot, and Barriss, and they landed 250k. This isn't my highest damage squad (that award goes to TM manipulation ewoks -- despite dealing no damage per hit), but it did an impressive amount of damage. If you have GS, he's way better than RP, and while any healer can go in the Barriss spot, she's best, especially because she can "heal" over the immune debuff, which makes it a lot easier to stay above 50%. Anyways, once he gets down to the turn where he's going to eat someone, I use Poggle's Off up, blow up the door, get attacks in, use Phasma's advantage (I know they already have guaranteed crit -- this is more for 50% TM), get more attacks in, and then get whatever attacks in before he eats someone. Then I go until right before he eats the next person -- if the switch is up at this point, I repeat (to my best ability -- down one at this point). If the switch is not quite up, I try to evac my best guys.

I run a similar squad and get a similar result.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

I wish i didnt start playing at launch because my arena shard is hilariously whaley. Like the top 50 spots are all insane.

IMO, they should mix this poo poo up on the reg.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

two_step posted:

swgohgg just added a feature where they can pull your characters from the servers. Instructions at https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4ia0oi/swgohgg_introducing_collection_sync/

For example, here is my page: http://swgoh.gg/u/twostep/collection/

Probably worth adding a column on the spreadsheet for people's link. Also, when you are asking for team building, linking your collection will make it a lot easier for people to give you advice

Edit: Also, it collects up everyone in the guild who created an account there, so you can see the whole guild at http://swgoh.gg/g/145/ima-goondi/

http://swgoh.gg/u/chilichimp/

it just occurred to me that making your profile public is probably bad, since your arena opponents can search for you...

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 7, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I can't get anything to GIX even. It all requires raid gear that I don't have.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

My primary arena team are all gear 9 at this point. This required 3 pre-crafted parts and 2 shipment furnace purchases. In all likelihood my first gear 10 will probably be fives, since his gear nine didn't require a blocking part, and i have one pre-crafted part left.

Yup, I couldn't precraft anything, as I was counting on the patch dropping to make these parts more available... which lead me to farm hard mode shards instead of gear.

Little did I know, that at the same time, they would be making certain gear IMPOSSIBLE to get without raiding. So I'm in GVIII hell.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

The beginner pack with Barriss is the only way you should spend money on this lovely game ever

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

It's better to get Old Ben than Barriss "Never Used Outside GW" Offee imo

True, but GW is like the primary source of credits in this poo poo game, and you aren't finishing it, you're super nerfing your stable.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm having a shitload of success in GW as Barris (L), Lumi, QGJ, Dooku, Daka.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Galactic war Maximum Auto-play gently caress Squad:

Barris (L) QGJ, Lumi, Dooku, Daka.

I'm loving serious, use this squad if they're maxxed, because they will TRASH the opposition. There's so many Jedi in GW (Lumi and QGJ specifically) Dooku is a MUST TAKE. Omega skilled Daka Basic is also just hilariously effective.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Barris (L) QGJ, Lumi, Dooku, Daka.

That works until you run into the ultimate gently caress you squads with gear X RG, Rey, Dooku, Geo Soldier, QGJ, omega mat Fives, omega mat Leia, Rex et cetera et cetera

For those comps. you have to steer targeting a bit and stop auto-play on occasion to heal a toon.

I still blow through it, though

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

Unless Rey is maxed out and goes before Dooku. Also she's not a Jedi so the stun isn't reliable.

Rey sucks on defense without RG, because she always uses the ability to get evasion before using her 3-strike poo poo.

You can reliably kill her before she nukes anyone, as long as there's no RG. Add a Daka in there for a good-measure stun, and you get ANOTHER round of chances to debuff RG and bring her down.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Also, I didn't know this, but you can get yoda to GIX without raid gear... I gotta get that accomplished before they "fix him"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Another Jedi fucker for the GW squad

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
the idea with daka is to rez someone if they die, not necessarily to heal anyone.

Talia is your darkside mission healer.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Disco De Soto posted:

Am I right in thinking that any time they add a new character they will be hard to unlock? Like, do they ever just add a new character to the GW store?

Magmatrooper went straight to GW
Chief Chirpa went straight to Cantina Battles

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ModeSix posted:

Is there a goon guild for this? And how do I get an invite?

from the loving OP posted:

Play with other goons!
There are currently three guilds: Ima GoonDi, Qui GoonJinn, and Goongan Grand Army. IGD and QGJ are full.
To get in a guild, follow this link to add yourself to the spreadsheet, then add an officer from a guild with open spots to your ally list, and then you will be able to see and apply to that guild.
Being in a Guild allows you to earn more shards and gear through daily activities and raids (discussed more below).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for 7* Rey, personally.

I wish I was good enough to EVEN BEAT the Cantina battles that would allow me to start farming RG.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
My guilty toon is definitely my level 76, 7*, G8 Magmatrooper.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Literally... second post in the thread "oh poo poo dude, I sorted your spreadsheet"

Glad someone read my mistakes from a month+ ago and totes didn't learn from it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If someone starts the raid at 3 in the loving morning again, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
QGJ raid start is bullshit right now, I'd prefer a noon EST kick-off than a 3:00am EST...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If you're gonna use a taunt, use STH or RG, not both.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Farming RG loving sucks. You have one easy to farm hard mode node for him for the first 60+ and counting levels, for me. I can't quite 3* the mission at the end of hard 5 dark side for him and I am nowhere near able to farm him in the Cantina

Like the rest of us, you'll have to focus on building up something else while you slowly bring along your RG and Rey.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hixalot posted:

Is Leia only good in Rebel teams? Or when does she start getting good? I've spent the last week or so leveling and hearing her and am just underwhelmed so far, currently sitting lvl 77 (I'm still only 79) with Gear VII and 7*, I'm hoping Gear VIII is the turning point and should hit that tomorrow. For now I'm experimenting with Lumi(L), Rey, QGJ, Leia and 5's for arena, thought about Phasma lead but those heals have been clutch for me at least offensively.

Thar she blows!

Yes, she's incredible on rebel teams, but also just good in general. In fact, rebel teams don't really work without* her.

edit* sorry

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 24, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
meant to say without her* Leia is the beast that makes rebel teams work.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

trapt posted:

Yeah, we bring it under 75% hp in p4 within 3 hours and then it takes 4-6 hours for people to finish it.

Maybe we need to tell our FOUR loving MILLION DAMAGE whales to calm the gently caress down and save some attempts for later that night... or we need to start earlier... or maybe we need to do another T6, because we've got 10+ guys who are all hitting in the millions range.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

I only did 2 of my 5 fights on the last raid and still finished top 3. I think we're ready to try another t6 raid.

wtf are you whales doing to pull that poo poo off? Best I've been able to manage is just short of 300k on a phase 2 with Bariss, QGJ, Phasma, Lumi, and (SOME DPS). It's Luke right now, usually, but I'll switch it to Rey once I get another star on her.

Is it seriously just phase 1 turn manipulation?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

To be fair, the 4m damage was only one attempt and by the time I finished, the raid was already on phase 4.

Jesus finger-lickin' Christ.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

KingOfTheTramps posted:

gently caress yeah!

Doesn't get more succinct than that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile in Star Trek Timelines:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Twigand Berries posted:

I have received an email from EA support stating that if I screenshot every single purchase I've made from iTunes they would put them all on a brand new account....so a poo poo ton of crystals, but I would have to start afresh.

Is this game that fun? I gotta think about it. It would be funny to be brand new with seven months of whale purchases all at once. I basically spent my first three months leveling lovely characters anyway.

gently caress that, send them screenshots of your purchases and ask for refunds, if they can't restore your account. Were you in a guild, so someone can look-up your player ID?

did you ever sync your profile to this?

https://swgoh.gg/g/385/qui-goonjinn/

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 26, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
remove me from the guild, I think I'm done with this crap.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hey, you goony fucks. I've been back for months but i guess its time to rejoin the thread.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

Thanks for this summary, I think paired with STH in arena that option 2 might be a great choice to keep my offense boosted low health characters dishing it out. Because i'm only level 54 and gear VII I may focus on some hodge podge of #1 + what I can get at this point in time with a long term goal to transfer in to #2.

STH + RG is loving great and I cannot recommend it enough.

I round that out with QGJ, Rey, and GS. It's a wallupin. But... I can't break into the top 50 for my shard, so it's not "broken" just "good"

Malgrin posted:

e: Current recommended team comps for Tank raid:
P1: Aayla, Anakin, Mace, QGJ, IGD
P2: HK, 88, 86, JE, Nebit
P3: Chirpa, EP, RG, STH, SF/Poe
P4: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia, AA

I can field 0 of those teams. Like, legit, I don't have 11 of those, and missing at least 2 from every comp... and I've got 36 7 star toons, so it's not like I'm a total slouch here.

7 of them are farmed from Cantina battles, too, so it's not like I'm going to be able to quickly catch up either. Talking 3-4 months of farming just to get the current optimal characters. gently caress this new raid.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 1, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, it's pretty awful. Wedge + Biggs is basically the best thing in the game at this point, so I'd definitely work on that. I would also recommend working on the HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE team, you'll get a lot more mileage out of them.

Also, having the ideal team comp isn't that important when you're running normal. I mostly posted that there so that people could try to start farming towards those toons for a couple months from now when you're all trying heroic again.

Yeah, well, whatever goon guild I'm in is basically a month away from finishing normal, at the pace we're going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

I don't have Chirpa and my Emp is only 5* :smith:

Hell, same