Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I did the 400 refresh on Cantina and the 200 refresh on regular energy. I managed to get 38 RG shards today.

I've actually gotten quite a lot done these past few days thanks to these double rewards events. I hope this becomes more than a once a year type event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Vulpes posted:

Since becoming Vader he's fought about three lightsaber battles in total, so that's not as impressive as it sounds. He's even 1:1 against Luke.

When (if) we do get Jedi Luke I imagine he'll be close to impossible for the average player to attain anyway, like new Han.

One of the things they nail in the new show is that Vader is a slow but powerful badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXoJeLDyVBY
(Vader shows up around the one minute mark)

I would actually highly recommend both shows to anyone interested in seeing lightsaber fights and learning who half the characters in this game are.

Also regarding Vader vs Luke, I believe it was mentioned in the RotJ novelization specifically that Vader had essentially already lost once he started feeling compassion towards Luke and that his wavering faith in the Dark Side weakened him pretty considerably. Which is why the emperor was pushing so hard for him to either turn Luke or kill him.

I don't know if there is a large enough :goonsay: for this post.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Who should I focus on gearing/leveling between 7 star Geo Soldier and 6 star Rey?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've gotten a couple of top 3s and I have not only never gotten a complete piece of gear but I also have yet to get any of the gear that I need other than a few of those binoculars that QGJ needs. I've got like 7 dudes waiting on raid gear and it's not giving me what I need. :saddowns:

E: I haven't even seen a furnace even in the shop. I wonder if that's Heroic only.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'd say that Rey is a high enough priority that she should be bought if needed but I don't think you should skip on gear you need because of her.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I run Phasma (L), Dooku, Daka, Asajj, Poggle on auto.

Poggle is good because he has ability block on his basic.

I run this but with Talia instead of Poggle. She gets you another clutch heal if turn order ends up hosed and she can give you two turns of debuffs with her jump attack. Not that it really matters because I also auto it and the computer is apparently not smart enough to save the heals if people start getting hit.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I hope they revisit how the new gear is distributed. I've top 3d four times now in a raid and watch the store closely and I seem to be getting the same three or four pieces of gear that no one needs other than QGJ's binoculars.

Or maybe the heroic will be easier than it seems and actually drop needed gear.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Jenny Angel posted:

The bottom three slots in the guild shop are all raid-exclusive gear. One of them is necessary for Geo Soldier X, one for QGJ X, and one for Lumi IX, so I'm happy with all those options

The Lumi piece has only shown up for more money than I have. :( At this rate I'm looking at weeks before I get her up to gear 9.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I fought Dooku L, Rey, IG86, Lumi, and Sid on my second GW node today. The idea of autobattling GW just sounds like such an impossible prospect. Especially considering how dumb the AI is when you auto battle.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Tagichatn posted:

The community update is out: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39592/community-update-5-13-2016#latest

New chromium exclusive clone that looks OP and Cad Bane losing chromium exclusivity.

:eyepop:

I would love to build a clone team but my budget for this game is somewhere south of a million dollars so I'll just have to wait like 6 months when he's not as good any more and is put into shipments somewhere.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Speaking of which. I've gone ahead and booted anyone in QGJ who hasn't logged in for over a week. We've got four spots open. If anyone wants to go through and make a case for anyone else that should be booted then feel free but I won't be able to actually go over the roster until later today.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Also expect your turn meter reduction to proc like once every 3 turns. At least that's how it seems to go for me.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

IMO Dooku and Ben are interchangeable right now in terms of value. I prefer offence up and stuns, but Ben's special ability is pretty crazy, and TM gain on dodge is roughly as valuable. I think it just comes down to personal preference. Mine is Dooku.

Dooku Dodge is even less necessary if you have a unit that can throw up Offense Up regularly as well. I don't have Ben yet so I can't speak to his effectiveness but Dooku has not felt as great in Arena after I started rolling with QGJ and Yoda to possibly extend your Offense Up duration.

Though if you have Yoda then with a Dooku leader he should pretty much have Offense Up at all times and that fucker is fast as hell and hits reasonably hard.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I haven't really done a whole lot with PVP since the patch hit but I'm a couple days away from 80 and wondering what kind of team I should put together. I'd appreciate some assistance with forming it up.

Characters I have that I definitely should use: Rey, RG (only 6 stars unfortunately), GS

Characters that I feel I should probably use: Yoda, QGJ, IG86

Other possibilities: ST Han (only 5 stars at the moment), Daka, Phasma, Dooku, Lumi, FOTP (6 stars)

I'm kinda thinking of just going for Team Bonus Attack with QGJ, Rey, RG, GS, and IG86.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

My advice is probably to just stick with Dooku, QGJ, Rey, RG, and then either Daka or GS. Daka has a pretty huge jump from 6* to 7* because of how much life she gains. Also, she gets way better with her basic omega upgrade.

Since I can conceivably do that today, I think I'll try that team out and see how it feels.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Qui GoonJinn goons:

We've cleared the pigs on the T6 Raid. Feel free to get some smacks in on the Rancor if you want to see how you stack up against T6.

I'm thinking we should spend at least one full refresh on phase 2 before we abandon the raid but I'm open to other suggestions.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'd say it's mostly easy but it's still tedious as all gently caress.

My favorite thing is how every day for weeks now my first node has had Vader and he is completely unstunnable for some reason so even though he's always like level 60 I still lose all my drat protection immediately.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

rabidsquid posted:

Do you seriously not have a B team that can deal with this

Not one that can actually land a stun or resist a dot.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I think that once more people start hitting 80 that T6 will become the norm and will become easy enough. The only problem is, once you hit 80 then you really start to feel the grind and the game becomes just a lot less fun in general.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Please do not tempt me to play STTL again.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Tagichatn posted:

My Rey is always out and flying free.

Yeah. G9 7* Rey goes in anything you can put her in. But then Daka, Phasma, and Lumi are solid as hell anyway.

Whatever this event ends up being I'll be more prepared for it than I was for anything else at its start.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

MichiganCubbie posted:

^^I'm level 57 right now, so I'd be the lowest, but if you'll have me I'm in^^

There are a lot of people without a guild. Should we maybe start a fourth one?

If people are looking for a guild we have like 3 or 4 slots open and 2 or 3 inactive people to boot here at QGJ. I just figured everyone was already in guilds by now.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I went ahead and kicked out anyone who hasn't logged in in two weeks. QGJ has five open slots now

If Mimetek is here, please let me know if you are opposed to being booted out. You haven't logged in in 9 days so you're going to get the boot unless you are just on break or whatever.

Potential QGJ applicants: If you decide to send me a friend request in the interest of joining the guild, please post here. I get a lot of friend requests daily and unless it's a name I recognize or a high level Phasma or Bariss then I'm turning down the request.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
They sell Elder shards in the guild shop but I don't think I would recommend prioritizing him over gearing up your dudes.

Keep in mind that Ewok Scout's second Hard Shard is in the very last DS Hard mission right now and Elder's second spot is the mission before that. Even getting to the point where you can farm them is tricky.

On a related note, has anyone actually managed to 3 star the final LS Hard mission? The boss is a cracked out level 80 Dooku that hits for minimum 7k damage with his basic. I came close to doing it the one time I attempted it using Yoda and Rey primarily but all he needs to do is connect with a bonus attack to drop one of your other dudes.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I did the mission once, did not 3 star. Repeating it was like

Yeah this was my experience with it as well. There's no reason to even go for the three star on it unless you're a weirdo completionist.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

kaschei posted:

I have actually seen NSI in top 100 teams in my shard. She's really tanky, deals good damage, good lifesteal, too slow to really matter. Probably good in gw but you're obviously not having any trouble there.

I've seen her too and it always kind of baffles me. You can build a whole team out of GW shard characters that are better than NSI.

I'm gonna second the shard shop recommendation. Might as well turn your GW bux into something you can spend on people you might actually use.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
If they could release a raid that isn't massively loving annoying to actually run then that would be cool.

I'm just hoping for ship battles next, really. If we get another level increase before we get ship battles then I'll probably just stop playing.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Disco De Soto posted:

Looks like they're adding Dengar to the Battlefront game, and A couple of days ago I saw a new Lego set with him. Why? Is he the star of the next movie or something?

Dengar, Bosk, and IG88 have all been fan favorite Boba Fett alternatives for a long time, even though they are in like two scenes with zero lines.

The Rogue One movie that's coming out is technically like perfect for the character to be in (it takes place during the time he was doing poo poo and I guess there's a bounty hunter aspect to the movie) but he seems like a weird person to bring back since he's the only "human" one and the others can just be CGId to look like they did in the original trilogy.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Also I hope you like spending 6 months farming Ewok Scout if you plan on using him.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
FWIW we have maybe 3 to 5 people in QGJ who could field an actual capable T7 team and who knows about Goongan Army. Personally I think it's better to spread the wealth for high level dudes so that we can bring up more low level goons faster.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

cowofwar posted:

I'm all in on dooku/daka/rey/qgj/rg.

Same here. The only thing that gives a challenge any more is the mirror match which basically just comes down to how smart the AI decides to be and how lucky we both get on Dooku Dodges.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

two_step posted:

I also am running dooku/daka/rey/qgj/rg, but I have noticed I am dropping a whole lot more in the last week or so overnight. I suspect it is all the Old Ben/STH guys, so I probably need to switch. I wanted to get Lando up to 5 or even 6 stars before I went back to Old Ben, but oh well...

Yeah I used to barely drop out of the top 20 but lately I've been getting knocked way back to around 60 or so. Old Ben is cool but Dooku's free stun against him/QGJ still edges him out IMO. I'm definitely seeing him on a lot more teams though.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've had pretty good luck against that team by going Chain Lightning on OB then burning down Han and making sure to trigger RG's taunt if I don't stun OB or burn Han fast enough. Also I use Rey's specials to kill people before they hit half health, which is easy once you are fighting the same couple of dudes every day and learn when to use them.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I also usually lead Rey with her 2-hit ability for the foresight, then triple hit. I used to lead with triple hit when you could really 1-shot people, but now I feel so much safer giving her foresight so that she gets her 2-hit and triple+ hits off.

This is how I've been doing it too. Typically against the enemy Rey but against Han or possibly Daka if they are there.

E: The Foresight will also pretty much guarantee an Offense Up for the third attack too if you run Dooku, which is nice for making sure you actually kill the person you're trying to weave around RG.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I have a hard enough time getting my single raid reward to show up.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So are they just not going to fix GW or what?

I'm sick of wading through cash money whale teams just so I can get some drat credits.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Slightly Toasted posted:

So apparently cantina battles are double rewards today? Thanks for waiting until 8pm EA!

Gonna be p pissed if this doesn't run through tomorrow

I'm already pissed that they just slid that poo poo out without letting us know before I spent crystals on a refresh this morning.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

kaschei posted:

Can't you guys just be happy for a nice thing?

Kinda hard to appreciate the nice thing without any energy for it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Does anyone have that post from one of the devs months ago about how they want to actually let us know when they change things because :lol: they are loving terrible at doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again. Clone Wars and Rebels are both good shows if you're into Star Wars. The story is solid, the voice acting is great, the action sequences are amazing and the themes are surprisingly mature for a couple of shows for children.

I wish they weren't so slow to roll out new characters in this game because there are tons of characters from those shows that I would like to see in this.