Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm glad I contributed to the new thread title.

Also Barriss at 7* doesn't seem that much better but she has the second highest attack on my squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vulpes posted:

I just unlocked Vader, but I'm extremely tight on training droids. Is he worth using? My current A-squad is Sid, GS, Lumi, RG, QGJ.

IMHO not really. There are a lot better dudes to spend your credits and droids on. He should be a long term goal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vulpes posted:

Cheers, I'll just let him sit there till he's big and strong, or it starts raining training droids . Thanks to all the double GW I have like 7 million credits and I can't spend them.

lol I don't ever think thats gonna happen. I'm almost always out of the drat things.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

So for the past two days my cantina refresh has cost 100 crystals and i swear they used to be 50. Is this a nerf or a bug?

No its 100 for the first then 200 then 400.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bug or a "feature"? Who knows!

quote:

So I entered a new GW battle (node 4), after beating a node and noticed that along with my current health and protection the game saved my heroes' turn meters from the end of the last battle. (Much like how it does so in Challenges, Cantinas, and missions). My entire team got to go before the other teams heroes,.. except for Dooku. [Insert expletive here] Dooku!
Plus side: This gave me a chance to get more hits in before the other team started attacking (including a chance to stun Dooku before he used his special, or to kill QGJ before he called a super assist, etc).
Down side: It totally messes with planned out initial attack orders based on speed of my characters. Doesn't outweigh the plus side on the team I run, but I wonder if it's more noticeable and frustrating for other teams.
Overall, I think it's a great change!

You have to update the game to see this.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If you are on iOS you can ask for a refund with the IAP. I had it happen once and I was able to get the IAP refunded.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Halverine posted:

Thanks man, I'll give that a go.

I think that when you get the emailed receipt from Apple it has a link to get a refund in it. I'm not 100% sure on that but I'm pretty sure that's how I did it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I saw this yesterday and it is 100% the truth.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Disco De Soto posted:

This guy knows what's up. Just put it on auto and check back in 2 minutes. Let the game jerk itself off.

Also because it really doesn't matter if you fail you can just auto it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

So I had something unusual happen tonight. In the second to last GW fight I got a character shard. Is this new? Did I just get tremendously lucky (it was a snowtrooper shard so lmao on that if so)? Have I just been really unlucky to have never gotten one before the final battle in GW before?

It happens every so often. Maybe once or twice a week for me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

The Galactic war Maximum Auto-play gently caress Squad:

Barris (L) QGJ, Lumi, Dooku, Daka.

I'm loving serious, use this squad if they're maxxed, because they will TRASH the opposition. There's so many Jedi in GW (Lumi and QGJ specifically) Dooku is a MUST TAKE. Omega skilled Daka Basic is also just hilariously effective.

I am gonna try that one next. I have really good luck with Barris, QGJ, Lumi, Eath, 6* Kit though. Some nodes are a bitch but I can pretty much auto the whole thing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Rey sucks on defense without RG, because she always uses the ability to get evasion before using her 3-strike poo poo.

You can reliably kill her before she nukes anyone, as long as there's no RG. Add a Daka in there for a good-measure stun, and you get ANOTHER round of chances to debuff RG and bring her down.

Yeah this is true. I can almost always kill her before she gets a chance to go if RG isn't there.

Also poo poo I gotta work on yoga I guess. I've been putting it off but if I can gear that fucker up with out using raid gear then I'm all over that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I actually managed to break the top 20 on the Arena with my Dookie(lead), RG, QGJ, Lumi, Daka.

I'm slowly working on getting Rey up to spec she's gear level 8 6* and level 66. She's my next target for level 78 but drat being credit broke sucks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Working on teebo and tusken raider right now so I guess Cad Bane can be my third GW token toon. I already have him at 4* from a pack or something.

Yeah same here. I'm going to slowly work on him as well for raids.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol they stealth nerfed 5s. These guys...

I clearly don't understand game development.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Davethulhu posted:

It's the return of the omega material event. I'm not sure at this point which units will be needed.

If I had to put money on it I'd say the units we will need for this event are ones that no one uses or puts credits into. Maybe 2 battles using regular dudes but at least 1 will have people scrambling to get units up to spec.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

X_ThePerfect posted:

So I apparently started this around the time that force awakens came out and have now come back - I've added myself to the goon spreadsheet and sent some ally requests for joining the guild.

Is Poe still worth gearing up? I remember him being the source of a lot of complaints so I've been assuming that he was nerfed into the ground.

Yes was. Start working on QGJ he's great.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If it's like the last event which I hope it is then 1 well geared high star character should carry the other 2 through the event.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

As I get closer to 80 (79 now) the galactic chore gets worse and worse. They really need to re-tune this poo poo.

In Arena news I'm not really sure about replacing QGJ with Rey even though Rey kills him in DPS. I feel like his buff removal comes in really handy. I've been able to hold in the 20-30 rank for the past week with my Dookie, Daka, Lumi, QGJ, RG team. I know that when I go up against teams with Rey I'm almost always able to take her out of the game before she gets a turn.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Malgrin posted:

They said they tuned the event to be much harder, probably to the tune of 3 level 78s. However, the requirements are 3*, so it might be 3 level 78 5*s, so 1 7* 80 could maybe carry it? I don't know.

Yeah, they either need to make it less of a chore (e.g. remove protection), or up the rewards based on level. It's dumb that we get the exact same rewards as someone at level 40.

I would run both QGJ and Rey. My arena team is Dooku (L), QGJ, Rey, RG, Daka.

Yeah that might work. I don't think that Lumi even gets her heal off before the end of the battle. Her Skill block comes in handy on occasion. Well time to level Rey up some more I guess.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man loving Luke is the highest dude I have and he's only level 71 I don't have a poo poo load of credits to burn trying to level some dude just for one Omega mat.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

If he's high star level and geared up, he might be able to carry the team.

He's 7* gear level 7. I'm not quite sure he's there yet. I'm going to try it a few more times to see.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stalkerr posted:

Ugh, I've finally hit GW where the last 2 nodes are insta-kills for my team. All it takes is Rey to have a turn, and she one-shots even my full-health folks. I had to burn through 14 characters to kill her.

And I'm only level 62. Well, getting that last node was nice while it lasted.

To top it off the lovely thing about GW is that you HAVE to do it every day or you won't be able to do poo poo because you aren't getting credits from anything else except maybe what 600k a week from the bounty missions? GW is the lone source of credits for the game and it's a lovely daily slog it's even worse when you do them back to back for the guild rewards.

gently caress the Galactic Chore they need to revamp that poo poo. I like the game and I've dumped a decent amount of cash into it but I really do not enjoy doing the GW.

This message brought to you by someone who just did two GW's back to back.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh yeah I wasn't saying it's not "easy" it's just tedious. It's not even remotely fun or interesting. I hand out around rank 20 in the arena and it doesn't matter if I'm rank 20 or 200 the difficulty is the exact same.

gently caress GW.... But I need the sweet sweet credits Rey is gonna be 7* tomorrow and RG right after that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah my number is lower then that but I still don't feel great about it ( I figure its in the 250 range).

How did you end up getting apple to refund you? I had no idea that was even possible.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Twigand Berries posted:

I've seen people have success with Apple in the past. The guy was super friendly and had some understanding of how being locked out of your account in a game like this isn't quite the same as say losing your Angry Birds advancement. They stated it was a one time thing they were doing for me, and I believe the key was my statement that if the game relies completely on Game Center to preserve your account, it needs to be extremely apparent the second you start the game. He seemed actually quite surprised they were unable to recover it for me, especially since I was regularly spending $$ on it.

That is actually pretty awesome of them. I honestly figured they would have told you to go pound sand then again Apple does have pretty awesome CS.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So who are people farming from the Cantina? I've finished up anyone that I was really interested in and so that leaves me to farm one of these dudes,

Lando
Old Ben
Anikin
Ploo
Finn
Kylo
Chirpa

I honestly wouldn't be using any of them anytime soon as I have a boat load of other characters to farm up but I want to start getting the shards for another dude. Started working on Old Ben but drat I already have like 7 level 80 Jedis and I'm not sure he'd be put to good use. Maybe Kylo? I dunno who are you all working on now?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Only one that I actively use in that list is old ben for GW.

Yeah I guess I'll do Ben. I'm sure I can plug him in some place.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kaschei posted:

What are the odds they forget to put Phasma into the all-female event?

Nearly 100%

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What are people spending their Cantina currency on now? I have every maxed that is worth a drat from there and I've got about 5k worth of the coins banked up at this point. I mean I guess I could max Poe but that might just spending to spend.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Game wants me to level dudes for a lovely event with lovely rewards that might only run once every three months.

Nope. These dudes suck outside of this event.

I'm sure sometime next year I'll have these dudes leveled but not anytime soon that's for sure.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Malgrin posted:

In other words, get your Rey out.

Rey, Berris, Lumi, Ashoka, phasma Reporting in.

I've pretty much leveled all the female characters.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hughlander posted:

I've been out most the past week and a half moving. Will the empire/rebel event repeat like Yoda? I assume so since there is an achievement but was there a post saying so?

I mean they aren't exactly churning out the content so I imagine it will be back eventually.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm glad that we have a break from level cap increases so thatI can stockpile some credits up. Hopefully this lasts for a bit so I can start building up more squads.

Also I have to say I really like my Dookie, RG, Rey, QGJ, Daka arena squad. I'm pretty much able to auto mode and stay in the top 20 on my shard.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Dunno how you can stockpile credits when 7* promotions cost a million. I'm almost through my backlog and haven't been able to level anyone for a while.

I've only been promoting people who I plan on trying to level. It makes it easier to slow through the credit burn.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Malgrin posted:

Alternatively I can just spend the next year putting GW tokens into GG (who I don't think is all that good anyways).

That is what I am doing. Everyone else looks kinda garbage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Malgrin posted:

Initiate is a serious tank, and has some decent qualities. Additionally, I think we can expect Mother Talzin at some point (pretty major role in the clone wars animated series), so Nightsisters might be pretty good at some point (Talzin, Talia, Asajj, Initiate, Daka).

Raider has an assist, and some TM stuff. Shaman will eventually go F2P, and they could release Tusken Brute at some point, which would make for a decent Ewok-like Dark side team. I'm not going to put hard energy into what's-his-name just yet, but maybe when Shaman goes F2P I will.

At the point there are just two left, shouldn't I finish them to be a completionist?

Well yeah when you put it like that I'm sure it would be good to get them. The only thing I see is all the lovely gear drops its going to take to gear some of those dudes up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jibo posted:

I have a hard enough time getting my single raid reward to show up.

Notemptyquoting.txt

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Nope, QGJ goes to 11.

Yup! I just got mine there. He and Rey are my two maxed characters omegas and all. Feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I managed to save up 6 million credits. I ended up blowing 4 of them on Leveling Mace up to 80 and getting my Scoundrel squad to 60.

Did anyone end up doing the level 70 Scoundrel event and if so how hard was it and how many credits did you get? I could see it being worth it to level up my dudes if the credit payout is good enough.