Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

So a Bariss led team with Lumi, QGJ, Dakka, and RG is doing really well for me. I was playing with it in GW and it just refused to ever get below 50% health. I'm trying it in arena and so far same thing.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Let's petition EA to make my favorite Star Wars character and change the raid to just fighting the door.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I have an arena team question.

Currently I have a 7* Bariss as lead and I know I need to swap her out. I want to put Dooku there, but I'm late to that party and I've got him only at 3*. He's my next Cantina farm, but it's gonna be awhile to get him up. With Bariss as my lead, I can fight my way into the teens as my place ranking, but I invariably wake up to being booted back to the 50s or so. So basically, with Bariss, I've lost maybe one battle in the last two weeks (and several draws because Bariss has no damage).

The rest of my line up is 7* Dakka, 7* QGJ, 7* (and highest gear) Lumi, and a 6* Royal Guard. I am 15 shards away from 7* RG which is my current cantina project. Once RG is maxed do I go balls out on Dooku (which will take awhile) or quick bring a 5*, but well geared and ability Obi up to 7* as a placeholder lead until Dooku is done?

So basically, delay Dooku by maxing out Old Ben as a placeholder or focus Dooku immediately and just keep running Bariss on an arena roller coaster? Or focus Dooku and just use the 5* Old Ben as my lead right now because why the gently caress am I using Bariss in arena?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Possibly useful information here:

Lately we have been starting our raid on evenings that I work (I bartend), so I am unable to play the first round of the raid before it resets, resulting in lower damage for me. Tonight it got pretty slow around 40 minutes before reset, so I said gently caress it and started running the raid fast and sloppy just to get on the board. At one point I had some new customers come in so I handed my phone to one of our servers and told her to just hit whatever buttons come up until it says you're dead. (She actually enjoyed wacking on the "Star Wars monster.")

The point is, I began a phase of the raid at about two minutes before reset, thinking it may be set up like GW, and allow me to finish the round and then be back up to five battles even though I played through the daily reset.

This is what happened: I have only four rounds available to me for today, but all the characters who were killed in that last round are still available for me to use today. Weird.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

kaschei posted:

Got just enough furnace parts to finish my first furnace from the raid earlier today, took Lando to Gear 9. First arena afterwards was Lando(L), Greedo, HR Scout, Daka, Royal Guard vs. Dooku(L), IG-86, Lumi, QGJ, ST Han.

At first, nothing goes right for me: dooku stuns HRS and Daka, RG fails to stun Han, Greedo bomb gives 3 enemies Offense Up, by the time Lando's first turn starts HRS is at <50%. Well Lando gets crits on IG and QGJ, but then Han taunts and QGJ knocks RG's taunt off and O.Up Dooku finishes HRS off. No daka passive revive, no daka active revive. Luckily AI targets RG, but Lumi heals and it's 3v5, but Lando lands a teamwide crit. No one dies until Lando's next turn when he does it again and it's 3v3, ST Han finally dies to Greedo and I can easily mop up Lumi and Dooku.

If you don't get a snowball rolling he's nothing to write home about but it's sort of a coinflip where you either win or have to actually fight it out. Sort of like Daka!

Lando's strength is lovemaking.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I think I'll probably win this one:

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

On day 3 of phase 1 of QGJ's first attempt of the Tier VI raid, I had a thought I would like to throw out to you all.

Would it not be to the benefit of all of us to reorganize the three goon guilds and shift some people around. Hear me out. You could have one guild with the whales/early adopters/daily players, one of up and coming players/people who are sane enough to not log in every day, and the third for newbies/ultra casuals.

Each guild would be able to run the raid at the appropriate level for them (Tier I-IV exist for a reason), as well as suddenly being able to place in the top spots. Not to mention getting raid experience as people level up (instead of throwing three under leveled characters at a high level raid just to get on the board.)

As an admitted whale, this is actually possibly detrimental to me as the competition for the top spots would be considerably tougher for me, but I think the reorganization (and the tremendous effort a select few would have to do to achieve it) would be for the betterment of all of us goons in the long term.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

We're just wacking at it until we have the money for another Tier V.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Overall, per guild makeovers, just a thought while smoking a bowl and being astonished GW just gave me three HK/IG 86 & 88/Poggle/QGJ teams in a row. I'm still having fun with QGJ.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Arcturas posted:

New player question here: when do I get the ability to change my name? I missed my chance early on for some reason, and don't really want to be known as Mol Eliza forevermore. I am player level 23, so I barely unlocked guilds and allies (and sent an invite request to Qui GoonJinn, which I imagine will be denied until my name is something different). There's no little pencil next to my name on my player screen, though I hear that's where it is supposed to be?

I just accepted a level 23 named Mol Eliza hope that's you

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Lol, they just considered my new name choice as "innapropriate."

Captain Kirk

e: Cap'n Kirk works!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

So my iphone took a swim today and I have replaced it. Having never logged into game center (because it's obnoxious and annoying) it turns out my account is gone for good. I'm going to fire off one last email pleading for help, but most likely I'm out. QGJ, if I haven't logged in for awhile, please feel free to remove me.

E: Yup. It's gone. They offered me 10000 crystals for a new account. I've been playing for seven or eight months. I'm a whale. 10000 crystals is nothing. Feel free to boot Cap'n Kirk. It's been fun.

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 26, 2016

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Hughlander posted:

Ouch. No iTunes backup or local backup for 8 months? Did you link Facebook? Can they find by that?

I did link Facebook, but they seemed to ignore that. I was talking to India so getting information was hard. I think I'm hosed.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

oops wrong forum posted:

If you're a whale and they KNOW this, I can't believe they can't take care you and rebuild your roster, crystals do jack poo poo when you have to rebuild from scratch. That stinks. I would post something on the official forums and get someone from CG/EA to take care of you, forget the outsourced Indian guys

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/42880/giving-it-one-last-shot-here#latest

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I have received an email from EA support stating that if I screenshot every single purchase I've made from iTunes they would put them all on a brand new account....so a poo poo ton of crystals, but I would have to start afresh.

Is this game that fun? I gotta think about it. It would be funny to be brand new with seven months of whale purchases all at once. I basically spent my first three months leveling lovely characters anyway.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress that, send them screenshots of your purchases and ask for refunds, if they can't restore your account. Were you in a guild, so someone can look-up your player ID?

did you ever sync your profile to this?

https://swgoh.gg/g/385/qui-goonjinn/

Well, my saga has concluded. Apple just refunded me every last cent I spent on this game. Which, looking at this dollar amount, means I need to reevaluate my life choices.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Malgrin posted:

Well, don't leave us hanging....

This is over six months mind you: $597

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I like Star Wars mans. And they literally design these games to "exploit" people with my personality.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Maybe I'll buy $600 worth of Star Wars action figures and recreate the game with stop motion photography. Or maybe I'll take a vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah my number is lower then that but I still don't feel great about it ( I figure its in the 250 range).

How did you end up getting apple to refund you? I had no idea that was even possible.

I've seen people have success with Apple in the past. The guy was super friendly and had some understanding of how being locked out of your account in a game like this isn't quite the same as say losing your Angry Birds advancement. They stated it was a one time thing they were doing for me, and I believe the key was my statement that if the game relies completely on Game Center to preserve your account, it needs to be extremely apparent the second you start the game. He seemed actually quite surprised they were unable to recover it for me, especially since I was regularly spending $$ on it.