Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Having more experience in the game a few weeks in I wish I had bought the Bariss pack and not missed it due to freeplaymideset :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Critique my Arena team!

Currently I'm level 62 running Phasma (L), Luminara, Daka, Geo Soldier, and Sidius

Sod for heal immunity on the target I want to focus on, some healers, Phasma for the statuses and occasional assist. I win most every game by miles, but I'm still hovering in the 100s on my shard because I don't refresh arena fights. The only other team that has worked as well was that with Rey in place of Sid, but I get really frustrated every time I missed my target by just a little an watched them get healed to full.

Thoughts and changes?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I'm under the impression that Lumi is still a good attacker, no? With the ability block does she keep up?

I'm still working on Rey, as well as QGJ and ST Han so I can get through more LS missions. RG is also on my radar once I unlock more farmable locations for him.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I am in need of some higher level allies to help me through LS/DS/Can missions. Friend code for any lvl 80s with a free spot on their friends list and in their heart:

293-646-545

*Nevermind, I see the OP was edited... And, if someone could point me to an in depth guide for fighting the Rancor f2p. I'd like to pull more weight in the guild, and I've heard some basic advice, but not instructions on ability order and such.

WerrWaaa fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 26, 2016

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Let me chat with you all about my plans to expand my roster into the future, and solicit some feedback from everyone. My SWGoH profile is at: https://swgoh.gg/u/werrwaaa/collection/

Arena Shipments: I have Sid at 6* and STHan at 7*, currently farming Leia. This is the toughest decision because there are so many characters in here that I want. I think I will aim for the two droids because I want a droid team. But I also like Sith and Scoundrels, so AV, SO, and Greedo are tempting. AA is, too, because he is good.

Cantina Shipments: I have Daka and QGJ at 5*, currently farming QGJ then back to Daka. After that I don't know. Fet, Poe, and Tano are all tempting for various reasons. Mostly coolness more than effectiveness.

GW Shipments: Phasma, Tebo, and Lumi are all 7*. Working of 86. After that Poggles. Hence my emphasis on droids in Arena shipments. Last will be Cad then NSI probably, them funneling into future Vader/Grevious purchases.

Cantina nodes: Right now Barriss. After that Ben. GS is already 7*. By then I hope to have the RG node unlocked, or I'll farm Chirpa.

Guild Shipments: Rey first (she is close), then Engeneer, then Ewok Healer, then maybe IGD for the Jediness.

My current arena team is: Phasma (L), Rey, RG, GS, and Lumi. My goal is to auto everything because I'm lazy and only care if I can hover around rank 50 which I can with little issue. I can't get better than that, though, even with effort; so if you have suggestions please let me know. This is my GW team, too, which autos all the way through most of the time.

Let me know where I've gone sideways and need to correct course! Help me Something Awful, you're my only hope!

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Creeping slowly through the low 70's means that Omega abilities are visible on the horizon. What order should I be spending Omega mats? Which abilities get the biggest bang for my buck? It's relevant now because I have to decide whose "+5% Damage" gets my juicy purps.

Was bored with my standard arena team, running all great characters over and over. Changed things up for fun. Lost every match in every combination. This game's balance can go straight to hell.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

And also if you haven't been playing since launch good luck reaching top tiers

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I was looking forward to catching up n max level in the next month and getting some really great characters starred up and ready to really make a run for competitive play. Mods gently caress that, I guess. Now I'm torn between mods and star farming good cantina characters, and I won't be able to take the heat in GW or Arena, completely haunting any progress there. I bought a dooku pack and I want my $5 back.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I sent you both Exvius friend requests as Rosario. I'm brand spanking new.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I support combining Guilds, and will stay in QGJ as I creep toward 80 and start to TryHard in raids and stuff. Mods really pissed me off and I'm not quiiite over it, but I still think it's a fun game.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Alright. I'm frustrated. What's the absolute best Arena team? I've gotta break into a higher bracket for crystals and shipments.

Right now I'm running Phasma (L), Rey, GS, QGJ, RG... I think I just need better gear. Maybe farming Ben soon and swapping in STHan with him. Sick and tired of losing!!!

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Also the rng uses the slot for determining who does an assist, so you can move people around to get the best people getting free attacks.

This is all far, far too much work while pooping.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Last night I hit Level 80. Baller. Who do I omega first? QGJ basic seems like the best bet, for Arena and Raid and whateverthefuckelse.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Farming question: I'm working up Old Ben. Would it be better for me to farm the 8 energy node or the 12 energy node? The 8 node should give me more shards / energy, but the 12 node will give me more credit (regular and cantina) / energy. Which is more important?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

So farm Luke and invest in tenacity mods?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I will never be able to compete in these events why do I try Jesus Ewok Christ

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

B2 is in Cantina nodes now, yes?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I also want more character advice! Time for my next cantina shipment toon: What's more important, Scout for Rebel events or Poe for Speed Mods? Biggs for Rebel events or Pilot for Speed Mods? You can clearly see the two things that I want the most here. What other mods should I be farming toward, and who are my best bet to farm? Should I be angling for stage three clear or is the fist stage with three characters enough?

Edit: keep in mind all of my resources now are going into scoundrels because none of those teams will matter if I can't beat the heists to level them.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

The urn for the update: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69338/game-update-9-28-2016#latest

That table broke my mobile viewing btw.

Best defense squads?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I will gladly take his money and I will intentionally lose a bunch of games to him.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Complete all daily activities gives omega and experience after the switch to 85?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Is it worth it to still grind up Luke to lead in Arena versus Palpatine?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Im not saying build around him, but grinding him up to face off against Palp teams might not be terrible? I just hate Palp a lot and they are always faster than me because f2p.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

So it may be a possible that I can throw together a trash Arena team for one battle, refresh GW, then have the easiest GW day ever? I'd gladly scrap one Arena battle for that.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Does this raid change my next Arena shipment toon? Is Eeth Koth head bitch now that droid raid is around? Other options are Tarkin or Nebit. Or Ugnaught.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

QGJ needs players please sign up I want Han Solo.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

texting my ex posted:

hey could I have an invite to a guild? Goongan Grand Army hasn't had a raid in a week so I had to leave

id 596-941-383

Sent from QGJ

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Okay goon fleets... I want to up my competitive game to help with these drat raids. Here is my Cantine profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/werrwaaa/

What toons should I be farming for Tank Takedown? For Rancor? For Arena?

Honestly, I think today I realized my major problem. I use all my guild credits to buy character shards. I need to stop that poo poo and save it all for raid gear. I have so so many toons who need furnaces. It's crazy. So I'm done farming toons in guild shipments. Gear it is. This makes me sad, though, because I like Star Wars characters and want more of those.

Right now I was aiming for IGD in Guild Shipments, but I will stop on him for now and wait until I finish JKA Cantina farming. This is, as we all know, the major bottle neck for characters. Who do I get in what order? Right now my thoughts are JKA, IGD, Jawa, then I don't know. Snowtrooper? Ben? SRP? B2?

From Cantina shipments I'm working on Poe for mod challenges, and after him I will likely work on Stormtrooper for Potency mods. I'm working on Mag Trooper for those Pot mods, too. After that will be Resistence Pilot from GW for mods.

Im Arena shipments I'm working on Nebit for the Jawa team. After that probably Tarkin for ships.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Duly noted: scrapping Trooper plan, buying IGD from guild shipments, after JKA I said done I will mod farm for a bit before jumping back into Jedi farming. Will focus on my Rebel team's gear and mods for Arena.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Well GGA, there you go, plenty of room in QGJ now I should think. Wanna merge?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

All this new grinding might get me to stop playing. Neat enough concept, but all these extra activities just to keep my head head above water seems like too much.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

For some reason I dont remember ever getting this free wedge on my ios game

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

QGJ give me all your Droid Callers so I can gear AA before Palp event. I'm planning on running Biggs, Wedge, AA, STHan, Lando. All gear 9-10. Who leads? That's going to be me 7* Palp, yes?

Also, I'm about to finish JKA from Cantina farming. Next I think TFP because I'll be getting Palp soon. Is that a better decision than Ayala?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Is there an iOS emulator for my PC so I can play on my computer? I want to log in to my normal game, not start a new one.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Things I noticed: now five characters in the Guild Store. Rex and Shaman were among them.

QGJ: Do we restart Tank raid or kill this one?

WerrWaaa fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 16, 2016

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

After watching Rogue One I am significantly more salty about not getting a free K2SO. Like, real pissed.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Wait, what? How the hell were you able to get a free K2? Also, same reason as you.

Android users got access to an event that gives them a 7* K2SO after its complete. Sunsabitches.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Who is my thematic Empire Sith squad and how do I mod them?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Happy New Year

Server reset got me the last shard to 7* Ewok Scout.

I've put more time into this than anything else in this game. Now I need to finish B2 so I can get Chirpa and get that Ewok team off the ground.

Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

General Probe posted:

Also, it was mentioned in chat but we are back to blitzing T6 Rancor raid and think we need to test out a T7 again.

Yes please.