Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

LIKE TEN DICKS posted:

any guilds open?

What's your code? I'll invite you to QGJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Is it better to get five Vader shards or four random ship shards from fleet shipments? I'm leaning vader shards simply because of the scarcity of them.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Jibo posted:

Speaking of which, this is directed at the actual goons of QGJ: I would like it to be known that I think we should attempt another T7 Rancor soon to see how do. I feel like we should be able to beat it but we're really just kind of spinning tires by doing the T6 over and over.

If anyone has opinions on how/when this should be done please feel free to post here or mention something in the chat maybe (I probably won't see it).

I agree on T7. We lost a lot of our heavy hitters to IGD, but I'd like a shot, since I have over twice as many seven stars as I did the last time we tried.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Rubicon posted:

Saw this and thought people might be interested to see it. I don't know if everyone gets the same shipments.

I didn't have any Vaders in there yesterday, so I don't think we get the same.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Im thinking they give a free toon on rogue 1 day, like phasma and poe last year.

I bet that it's going to be Forrest Whitaker.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Jibo posted:

Devs please nerf Idi Amin, he is too powerful.

His devour ability is too OP.

tadashi posted:

I just reinstalled the game against my better judgement and would like to rejoin a goon guild. My arena/raid team is all 80 with full gear but I'm still a ways from having a "good" raid squad.

What kind of sucks is that arena is a little difficult now since I'm still ~500 and the teams mostly have level 82+ characters and it looks like it's going to take a while to get past level 80?

Also, I have many questions but mostly:
What FOTM characters are people grinding toward right now? What about ships?

I invited you back into QGJ, Tadashi. Welcome back!

Edit: Are either 3DGAYWORLD or Mol Eliza (level 26) goons? They're both sitting in pending invites in QGJ.

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 6, 2016

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

3D GAY WORLD posted:

Can someone please accept my application for Qui Goon Jin? Been waiting for several days, I'm back to being active. Thanks! Name should be 3DGAYWORLD.

Alternatively, if any other goon clans are open, I'd like to join.

ID: 853925988

I did a shout out on the thread for you a few days ago, since we didn't know who you were. Just invited you!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

IG-88 will undoubtedly get his IG-2000 soon. IG-86 will probably get one at the same time.

Also to come: Dengar's "Punishing One".

And, I'd be prepared for Bossk/"Hounds Tooth" in the future... but his ship is pretty big. Maybe they'll make him a scoundrels commander.

Were those ships from the Clone Wars cartoon? Isn't everything in the game except HK-47 from the actual films/tv now?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Darksaber posted:

If those spots are still there, my IGN is Darksaber, I filled out the spreadsheet as well.

Done and done.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Are any of DarkEagleEU, Movan Lipost, or Wes Terallo goons? All three have applied to QGJ and none are on the spreadsheet.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

waah posted:

I guess if i want an invite and stuff i need to actually add my info.

Name: Waah
227-246-992

Going to invite you to QGJ, but we can't invite you until you leave your guild. Sending you an Ally invite, though.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

waah posted:

I left other guild and sent a request.

Does the energy cost go refill cantina and light side battles ever go back down or am i at the wait forever part?

Just accepted you. The energy cost should go back down daily.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

What do I have to give in here to get invited

What's your number? I'll add you

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Crap we're full up right now. Sorry I thought we had a few spots open.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

two_step posted:

We have 2 spots open in IGD, only requirement is at least one 7* guy so you can get raid rewards

Can you bring me on from QGJ? I've got 33 7* and I need to start doing heroic raids. My code is 599-982-819

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Davethulhu posted:

You have to leave QGJ before I can invite you. It's late now, I can try again in the morning. Or another officer can get you.

Done. Invite away, guys! My code is 599-982-819

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

I'm told that the P1 Rancor hotness works fine for grievous phase on AAT.

Teebo
EE
Phasma
TFP
QGJ

I run Teebo, ES, EE, Fives, QGJ for P1. Is it better to run Phasma in place of Fives? She wouldn't have the constant slow, but she has defense downs and she adds turn meter.

VV TFP is my current cantina farm, so hopefully I'll replace ES with him in a couple months VV

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 5, 2017

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

So this new event will be basically Ewoks and Rey, huh?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I finished up TFP and am looking for someone new to farm in Cantina. Should I work on replacing ST Han with SRP or are there better uses?

I have:

GS, Luke, Chewie, Lando, Jawa, Old Ben, Datcha, JC, Biggs, Mace, TFP, Ig86, Chirpa, and Wedge from Cantina.

Am I missing someone blindingly obvious?

https://swgoh.gg/u/michigancubbie/collection/

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 21, 2017

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

two_step posted:

OK, GK led arena teams are starting to show up on my shard, and they are horrific. If IGD can't manage to start doing heroic tank, I might have to pull a Mal and go join some pubbies, I really don't want to fall so far behind I can't keep up. We kinda need to decide if we are going to be tryhards (at least in one guild) or not.

I say let's take a shot at heroic.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

In terms of Cantina, I have JawaS, Ahsoka, Fives, Boba Fett, QGJ, and Poe maxed. Should I bother with anyone else or should I just save until the next character is added to shipments? I'm debating about Daka.

Also, is it worth putting Lumi to Gear X or should I put the gear elsewhere, I have a mk 7 nubian that will take her to gear ten, but I don't use her outside of GW.

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 6, 2017

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

From the Reddit:

Man I'm dense. I saw "Padawan Visa" and immediately was like "Oh cool! We're getting Visas! She's no Mandalore but she's kinda cool."

Then I read it again.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Davethulhu posted:

In IGD we call it the "zero damage club" and you become a member when you get your 7* Han.

Here's the rancor "rules", for IGD:
1. For 12 hours after the raid is started, everyone can only do zero damage attacks. This is so that everyone at least gets some rewards, as people are in different time zones. If you're sure you're going to around when the damage phase starts, you do not have to put a zero damage attack up.
2. One team attack, period, not counting the zero damage placeholder. It's easiest to put big numbers up in p1, so that's where the high scores generally come in.
3. If you have a 7* raid han, you're encouraged to minimize your damage, so that people who don't have him are able to get him quicker.

The only downside to this is that you lose out on the better raid gear rewards if you've got seven star Han, but it does help the guild as a whole.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I've basically been really working up my HK/88/86/CN/JE squad for the past week to work on P2.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

KingOfTheTramps posted:

Yeah QGJ if you can't make P1 there's no way you will do P2. Hits harder and has 4x the HP, it makes P1 seem like a walk in the park.

So here's a list of IGD members and their P2 droid team gear levels, just to give an idea of how far away we are:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RmAlUHW76s85Xso8QrA_buoMCe40wbXMiX7hzaKY6f0/edit#gid=0

This doesn't cover variations of droid teams and other teams that can do P2 (Clones, Zader, Resistance), so you can probably add 10% or so on top.

There's still a lot of gearing up we all need to do to stand a chance here, even if we take the best from QGJ It's not enough at this point...

This is an awesome list. It's really helpful to visualize it like that.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Zone of Danger posted:

I'm kinda worried that we're all going to end up leveling droid teams and then just get stuck on P3 after blowing up P2.

That's why I've been trying to build up the droids and my tanks for Chirpatine at the same time.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

It's good that we're not doing heroic yet. According to that chart on the spreadsheet, we're only expected to do 29.7% damage to P2 with the droid teams.

Everyone, get on there and update it as you upgrade your droid team!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

BlueStacks never worked well for me, but MEmu worked great if you're looking for a different one.

I used emulators to get the Samsung bonuses since I have a Nexus. Are those bonuses still around? They'd be a great boost to newcomers since you got a free IG-86.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Wintermutant posted:

What all device models have promotions attached again?

I think it was any Samsung device for one and specifically a Samsung Galaxy S7 for the other.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

fishtobaskets posted:

You'll get only Chopper and 3* Hera and like it you sunuvabitch

Love,
EA

They said we're getting all six characters for free if we do the events, right?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Barreft posted:

Hey was told to post my char here:
https://swgoh.gg/u/bluedust/

This is all just from playing and having no idea what to do, so it's probably stupid as hell.

First things first, stop leveling all of your characters. You're going to quickly run out of resources to maintain yourself. Focus on 5-10 characters. You're in a great position to make a Droid arena team. Also work on farming a GW character. I'd go Biggs because you're going to be starting ships soon.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I say adjust, since the notification of free energy alerts me on the morning time. I'm good with either, though.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

nfthree posted:

36 GW Runs:

GW Reset = 12AM
Guild Reset = 7:30 PM
Shard Reset = 12AM

Do Monday's GW retreating on node 1. (12)
Guild resets at 7:30 PM so do Monday's GW after 7:30PM
When done reset and do Tuesday's but before midnight. (12)
After midnight do the next GW. (12)

Is that right? The shard reset and GW reset being the same time confuses me.

You don't have to do Tuesday's before midnight, but absolutely make sure you reset from Monday's before midnight. If you don't do Tuesday's, it simply saves Wednesday's in the reset, just like you were holding Tuesday's. This takes some of the pressure off of Tuesday night.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Space Crabs posted:

how is that kylo ren ship thing? I've never actually fought one since my shard is so new.

I've run into a few. I've lost every time, for what that's worth. I need to take my time next time I see one to see how tough it is.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Man, GW giving so many shards has been great for the shard shop.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

fishtobaskets posted:

Tricky question. Certain top meta characters can be worth it like baze & nihilus. But at lower level your crystals are almost assuredly better spent getting the two daily 50c energy refreshes, daily 50c arena refreshes until you stop rising in rank, and maybe a 100c cantina refresh if you have any left over.

I never did one of these, so this may be a stupid question, but does the 50c arena refresh get you one refresh, speed up your waiting on your current ones, or give you a fresh set of five battles?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Aadoniel posted:

I was saving all 5 attacks to give the best effort once we kicked off. Now that we know we can do it, it's all good. I'll %100 throw my lv1 mace windu at it next time.

The future looks good.

We get unlimited attacks on the heroic, but characters do not respawn.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Hey IGD Goons, there's a new column on the end of the droid list in Google Docs. Can you guys add your time zone on there? We're trying to figure out the best times to have a guild reset if we end up reforming the guild.

Also, new people who have been added in the past couple days: add yourselves onto the droid list and list your droid team. It's kinda a moot point now since we have shown we can beat the tank, but it's still a good idea to keep growing our droids, and it's a bit of a fun arms race to see how we're doing.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

So then during the Tank fight, if I attack during all 5 phases = better chance for loot? Or is it an average of all phases?

All damage is totaled together in the end, so if you do 1 million in p1 and none in any other phases, your total is 1 million. If you do 250k in each phase (four phases,) then your total is also 1 million. the better chances for loot come from how you compare with other members of the guild.

That said, you can be in first place and get jack poo poo for gear, or be in 30th place and get full pieces of gear. It's a crapshoot, but you get a better chance of gear the higher you place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Who's next on the list to move up to IGD from QGJ? Bluedust needs to move down.

Looks like Fishtobaskets or wintermutant, based on his post a few posts ago.