Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I don't know what happened, but this thread came to life all of a sudden. Keep it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

And we'll get you into QGJ so you can start generating guild currency and getting gear from raids!

Be sure to buy one chromium pack because you get a guaranteed character on your first pull. You can get some loving awesome characters in there. Someone in the guild pulled a Baze. It's enough that if you get a bad one, I'd possibly restart.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Would gladly join if there was a link in the OP or something. I went back about 10 pages and only found people saying "join the discord" but no way to actually do so, so I'm not sure how to get a link

Go to the Google Spreadsheet in the OP. Follow the links and you'll find it.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Popete posted:

I just finished getting Jango to 7* my current BH team is Bossk 7* G12 (Lead), Boba 7* G12, Dengar 7* G11, Jango 7* G11 and either Greedo/IG-88/Zam at 7*.

Should I pick up Embo as my 5th? I haven't started him hardly at all yet.

I would move to another hard farm that you need before doing Embo. He seems good, but you'll make it through the Chewie event with the others.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

The Falcon event is coming back on April 11th through April 18th. You need:

Slave One
Hound's Tooth
Xanadu Blood
IG-2000

all at least 5 stars. This'll get you Han's Falcon, which is really the meta ship at this point. You want to get it if you can.

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 5, 2019

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Don't gear Initiate.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

It might not be the right strat, but for P5 I ran G12 zzAV (L) , G12 Dooku, G12 GeoSpy, G10 B2, G11 Sun Fac, with a lot of potency on dooku for stuns.

I killed Anakin, Padme, Anakin (rezzed), GK, Mon Calamari Jedi last.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

*Edit. Never mind

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 12, 2019

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Hey everyone, it's your friendly neighborhood MichiganCubbie! Just checking in on the thread to remind everyone that we have a Discord, and that's honestly where 99% of all discussions happen. Be sure to join up with the links in the Google Docs spreadsheets in the OP, and if you haven't already joined Qui-Goon Jin or Something Maulful, be sure to put your name on the recruitment boards! We're always looking for fresh blood to replace FishtoBaskets and Crumbletron, so you may be our only hope at finally getting rid of them!

Also, anyone in QGJ on here, be sure to join the Discord as well, because you're missing out on lots of memes and somewhat funny banter.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

WerrWaaa posted:

Every day. What did I miss?

Get onto discord and check your PMs or get a hold of Sheev or Chili.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Hey everyone, remember that we have a Discord server where 99.9% of the discussions take place. We have strats, memes, help from people who have played this game for 3+ years, and if you want to eventually want to join Qui Goon-Jin or get into Something Maulful, our try-hard guild, please be sure to post in the recruitment thread and we'll get you added to the list. Hope everyone's having a good time with this and surviving this new TB, and if you're not, joining Discord is a good cure for what ails you.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Barry posted:

Is there room in either of the goon guilds right now? I've been playing this game for like a year and just noticed that there was a thread about it. I'm tired of my pubbie guild not getting enough people to start TWar.

Get onto our Discord (through the spreadsheet in the OP) and we'll get you right into QGJ!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Barry posted:

Do you actually require its use for anything ingame? To say I use Discord sparingly would be an understatement.

I think it's fair to say that the upper guild, Something Maulful, heavily uses it for strats and coordination. The lower guild, Qui-Goon Jin, uses it to a far less of an extent. It's really important for learning and tapping knowledge and tools for farming and gearing, though.

I had never used Discord before, and I learned it for this game, and I've learned a lot and it was a big help.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Hey everyone, remember that we have a Discord server where 99.9% of the discussions take place. We have strats, memes, help from people who have played this game for 3+ years, and if you want to eventually want to join Qui Goon-Jin or get into Something Maulful, our try-hard guild, please be sure to post in the recruitment thread and we'll get you added to the list. Hope everyone's having a good time with this and surviving this new TB, and if you're not, joining Discord is a good cure for what ails you.

If you're not in a goon guild, you really have to ask yourself why you even bother. We're just more fun.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Tadashi and Scorchio, please get onto Discord and get in touch with me or Chili.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Hey everyone, time for a reminder. Remember that we have a Discord server where 99.9% of the discussions take place. We have strats, memes, help from people who have played this game for almost four years, and if you want to eventually want to join Qui Goon-Jin or get into Something Maulful, our try-hard guild, please be sure to post in the recruitment thread and we'll get you added to the list. Hope everyone's having a good time with this and surviving this new TB, and if you're not, joining Discord is a good cure for what ails you.

Also, if you join SM, we're getting around 23+ stars in the new TB, we sim rancor, auto tank, kill the sith raid in like an hour or so, and do well in TWs. We try to help newer players develop their teams quickly with the rewards gained from all of this.

If you're not in a goon guild, you really have to ask yourself why you even bother.

VVV I don't disagree with you VVV

One thing I've thought about is that maybe people who want to be more active in QGJ can join more active pub guilds, or as you suggest, open it up. That's probably the better option.

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 20, 2019

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

HebrewMagic posted:

As the standing leader of qgj I've been considering opening the floodgates for a little while, especially since we haven't had a TW in a while because of poor turnout

Go for it. You're right as to the benefits.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Don't be like me and join a pubbie guild and make friends there and invite irl friends before finding out there actually is a goon guild woops

depending on how many people you're talking about, bring them all to QGJ. There's probably around 15 spots they could fill.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Funso Banjo posted:

so should a new player (30) be staying in the starter guild they are placed in by default? Or moving to a real one asap?

Get on Discord and join QGJ ASAP. At the very least you'll get to lean on allies for help with nodes, and you'll be ready to go as soon as you can.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Is Discord down?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I finally got Candorus to 7*, so i need another Cantina to farm. I'm debating between Emilia Clarke and the Robot from Solo. Unless there is some amazing character only found in the Cantina I should farm. Please note I have the FO Executioner maxed out.

Ineptitude is dead right about GBA. He's your best bet.

Also, come back to Discord! QGJ is revitalized and we want as many people communicating as possible.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Anyone who has been playing this game and isn't on Discord, come join us! We have top tier characters you can mooch and start farming with, and we promise to try really hard to not scare you away with memes.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

What is all this? Bring this talk into the discord, everyone!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Everyone, in case the forums get shut down or some other radical thing happens, come join us on Discord:

https://discord.gg/mUY8fz

We'll try to keep this community together, at the very least. 99% of the community discussions are on there. Come hang out!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Hey everybody! If anyone's interested in trying this game, or if you're already playing and not in one of the goon guilds, we have a bunch of spots in Qui Goon-Jinn. Come hang out with us in the discord, get strategies, see memes, and join our community!!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Another important thing once you start using full FO starters is to restart if Silencer doesn't stun. Silencer should be going relatively quickly at the start, so you know immediately if you need to restart.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Anyone who isn't in the goon guilds, be sure to come hang out in discord or join up!!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

newershadow posted:

I believe you are massively underrating how much "ignore defense" from Jedi's Will plays into JKL's effectiveness and utility to the rest of his team. Post-changes, he'll have 290 defense penetration at relic 7, so an enemy's defense gets modified something along this chart:

High-end tanks like KRU and Fives can easily run upwards of 70% defense, so that boosted defense penetration gets you ~5% of your damage back. Additionally, *whatever ally gets Jedi's Will* gets nothing but the extra offense after the changes, so they have a net loss against most opponents. This also gets magnified when you run his lead and your team gets Jedi's Will from the mass assist - while before it would boost your entire team's damage by a significant amount (from the infinite defense penetration), now it falls flat. I'd guess this will probably make JMLS mirrors miserable, especially since you don't get to cheat and reduce max health; but also LS Geo battles with JKL lead are going to be slower/more dangerous, since droids tend to have a lot of armor.

The true damage (against non-GL Tanks) is nice, but I don't think non-JMLS tanks are enough of a problem that it will make a difference, especially when JKL's basic dispels them so you can go around.

Are you in the discord under a different name? You should come join us! We enjoy real-time theorycrafting!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Anyone who isn't in the goon guilds, be sure to come hang out in discord or join up!!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

That Awful Nick posted:

I also happen to run a 40-player, 100M+ guild of non-goons so if you're ever wanting to play this game but can't get into the goonie guilds just yet, but still want to get in somewhere where you can start to collect some Traya, Han, and Kenobi shards, lemme know.

Hey!! Come join us in our Discord! Check out how the other side lives :-)

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 25, 2021

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

not counting the time you kill her in Force Unleashed

Or Lego Star Wars

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

tadashi posted:

I can't see myself playing this game competitively (if you call it that), again.
Is there a way to reset an account and just have it start from scratch?
It's too frustrating to play my old account. The arena teams are a giant wall of unclimbable legendary teams.
It's more fun to do the early progression and just fart around, imo.

Hey! Like was mentioned above, arena is changing dramatically in the very near future. If you're interested in coming back, jump on the discord! We have three guilds again and we will get you into one so you aren't starting from scratch, if you're interested!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Tom Smykowski posted:

Wheres the discord link??

https://discord.gg/TMRfTuz4

If this doesn't work, let me know. Ping me when you get in as well :-)