Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Just pooping in to say Phoenix teams are complete bullshit how dare they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I'm at lvl55 now, when does this game get fun?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

UmOk posted:

What makes you think it ever does?

if i start paying money will it get better? serious question

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

i would, but i'm severely underleveled and have 0 7* characters

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Phoenix squad is the perfect team and i won't hear a word against them

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

As far as a 4-5* G5-6 Nightsister squad goes, how is Talzin, Asajj, Talia, Daka, Zombie? Phoenix squad is running out of steam.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

wisdomHNOX posted:

What level are you? If you’re 50 or lower take the advice in the OP and start over, unless you’re super invested in your roster. You will have an infinitely easier time in arena if you do.

Take this advice. I’m on a super populated west coast shard, play every day, and I’ve never broken the top 1000

im cute fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 5, 2017

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I’m down to join QGJ if there’s room:
Pacouranga
141-341-135

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I’m trying to farm Phoenix but I keep farming nightsisters please save me.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Even though I have to manually make sure Chopper doesn’t pop his emergency taunt in the very first round before putting it on auto, he is for sure the better choice.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

I think we’re full. Unless RC is about to boot somebody.

If he’s 85 and got boys ready for haat, you could kick me I suppose. I won’t hit 85 for at least another month at the rate I’m going. Still working on Thrawn and a NS arena team.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

It’s good to spend most of your crystals on Energy except those times you have to spend 1299 on trying to 5-Star MT and of course you get like, 7 shards why? Why do you keep doing this?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I suspect Phoenix was a ploy to get people to watch Rebels when it was on and they just kept ramping up how good the team is for newbies and never backed down, even after the show ended.

E: the show has not ended.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I don’t know why the OP guide still lists MT as an important thing to farm. Seems like he’s garbage?

Godspeed to you, RC Cola

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Aadoniel posted:

Hey guys, it's the ghost of Bola Het.

I've been playing SWBF2 and after spending so much time looking at crystals and such in SWGOH, it makes me wonder if there'll be a change in the industry that'll lead to this game being more affordable.

I know Disney doesn't care too much and they also have a history of "random chance items" like their pin collections at the parks where $15 gets you a random pin that might want, but this looks like it's too much bad press. It seems the best way to take down a giant is to find a catchy label like, "No Child Left Behind" or in this case, "Addicting Children to Gambling".

Right now on my phone I'm playing "Infinity Dungeon" which is infinitely less fun to play, but at least I can put it down after a few minutes unlike SWGOH. Until there's a new Mandalorian wave and then I'll be back to see what they do.

The downside is that battlefront 2 is not F2P and somehow having a lame throwaway plot is more offensive than having no plot at all.

Might check out infinity dungeon, though I’ve been kinda enjoying Pocket 3 Kingdoms, an identical game to GoH only with chibi Three Kingdoms toons.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

SgtMongoose posted:

Wouldn't be surprised to see a nerf either, but at the moment most of the PVE parts of the game seem balanced against you having either zFinn or multiple maxed out G12 squads with sick mods. Since Resistance isn't broken in Arena, I don't think they're in any hurry to nerf him.

If you're wondering about zeta'ing Finn, it is the 100% best zeta in the game for all PVE content. There is no reason Finn should not be your next zeta as even a 5* G8/9 Resistance squad will do work in GW and TB.

I’ll be working on Resistance after I’ve gotten an Empire squad up to G8 or so. What’s the go-to squad, besides Finn and BB8? I heard RT was good.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Warmachine posted:

CG's style of 'nerf' seems to be just add more power creep. Which is loving insufferable to anyone who wants an interesting game experience, but I guess keeps the whaling good. I know I'm hardly one to talk having gone all-in on the new Nightsisters but...

I'm also all in on Nightsisters but only so far as 5* MT and like, 3* Zombie can take me. I don't know whether to see them farmable anywhere any time soon, so eventually there will be a wall, I suppose.

Also thanks for the Resistance tips earler!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Mister Blueberry posted:

You don't want to join this TB, it's a shitshow

I think I missed a phase and I'm not even buggin'.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

Something Maulful goons, here's our strategy for Territory Wars:

1. Deploy around 4 teams of varying strength to 4 different territories, and one fleet (ships are the back two on the top row).
2. Hold back your resistance team, phoenix team (because these teams tend to do better on offense), and your arena team
3. Tomorrow, when the fight starts, try to select matches where you you believe you will have close wins. Any given offense team only fights once, so there's no need to set up a match where you crush the enemy team while taking no damage.
4. Similarly, don't start a fight where you're going to be crushed without getting at least one kill, because defending teams work like GW, where they keep damage but also keep turn meter.
5. This is a learning experience for everyone, don't get too worked up about it.

I only have two team eligible for TW and I put them both on defense, whoops

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

WerrWaaa posted:

I am afraid to level and star my newly farmed characters for fear of GW getting harder.

I thought they had fixed that. GW doesn’t get harder for me anymore, at any rate, now that the levels are coming slower and slower.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I know there’s a damage hold on Rancor for the first 24 hours, but what’s the go-to way to do zero damage but still get on the board for rewards?

This is purely theoretical, as my team of Talia, Biggs, and Garzeb usually do 0 damage before wiping regardless.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

rocket_Magnet posted:

You can enter a single character, just ok the warning and then make sure you only hits the guards not the captain.

Ah ok. I was thinking it was the rancor itself, not the guards in the first phase. That makes sense.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

looking forward to using double drops to get phoenix to 7 stars, maybe work a little on fun-as-hell nightsisters. farming van vewie is totally off the table. I don't think I even have any of the Rey's Journey characters unlocked.

im cute fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 7, 2017

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

RC Cola posted:

Double drops for two days on only nodes for vets, finn, and rey

cool game for cool people

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

The next hero will require fifteen panic farms for Porgs, the new faction with no synergy and only use is to 7 platoon and the event :suicide:

You say this like a joke, but Geonosian are a thing in this game, there are only 4 and they don't have any synergies and they suck, and also EA made Nug squads a thing in Heroes of Dragon Age... :ohdear:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

WerrWaaa posted:

Being not a scrub takes too much work. Gimmick Ewok teams from here on out.

Still running Nightsisters and extremely salty about my six whole spooky sis shards from the last event.

Might have to get into Clones or something.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

fishtobaskets posted:

Nightsisters are really good. Work toward getting talzin/zombie's zeta and getting tons of speed on acolyte/daka. That probably sounds like a lot of work but it's a pittance compared to the rest of the meta

I'm like this close to getting Zalzin, and ZZombie is not too far behind. I feel bad that the only 7* NS I have is Talia, and yet she is the least useful of the bunch probably.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Vulpes posted:

Zombie doesn't have a zeta, what are you all on about?

I just assumed the “starts with Taunt” one was a zeta lol whoops

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Warmachine posted:

Above 200, it's the wild west. Below 200, you start seeing more recently meta teams. Below 150, it is almost all meta teams. Below 100, it's meta teams with top tier gear, and the top 50 is extremely tuned meta teams. At least that's how my shard seems to swing, and I think it's two years old?

It’s still like 90% Phoenix and Nightsisters >200 on my shard. Occasionally I’ll fight an underpowered Rebel squad and there’s one guy running droids, but man, more like the Mild West.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Glad to have done my like, 100k damage lol. Good Work Lads

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I didn't know that signing up but under-contributing could be a big problem. I pretty much can only throw one squad at TW (a phoenix squad, still working on scoundrels and empire). I'll desist in the future.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Don't know why I'm having a helluva time with Thrawn VI. I have everyone up to 79, 7* and decent mods with Chopper and Ezra at G9 and everyone else at G8. Should I not be auto-ing through the first 3 rounds? Any other tips?

EDIT: lol never mind, I beat it by not auto-ing and killing the DTs first

im cute fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 19, 2018

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

Meanwhile I didn't bother getting Phantom to five stars because I knew I wouldn't have one of the U-wings ready, so I miss out.

I don't have either of them ready, and I'll be goddamned if I'm dropping $90 on a pack or $??? on crystals to get them there. I don't think I even have Bistan or SRP or the Rogue One crew unlocked except Jyn at a whopping 4*. Maybe next year.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Sith Marauder won't probably be back until the next big update, but was it worth a drat?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I'm only at 80/150 GW clears and they let me sim the last 7 nodes anyway?? Wonder if they only do that when you can reset or if you're far enough along or what.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Visas Marr was one of my favorites from kotor 2, I’m happy to see her in the game, and desperately hope she’s not a huge pile of poo poo.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Having played her now, I think she could be great. Tons of counter attacks and assists. She was assisting almost every turn.

Party health steal and armor piercing plus cleansing on her basic seems real good even without the hundreds of bonus attacks.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

My F2P account is approaching 60 and I was wondering what the current cool thing to do after finishing up Phoenix squad is. Should I still plan to work on a wiggs team or is there a better choice now? Was also considering AA (L), STH, Ezra, Leia, Chirrut

Also why does the OP have Sabine in the starter/f2p squad and not Ezra :iiam:

I’d pick either Scoundrels or Empire (especially after the Vader/Palp rework), and eventually old rebels (stHan, Leia, FarmLuke, Old Ben, Lando I think?). I still like Wiggs because they kill stuff so fast, much faster than Phoenix, but I think the meta has moved on a lot.

E: Sabine is a way harder and more expensive farm. You can sim 20+ of Hera and Ezra for 100 crystals while it’s 150 for 20 shots at Sabine, and the Hera/Ezra farm earns you cantina credits toward Chopper. So even for f2p accounts I’d switch off between starring Hera and Ezra and relegate Sabine to the impulse Hard Mode bin.

im cute fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 5, 2018

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I think I have most of my FO guys at like 3* GL5, I’m definitely prepared for this event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

That shouldn't really be possible since the event caps the tuning rate to a fresh 85.

do they really think a fresh level 85 player can beat a full stack of G12's?

What if the fresh 85 happens to have dumped like $500 into the game