Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Jenny Angel posted:

Oh poo poo! Looks like raid-only gear shards are now in the raid shop. Might be worth saving up for some of those instead of trying for the new characters. Rey shards remain a high priority, of course

Oh great! Looks like the Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage is just 3,300 coins for 10.

I need 250 of them, so that's..... 82,500 guild coins in total.

Awesome.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Yeah QGJ is super useful and great in any team. Daka is also great for Arena and will get you far in the dark side missions.

I would drop 5s for now and start farming RG as much as you can if you need a tank. He's awesome from 4*s and beyond. Chewie will fill the gap until then.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Jerkface posted:

Do you think its worth replacing a 7* / g8/ lvl 70 sid with a 5* / g8 / lvl 70 rey in arena?

gently caress yeah!

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Good job QGJ!

IGD is almost done with T6 raid #2. We're much better prepared this time around.

It's a bit odd that the game recommends gear 8 for a T6 raid when you clearly need G9+ to survive more than a few hits. It's such a jump in difficulty compared to T5.

I hear the T7 raid has a lot less HP though, so even though you need 7* toons it's not such a slog.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Lumi is outclassed by both QGJ and STHan. Her basic does too little damage, healing is not really needed at the sharp end of arena (the dmg per turn the top attackers knock out far outstretches any healing you could do). And if you want ability block, Old Ben is literally 5x better.

I run a Phasma,RG,STHan,Rey,QGJ team and it rocks. STH and Phasma give tons of extra attacks and TM, RG keeps everyone alive and 1 of the enemy stunned each turn, Rey dishes out the damage and QGJ does the awesome stuff that makes him awesome.

I usually wake up inside the top 10 and breeze to #1 with this comp. Although I don't think many others are in the same time zone as me so your mileage may vary.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

So I guess they stealth updated GW to make it harder again... seriously?!

They keep making low effort changes to GW but it's still a dumb daily grind that is basically a necessity because of the credit rewards.

I get that it should be challenging because the whole point of it is to test the depth of your roster... but it's currently an overlong trial-by-error borefest thanks to the protection mechanic.

They should make it much shorter but keep the challenge high some other way, like only being able to send each toon into battle once or twice to force you to mix up your roster.

CG & EA are a bunch of clueless idiots judging by the number of fuckups this past week. That dev comment is a joke... put a bit of effort into your game guys!

Basically what I'm saying is I like collecting all the Star Wars guys and the team building and squad synergies and stuff, but I don't want to spend hours a day playing your sucky game EA :colbert:

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

I'm sure this has been posted before but for everyone in IGD this is a good t7 raid guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4nh3pt/tier_7_raid_strategy_for_maximum_damage/

And remember not to attack during the p1 phase as Tagichatn might be able to solo it, and if not I'll throw in my ewoks and finish it off. That way almost everyone will have a fresh roster to attack the rancor with.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Thanks man, you did great!

So it looks like there is only ~100k left to finish p4 now, should be doable with a few good 7* squads.

Any volunteers? :kiddo:

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

My RG now has 100k hp and I saw a QGJ with 50k extra protection.

poo poo's mad yo!

edit: also I gave Rey +59 speed with one health mod. LOL

KingOfTheTramps fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 13, 2016

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Uh well switch out Lumi for Rey. Healers are very anti-meta in the arena!

You will probably need gear 9+ to get to the sharp end as well.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

There's this useful cantina shard farming calculator for peeps trying to figure out if they can farm enough shards for Palpatine in time:

https://jscalc.io/calc/rl77j7l6IpeYtBk6

If you're not going to make it this time around, I would recommend working on Biggs and Wedge, who is very likely to become f2p after August.

They are a very strong meta team thanks to the recent tweaks, and both being rebels they will help you the next time the Palp event rolls around.

Check out this Wedge/Biggs/Lando/Ani/STHan team against some very strong arena teams:

https://vimeo.com/178760069

edit: That first battle is a testament to the power of the 'tashe, :drat:

KingOfTheTramps fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 22, 2016

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah mod farming is pretty awful. Been spending a refresh a day farming crit dmg mods for a few weeks now with almost nothing to show for it.

Out of 300 odd mods I have not one is a 5* crit dmg primary...

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

This game is perfectly balanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPnS7kVmVd8

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Could we do 10pm pacific start time maybe? This would mean 6am GMT for UK/Euro rather than 4am so we don't get completely screwed out of one of the raids.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Hello, I have added a page to our veritable goon guild spreadsheet (remember that thing?) with a :siren: Heroic AAT raid guide :siren:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

It has some good teams for each phase linked to youtube vids where I could find them, take a look and hopefully it will help you not suck so much in our impending Heroic attempt.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Who cares about crits when you can't die? 70% health steal at ability level 1.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Max Level abilities:

Nihilus:
Ceaseless Craving (Basic) - Deal Special damage to target enemy and Dispel all buffs on them. If any buffs were dispelled, reduce the cooldown of Drain Force by 1

Drain Force (Special - 4 Cooldown) - Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 50% chance (doubled against debuffed enemies) to increase their cooldowns by 1. For each cooldown increased, reduce the cooldown of Annihilate by 1.

Annihilate (Special - 8 Cooldown) - Instantly defeat target enemy. Nihilus gains Max Health equal to the target's Max Health. The defeated target can't be Revived. This ability can't be Evaded and starts on cooldown.

Lord of Hunger (Leader) - Sith allies gain 60% Offense and 150% Health Steal. Sith allies lose all Protection and gain that much Max Health. Sith allies are immune to Healing effects that aren't Health Steal and can't score Critical Hits

Wound in the Force (Unique) - At the start of each of his turns, Nihilus inflicts Damage Over Time for 2 turns on a random enemy that doesn't have any debuffs. If all enemies are debuffed, inflict Damage Over Time on a random enemy. At the start of each enemy turn, Nihilus inflicts Health Down on them for 2 turns.

Sith Trooper:
Disruptor Blast (Basic) - Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to inflict Defense Down for 3 turns. If the target was already debuffed, ignore their Protection.

Crimson Barrage - (Special - 3 Cooldown) - Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 70% chance to inflict Offense Down for 2 turns. Then gain Protection Up equal to 5% for each debuffed enemy for 2 turns. This attack ignores Protection.

Vaiken's Legacy - (Unique) - Sith Trooper has +100% Defense. Whenever a Sith ally uses a Special ability or falls below 50% Health, Sith Trooper gains Defense Up for 2 turns. If he already had Defense Up, he gains Taunt for 2 turns. If he already had Taunt, he gains Retribution for 2 turns. Sith Trooper gains Defense Up for 2 turns at the start of each encounter.

Sith Assassin:
Exploit Weakness (Basic) - Deal Physical damage to target enemy, inflict Evasion Down for 2 turns, and gain Offense Up for 2 turns. If the target was already debuffed, gain Stealth for 2 turns. If Sith Assassin already had Stealth, ignore the target's Protection.

Dark Shroud (Special - 4 Cooldown) - Dispel all debuffs from Sith Assassin and gain Stealth and Foresight for 2 turns. If she already had Stealth, gain Speed Up and Tenacity Up for 2 turns. Sith allies gain 12% Turn Meter for each buff on her.

Electrocute (Special - 4 Cooldown) - Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Stun for 1 turn. If Sith Assassin already had Stealth, Dispel all buffs from Sith Assassin, deal 5% more damage for each effect dispelled and each living Sith ally, and ignore the target's Protection.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah QGJ if you can't make P1 there's no way you will do P2. Hits harder and has 4x the HP, it makes P1 seem like a walk in the park.

So here's a list of IGD members and their P2 droid team gear levels, just to give an idea of how far away we are:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RmAlUHW76s85Xso8QrA_buoMCe40wbXMiX7hzaKY6f0/edit#gid=0

This doesn't cover variations of droid teams and other teams that can do P2 (Clones, Zader, Resistance), so you can probably add 10% or so on top.

There's still a lot of gearing up we all need to do to stand a chance here, even if we take the best from QGJ It's not enough at this point...

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Part 2 of the upcoming QoL patch (march probably):

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/94451/upcoming-quality-of-life-game-improvements-part-2#latest

Highlights are challenges giving better rewards and including all the gear from the tier below, basic attack only auto battle mode and GW giving ship currency.

oops wrong forum posted:

KT is a baller for that spreadsheet. Also those % are of course situational, it has my team rated for 3% but I was able to do 4-4.5% consistently so good micro can bring those numbers up. But yea when you see that only 4 of us have an average gear lvl of X+, there's lots of work to do before we get the balls again to try. And that's not even taking mods into account!

Yeah that's just the way I have the % tiers set up, a rough estimate at best. If you had .2 higher avg. gear it would put you at 5%, which is closer to where you're at. Mods obviously make a huge difference but it's such a PITA to swap them between teams, I don't blame anyone for not doing that.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Yoda is absolutely essential

Not really. I used Aayla/QGJ/Ani/IGD/Ahsoka and did just fine. I think Aayla is by far the best lead if you have some tenacity mods.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Really it's just so you can save your cooldowns in GW. You would use it in say node 8 so you have all your abilities ready to go for the much harder node 9.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

So I migrated my 'can we do p2 yet?' spreadsheet over to the main goon guild one, after the HAAT guide page. I added the new people who came from QGJ, but I might have missed some updates to gear levels.

If any IGD goons have updated their p2 squads since I made the sheet can you pop over to the sheet and update your gear levels please? I'm pretty sure not enough of us have though, it's kind of key to have an average gear level over 10 in order to get decent topples in p2 and too few have that still.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Amazon better give us a lot of chewie shards for this.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Malgrin posted:

You can run the game at 4x speed (super nice), but you can't auto with basics only yet.

You can, you have to go to the settings cog while in battle.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah that's how I've been doing it for the last few months and it's made a big difference. Just the two 50 crystal refreshes a day to farm things like cuffs and guns, then save crystals for raid gear (because normal AAT likes to give you 1/5th of something you don't need), the 20s purple gear or the 750 gold. I think I've made much better progress to G11 this way and would recommend everyone do the same.

Mal, could you un-strikethrough the link to the spreadsheet in the OP? We use it a lot for raid planning now so it would be useful to have in the OP for anyone who needs it.

Also echoing Dr Venture, IGD P2 progress has been great recently, added almost 10% in a week even after the lost progress of a few members leaving. I'm currently putting all my effort to getting them all to G11 now my sith arena team is geared up.

For those of us with clones, there's a new king of P2, it's zody lead + elder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i13Q-LNOG4

That's 32% in P2 (with whale mods but still)

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah I had a similar team linked in the haat guide spreadsheet (elder instead of boba). I've been working towards it for a while, got vader and sid zetas, just need 75 more shards for shaman.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

dandaman posted:

Zody/Scavenger works well in P2. Can I use them since my droids aren't up to par?

Also, where can I use my Jedi if P1 is Zylo only?

We'll see how we do in p2 without zody teams first, we might need one or 2 to help finish it off. I have the Zader team so I'm hoping to do 15-20% in p2, so plus our improved droids we hopefully don't need any zody. Jedi teams will probably do best in p4, but it'll just be a case of throwing them at any phase we're struggling at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

You can move an account from ios to android now apparently: