Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Have been playing this for a few hours now.

The game is interesting and there seems to be a lot of stuff to do.

It could do a better job of welcoming new players and enticing them to stay though.

My team consists of "random jedi", "an ewok", "a stormtrooper" and Luke. I didn't download a STAR WARS game to control a rag tag band of generic characters. Im not expecting a full group of famous jedi masters 5 minutes into the game but im sure they could do better than this.
The game has the same problem other games in this genre has, they all offer you trickle methods of acquiring (decent/good) heroes through daily logins or quests or whatever, but offers very little up front. Right now i have 1 shard of Lando, 6 shards of Darth Vader, 1 shard of Count Dookoo, 2 shards of Rey, etc etc. It seems im going to get 1-2 shards of each every day, meaning in 40 days i'll suddenly get an avalanche of great heroes. Why not let new players "focus" on aquiring certain heroes faster like "all shards will go towards x hero of your choice" or something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks
I play a "similar" game to this (gacha game Seven Knights) which also had a painfully slow start and i have no idea why i stuck with it but now after ~8 months of playing it is great fun.

It seems Cantina Battles and Arena swapped places on the unlock ladder, some guide i read mentioned doing arena at 10 and Cantina at 28 yet Cantina was the feature unlocking at 10 and i still cannot do Arena.

When the OP says that Cantina credits should be spent on Boba, does that mean i should buy the pack of 5 Boba shards for 400 credits whenever it is available? I am assuming the "refresh" button at the bottom of the shipment screen refreshes the list of stuff you can buy and is not this energy refresh i have seen mentioned. Where can i get the energy refresh? I cannot find it in any menu.

Isn't it better to get QGJ first, seeing as he only costs 25 shards (5 cantina purchases) vs Boba's 16 needed purchases?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

The hero list in the OP, is that the priority i should get the heroes in?
I haven't spent any arena currency yet and was wondering if i should pick Leia first since she only costs 25 hexagons.

Decided to not eat 5 cheeseburgers today and got the $5 pack and luckily got a Count Dookie (who am i kidding, a cheeseburger here costs $15)

Am closing in on the 2k-5k arena bracket; haven't lost a fight yet. (Not that impressive i guess since one can cherry pick the opponent)
How should one in general pick arena members? Right now i am using 2 tanks (4* Chewie, 2* RG) and 2 healers (3* counsular, 3* vampire chick) as well as Count Dookie. I also have 3* Luke, 3* Veers.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jun 30, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks! I am working on Boba and Lando, am halfway to unlocking both. Gonna use arena credits on STH.

Getting the hang of the game and the rhythm in doing hard modes for RG, easy ones for gear, cantina for Lando and Boba.

Speaking of guild, do any of the goon guilds have room?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I recently started playing the game, less than a week ago.

First impressions are not great. I had virtually no heroes, not even enough to fill my Light Side team (and on darkside i only had a single dude) and there didn't look like there was any fast ways as a new player to get new dudes.
You do get a few dudes on the first few million maps at least, so theres that. However, ever since getting those guaranteed guys i have not gotten any more heroes, despite being as active as it is possible to be without spending money. I have gotten a bit closer to unlocking a few heroes (60 shards on lando, 30 on Boba, 10 on STH) but its still several days until i get Lando and weeks for Boba/STH. I also have gotten some poo poo tier heroes from the fleet battle events you gradually unlock as you level. Other than that i have had no meaningful progress towards any heroes.
Even though i have a full light and dark side team (of mostly random NPC poo poo heroes) they are still only 3*. To get them to 7* i need 330 shards (minus whatever they are worth at their current *) which is really loving demoralizing considering i get like 2 shards towards Lando/Boba/STH per day on average and no shards for any of the other guys.
It is not really a bad game and there is a decent amount of things to do. Progress is far too slow however, particularly as a new player. Since the game is almost 2 years old (?) i would have expected there to be a lot of catch up mechanics by now. Getting a free 7* during the first week would not be outrageous. Maybe as a reward from completing a long chain of "tutorial quests" or similar.
I joined the goon guild this weekend and to even be able to do any guild stuff i need a 7* hero just to participate in the raid. Do they expect to be able to retain new players that solely play with other new players? Games like these at this age recruit through word of mouth and people will want to play with, and be a bit carried, by their high level friends. No such thing in this game.

I will continue to play another week to see if the game gets more fun when i get Lando and/or more avenues of progress open up.

This game survives solely on the merit of being a Star Wars game. If this had been another generic Korean anime gacha squad battle game with identical mechanics people would have noped out of it a long time ago, i assume. I certainly would have.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 3, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

I want to say you're wrong, but I've been trying to find another game like it to also play, and each one I can't seem to get into, so you're probably right. I was bored by the Final Fantasy one (I bailed pretty early, it may get interesting later), and one mentioned in here (Seven Knights, I think?) by someone had a loading page with a bunch of scantily clad anime girls, which made me say, "Ehhhhh, nah."

Seven Knights is my "other game". I have a low tolerance for anime and i can stand Seven Knights just fine. They are very generous with fremium currency as well as straight up giving you "special" heroes several times per month. (special heroes would be the equivalent of chromium pack only heroes in SWGoH) There is no energy mechanic, "play as much as you like" as well as a host of different game modes (like 10)

SWGoH has its own unique features, i particularly like the targeted farming of heroes (despite the rate being extremely low). Targeted farming is not something that exists in 7k. The sim ticket thing is also very nice. In 7k you can auto play to a larger extent but it still actually plays through it instead of simming it. Galactic Warfare looks interesting. Raids being a cooperative guild effort over several days is also interesting (why the gently caress is it going to take a new player 6 motnhs to be able to raid, do they really not want to recruit fresh blood to the game?)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

In my shipments for guild credits i only have Jawa Engineer, Rey and Ima-Gun-Di, while the OP mentions a bunch of other heroes. Do these regularly cycle or do i need higher level to get more options?
Should i buy Jawa Engineer for now, even though he is a bit down on the list in the OP?

Also completed my first round of GW and got 1200 GW credits. Should i keep buying Biggs for these (first on the list) and keep returning to buy him every time the shipment refreshes or should i buy 3 different shards once per day?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Disappointment is not Far Far Away

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks for adding my low level rear end to your friendlist. Having high level 7* dudes is helpful for progress.

I have a couple of gear related questions.

1. It doesn't look like power level increases when you go from e.g. Gear lvl IV with a full set of gear to gear level V with no gear. Is there any point in spending a lot of energy in grinding out the last slot of someones gear level if i have no gear to equip on them once i upgrade their gear level?

2. It looks like different gear slots have different levels of power. E.g. on Count Doofus at Gear V i can put on an item that grants 10 AGI in one slot and an item that grants 350 health/2 speed/40 special damage in another slot. The second item looks far better. Are there any general guidelines to which items are better or should i just look at each equipment slot at each gear level?

3. When grinding out components for gear and using the find function i see that the items drop "everywhere" in the game, e.g. from world 3, 5 and 7. Will the items be easier to get in world 7, like they are the rare drop in world 3, uncommon drop in world 5 and common drop in world 7? With QGJinners on my friendslist i can probably tackle higher worlds than what i am farming now and am wondering if that will icnrease the drop rates for my low level gear?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks!

I am gradually noticing that certain heroes do more for my success than others, i guess i should focus on gearing up those heroes to, say, gear level 5, instead of trying to get all my dudes up to 4?

I got Bobba Fat and Stormtrooper Han today. Should i continue sharding them up to 7* or pick the next hero on the list for their respective currency?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Definitely focus on a core group of 5 dudes for arena. For a new player that's something like boba, lando, sth +2. The +2 can vary depending on who you already have. Lumi, Biggs, K2, RG are all reasonable choices. But Boba/Lando/STH are pretty critical because 1. They are awesome through the whole game and 2. They are scoundrels.

I have Count Doofus, General Veers, Royal Guard (not clear to me yet why the OP recommends this guy, he is a wet paper towel at 2* gear V), Grand Moff Tarkin and Biggs 3* with 4* tomorrow. Dooku and Tarkin seems to be pretty decent, Dooku does a lot of damage and Tarkin keeps debuffing the enemies. Biggs haven't done anything useful at all yet, he is another hero it is not clear to me why the OP recommends.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Great stuff guys, thanks.

The game is getting more fun as i am getting more heroes and activities to do. Also i got 8 Lando shards in 8 cantina romps today, which is nice. 3 more shards to 5*.

I do have Tarkin, TFP, RG and Snowtrooper. Stormtrooper is a whopping 50 shards away, and it doesn't look like i will be able to upgrade Snowtrooper (his shards are in world 7 or higher).

Getting a bit tired of seeing Chewie, Jedi Counsular and Vampire Healer Chick on the enemy team in every single pvp activity i do though. Looking forward to matching against a bit more group variety. Todays arena matches literally had those 3 in every match.
Speaking of which, how important are healers? Jedi Counsular seems useful for keeping my team healthy throughout a GW campaign, but today he got gangbanged in the second battle and died. For PVE content i just use one of your 7* supermen and everything instantly dies, negating the need for a healer.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

5 starred Lando. Shall i keep sharding him or go for the next person on the Cantina Battle list? (which happens to be Wedge, which is unavailable as he drops in world 6, while i am stuck in world 4)

I am assuming that in general it is better to go to the next hero on the list once i 4-5* various heroes so i have a versatile roster of dudes, instead of a couple 7*. (On the other hand, 7* unlocks raids and shard shop) (It sucks seeing all those raid prompts in guild info and not being able to participate)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Emperor Buddy Pal event question: I currently have 4 dudes that can participate but can swap my shard farming around to get a 5th during the event which means i can do 3* event (presumably). This won't unlock Palpatine but from what i understand this event comes around every so often. Can i accumulate shards for him over several events or is each tier of the event only doable once per account?
If i cannot do them again next time (and earn shards then as well) there is not much point in doing it now since i won't be able to unlock him at all for this event but by the next event ill probably be much stronger and will be able to get the 5* event done (if not higher)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 14, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Great, thanks. Not going to bother with Palpie at all this time then and rather grab him the next time he shows up.

Another question: What is the shard drop chance on 8 energy cantina battles? Aka how many crystals will it hypothetically cost me to 7* Lando?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks

The tool honestly doesn't make much sense for me, particularly the "Cantina Character Progress" figure at the bottom. It doesn't change with the same amounts as Shard Count further up does

My Lando is 5* with 15/85 towards 6*. That should mean i am lacking 170 shards. The tool states my Cantina Character Progress is 85 shards if i input 15/85 above.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah i play manually (using 4x speed and the auto button) so no worries about spending all my sim tickets.

I use my sim tickets for challenges i have 3*'ed that take a long time to do. Lando's cantina battle in world 1 goes by super fast with aoe skills clearing the whole room so it doesn't take long to burn through my cantina energy.

It is tempting to use all my crystals and go for 7* Lando (and get a 6* Bobba at the same time). Is it a good idea to have a single 7* and a bunch of 3's and 4's or should my roster be more balanced? Will GW be tuned towards me having 7* dudes if i have a single one or does it look at my total power level or some such? Lando is by far my MVP time and time again in GW yet i always struggle with the last few battles. Being able to clear GW every day would get me 50% more Biggs shards, so if 7*'ing lando would help me achieve that instead of turning GW into a rape train full of enemy 7*'s i think i am doing it.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Hit 50 and unlocked mods. How big a deal are these right off the bat?
I only get 1 pip mods, with a chance of getting 2 pips (haven't gotten any yet)
I was able to clear world 1, which all rewards health% set bonuses, but world 2 was too difficult.
Is it worth chucking a set of 6 health bonus modules, and max-leveling them, on my main team? The stats are fairly small, it is mostly the set bonus that is noticeable. It would mean 30% more health on all my main dudes which is quite alright but it would also cost me all my money.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Having decent success with

5*Lando (L), 4*STH, 4*Tarkin, 4*Bobba Phat and 4*JC for both GW (cleared it 3 days in a row now!) and arena (just hit rank 700) They all have Gear VI, with JC having VII.

I also have 4*Dooku, 3*RG, 5*Biggs. (all gear V) Would any of these provide for a better lineup than my current main squad? I honestly have not gotten impressed by Biggs so far. Dooku used to be great when i got him but as i progressed in player and gear levels it felt like other characters overtook him. RG have never impressed me. Maybe i am just not using any of these last 3 correctly.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

How can i increase my success rate at GW? If the strength of the enemies i face are based on my own strength, does that mean its not actually in my best interest to make my dudes stronger?

I have been putting all my effort into a single squad so far (Lando, STH, JC, Bobba, GMT) all at GL6/7 now. All the upgrades from now on are the kind that requires 20 of a purple item, or more. TThe rest of my roster are at like GL2-4 though in the last 2 days i have brought Biggs and TFP up to GL 5. Should i keep GL'ing another squad of 5 dudes to GL6, or all my dudes to GL5 or try to get my main squad to GL7+ ?

GW stresses me out since it strikes me as being rigged (to get us to fork out $) and succeeding the last battle is literally a third of the rewards for the entire day. The last few days i haven't even been able to clear any of the final 3 battles.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Is Phoenix team Ezra, Zeb, Kanan, Hera and Kit?
I suppose those are easy'ish to get. 3 are from Cantina, 1 from GW, 1 from Squad Arena. They all require 25 shards to unlock.

I fought that lineup a few times when i was much lower level and got steamrolled. There was a lot of healing going on and i was never able to kill Zeb/Ezra even with just those 2 remaining. I quite like synergy effects and the "deckbuilding" type of gameplay that this game seems to do a lot better than my "other game". Selfhealing game mechanics seems to me to be quite useufl for GW. Is the Phoenix squad an endgame type of thing or a newbie team that has better alternatives later?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I am about to 7* Lando, and the next recommended Cantina farm is Wedge. He is not available to farm before level 69 and i am 58 so it is quite a while before i can start working on him.

Last time i posted some of you recommended a Phoenix squad. 2 of these are from Cantina which is what i could farm before i get to 69. I mentioned that i met the phoenix squad in SA a couple of times and got wrecked, but in the last few days i have met them in SA again and absolutely steamrolled them. My main goal atm is to get a team that can clear GW for me every day. If my main GW squad (which is also my main SA squad) steamrolls Phoenix in SA does that necessarily mean that my squad is better than Phoenix for GW?
I have read about PS elsewhere as well and the opinions on it are very polarized, they either worship PS or claim they are utterly useless.

Other PS caveats:
Chopper is from Cantina credits. I just 6* Bobba so it might not be a big of a deal to start funneling Cantina credits into Chopper (?)
Zeb is from GW credits. I just 6* Biggs so it might not be a big deal to stop on him for a while and focus on Zeb (?)
Kanan is from SA credits. I just 5* STH so it might not be a crisis if i bench his progress for a while (?)

My main GW squad is
Lando (L), STH, GMT, Bobba, JC (and using Biggs as a stand-in for STH when i need to change the RNG on a GW battle)
My secondary GW squad is
Dooku, TFP, RG, vampire healer chick, Chewie (using Biggs as stand-in for RNG here as well)

TLDR; I guess i want another confirmation wether or not i should go for PS, or a different farm. My main goal is to clear GW every day as i usually fail on the last battle (because its full of 7* level 70 dudes in GL 8)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 26, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

My TFP, as well as my whole secondary GW squad, are all at GL6 but they all have the default * rating. TFP in particular is 2*.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks! Have started building Phoenix Squad.

I had some resources saved up so i unlocked Chopper, Zeb and Kanan today. Should get Hera and Ezra in a couple of days. Curious how an entirely 2* team with GL6 will perform...
I also bought Sabine shards from both guild store and crystal store, that was a bad idea? There was a guy on Youtube that posted 3 long-ish videos reviewing and praising the Phoenix Squad yesterday, and he hadn't worked on Chopper at all, while the rest of his PS was all 7* GL11.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks for the input on PS!
I have gotten all 6 now (Sabine kept popping up in the guild shop) and geared all to Gear VI (except Sabine)
Took them for a spin in GW, and got squashed like a bug on the first battle. Not terribly great first impressions :D Hera, Ezra are 2*, the rest 3*.

The Ewok event was pretty fun. They seemed to do a TON of self healing. Could they be the new PS-type squad for newbies? I already have all of them at a higher shardcount than PS (they don't seem to interfer with PS farming (since they are only from hards or from the shop?)

EDIT: I wrote that they all had Gear IV, i meant that they all have Gear VI

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 30, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, by the time you unlock GW, it's assumed you'd have 5*+ characters, so PS isn't gonna be great in GW until you're in the G7-8 range (when you unlock protection) and get some stars on'em.

GW unlocks almost immediately when you start the game though. Level 8 or so? I don't think i had anyone at 4* even, much less at 5*.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

So after i started using my lowly Phoenix Squad for GW i noticed GW got easier to complete. I am assuming this was due to doing the first fight with a pretty crappy team. Now that my PS have gotten a lot stronger and are creeping up on the power level of my best team GW has gotten a whole lot more challenging. Should i stop leveling/gearing my PS, (who i use for the first 9-10 GW battles) and start powering up my main squad instead? (whom i use for battles 11 and 12) to prevent my PS making the end battles of GW too hard?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I recently hit 60 and unlocked ship battles. I don't find them interesting at all and just fully automate both the arena and the challenges, which has worked fine. I got as high as top 40 or so in the first few days of ship arena. However my ranking has been steadily dropping day after day. I had been neglecting the gear levels and character levels of my pilots since all my pilots except JC are poo poo but i have started gearing and leveling them up now and started climbing in ship arena again.
I have not spent any fleet tokens on ship shards; how important is it to increase the stars on ships? The first star gives a 1,05 multiplier to the pilot power which seems pretty low. Do more stars exponentially increase this?
I am perfectly fine sitting in top100 ship arena as that is a decent amount of tokens and i'd honestly rather spend fleet tokens on Wedge and whatnot.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks!

Thats a lot of decisions i need to make. I suppose i should get 5 ships to 2*, then 5 ships to 3* etc, to progress in challenges, rather than going all in on a single ship.

The reason i have been buying Wedge shards is because getting him in Cantina requires level 69. I have him at 70/80 now so ill buy the last 2 puchases and save the rest for cantina. Chirrut i have at 35/50 so i'll get him soon as well hopefully.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

This game is a pile of poop sometimes
Yesterday i lost every single squad arena and fleet arena fight, and i couldn't finish GW.
It was mostly due to freak luck as well. In one of the squad arena fights the enemy Darth Sidious literally oneshot my team with his aoe. A level 67 Sid with GL8 oneshot all my 65 dudes with GL6/7. In another one every single attack i did was dodged and every enemy attack crit, Ezra oneshot 2 dudes in a row and so did Vader. This game is ludicrously streaky at times, to the point where it feels like their RNG is bugged.
(I once got 25 Lando shards in a row in 25 cantina battles. At another time i had to spend over 200 energy to get a single piece of blue salvage for Ackbars GL4, as the item didn't drop once in ~40 attempts)

The trend in general is that my arena rankings just keep going down. I don't have the bestestest squad or anything but i should be able to get better than rank 1100 in arena, considering how much i play. I cannot believe every other person on my shard is a whale. I have done 3 energy and 3 cantina refreshes every day since i started, and even bought a few crystals to keep this habit up. I also feel i have done "everything right" by farming the recommended heroes and not waste any resources on suboptimal heroes i have a personal attachment to. Even so, my rankings have been steadily going down for a couple of weeks. Now i am at 1100 in Squad Arena and ~180 in Fleet Arena. I used to be ~400 in SqA and ~50 in ShA.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

What's your arena team? Post you GG?

Currently using Lando (L), Ackbar, Ezra, Bobba, Biggs

Notable heroes i have:

Lando 7*
Bobba 5*
Biggs 6*
Ezra 5*
Dooku 4*
STH 5*
Vader 4*
Phoenix Squad 5*
GMT 4*
RG 4*
Ackbar 4*
Windu 4*
Chirrut 3*

All are GL 6 with some at 7 (Dooku is even at 8)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 9, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Oh you're just a little guy. Drop Akbar for Chirrut, drop Biggs for STH/RG. At this stage of the game you need reliable heals and tanking in Arena.

Or just run your Phoenix with Hera lead and see how well that performs.

Thanks!

Using Lando (L), RG, Chirrut, Ezra and Bobba now, and upgraded all of them to GL7. First impressions was bad, with losing the 5 first fights and have another day at sub-1k rankings. Today though i got a few good fights and got back up to 738. The biggest difference i see is that i don't seem to lose ranking any more. Maybe my team looks more intimidating without any blue portrait frames so less people attack me.
When do STH get useful though? RG's auto taunt is nice. I have STH at 7* soon but he seems prett useless. No damage output and paper tank. Last i used him was before the rewamp though.

What is "the best" new player arena team anyways? The teams on my shard is all over the place so i guess there isn't any best team as such?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

So my current gameplan is to be prepared for the 7* version of the legendary events as they arrive. Skipping out on Yoda but i should have a full squad of 7* Phoenix by the time Thrawn comes and the same for Palpie. I have sorta only been considering their star levels; how important is gear for the legendary events? I am going to be severely dissapointed if i have farmed a full squad and end up being unable to finish the 7* stage.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

The Thrawn event is the hardest - it needs Gear 8, Level 80-ish, with good mods.

Palp and Yoda are both quite easy; I cleared Palp with Level 70 rebels in gear 6-8 mostly IIRC. With newer and newly buffed rebels it should be even easier.

Once Thrawn comes back around the recurrence will probably get faster. Palp became bimonthly after the second run of the event, for example.

Thanks. I was fearing the GL requirements might be higher. From what i understood, 7* R2-D2 is quite challenging.

Do we know roughly when Thrawn will return? Palpie/Yoda share the bimonthy rotation, with R2-D2 and Thrawn on a separate and longer rotation? Will he come around in late autumn?

I am a bit undecided if i should get my 5* PS up to 7* now or wait another month and get other good heroes up to 7* meanwhile like Wedge, Rex, maybe one of the Sith from SA tokens (i have DN, Dooku, Maul and Vader so)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Work on thrawn. Get at least most of them to 7*.leave yourself a week to work on them at least. They surprised us with r2, they could do it again.

Get them to 7 and leave a week to work on gear, or work on their stars for a week?

(it's going to take me a month of SA tokens to get Kanan to 7*, which is the slowest grind.)

Another, semi unrelated question:

What is the "correct" way of gearing dudes up after they are full of blue equipment? Those purple pieces that requires 20 (sometimes 50!) salvage take like a full day of energy + 3 refreshes to get, and thats just to get dudes to GL7. It feels like i am missing something. A few outliers are super easy to gear up, both Dooku and Nihilus can get to GL8 without a single piece of purple salvage but Biggs needs a full set of purple things to even get to GL7...

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Some of those purples come from challenge gear. No G7 I've seen requires any purples you need to farm with energy. At Gear 8, the older characters won't require much outside of poo poo you'll get naturally through challenges, but a lot of the new characters require poo poo like bacta gel, holo sims, and carbantis (technically challenge gear, but so many character need this poo poo you'll end up farming it at some point).

So if you need purple gear on a toon and you see a challenge in the list of possible sources, then don't farm that gear anywhere else, work on getting another piece ready for when you'll have enough from challenges, or work on another toon. Buying Mk3 Holo's with crystals for 300 is more cost effective than farming them with energy, so if you find yourself needing one of those, just don't refresh energy for a few days and buy it from the shop, ditto bacta gel.

Also, if you need a piece of challenge gear purples, request that poo poo from the guild. Most of us have metric tons of that poo poo (not mkIII carbantis, we all need those).

Doing the 5 challenges a day only nets like 15 or so salvage pieces though, so it is literally a week per character to get them from GL6 to GL7 at that rate. Does the level 72 challenges drop considerably more purple salvage?

Good point on the gear requesting, i keep forgetting that.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

This is going to sound really paranoid but does drop rates go down if you have enough shards to promote a character but don't promote?

I got my Ezra to 86/85 but am holding off on promoting him for now. Up until that point, he had a near perfect 33% drop rate from cantina (i have been logging the drops). Since then, i have gotten 4 shards in 90 cantina battles. 4 shards in 720 cantina energy... Statistically it should have been 30

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

What makes zFinn so good at GW? Don't you meet the same teams as you could meet in SA?
Does the zFinn GW team require Resistance Trooper or is R2D2 good too? R2 is resistance for some reason, and a lot easier to get than Resistance Trooper

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Resistance Trooper is part of the Core Trio for resistance along with zFinn and Poe. R2, Pilot, and Rey you get to choose two out of three depending on what you're trying to do.

The reason the team is so good for GW is because once they start rolling, they gain massive amounts of ™, and since that carries over in galactic war, you'll often clear entire enemy teams before they get a turn.

Alright. Was hoping he was skipable since he seems like a rough farm. The rest of the resistance aren't too bad.
Good point about TM carrying over, i didn't think of that.

Mister Blueberry posted:

Resistance ar egreat for so many things btw, and GW is just one of those things.

You get the speed mods, which are great. You get a LS team able to easily beat the lvl9 Hard Light side battles. A decent arena team on attack. And one of the best teams for HAAT, good in phases 2, 3 and 4.

Ah darn, another bunch of guys i am going to want to farm asap :(

I am a bit overwhelmed with choices atm. I have Lando, STH, Biggs at 7*. Phoenix Squad are all going to be 7* in about a week (with Kanaan lagging a bit behind). That takes care of 7* Palpie and 7* Thrawn.

I guess Yoda is skippable for the time being and i should focus on R2D2 then CLS after Palpie/thrawn? Do R2D2 require a specific team or can i bring any 7* empire heroes at G8'ish? Palpie, thrawn, TFP, Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper? Maybe Vader instead of ST, he is 5*+25 atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I genuinely thought ROLO was Raid (Han) Solo