Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo! Looks like raid-only gear shards are now in the raid shop. Might be worth saving up for some of those instead of trying for the new characters. Rey shards remain a high priority, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Disco De Soto posted:

Yes I meet Sid in every battle, and yes he loving SUCKS. He's the perfect counter to my Jedi heal team. I feel like he's just a little overpowered, like maybe his dodge is too high or his healing immunity lasts too long. It's another reason why I love my IG-86 - he can usually gently caress Sids poo poo up.

The good news is you'll see him less and less as you keep on leveling, since he falls off hard and eventually becomes pretty drat weak except as a specific counter to the exact squad you're describing. Thus less people want to go all in on hard countering that one team comp, thus you'll have an easier time of it

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Jibo posted:

I would actually highly recommend both shows to anyone interested in seeing lightsaber fights and learning who half the characters in this game are.

None of the folks in this clip except for Vader are in the game, right? But it's canon enough that we can probably expect them to show up eventually?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

cowofwar posted:

I'm getting bumped in to the 100s every night now so I need a better arena squad. Currently running dooku/lum/poggle/ig86/qgj

Poggle and IG-86 are dragging you down - they're both really synergy-based characters, and putting them on a squad with one total droid and one total Geonosian is a half measure. In terms of temporary replacements, I'd go with Phasma and Kylo, maybe Phasma and Ahsoka. If you do the latter, use QGJ as your leader, such that Phasma is your slowest member and she gets to fill up everyone's turn meter after they've taken their QGJ-boosted first turn. That way you get a super-fast double alpha strike that should be able to kill off one or two enemies and leave you with smooth sailing

As two_step mentioned, RG is really good and you should focus him. Also focus Rey - buy her in the guild shop whenever she's available. The setups I recommended are a little weak on defense so you might still get knocked down a fair amount, but they should perform better than what you're currently running and give you some very clean offensive victories

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

I have no idea how whaleish my shard is but I am hovering around rank 2000 and all of the teams are 6+ levels higher than mine, so even when their star level or gear sucks it's really hard to win fights because my stuff just gets constantly resisted and dodged. When I stopped playing I was hanging in the t50 fairly easily too :I

This is kinda a frustrating issue for player retention in that it seems like there's no mechanic whatsoever for catching up to your immediate context if you take a break longer than a day or two. Similar games offer the ability to switch to a younger server/shard, or just straight up don't measure rewards in terms of your performance compared to people who started playing at the same time as you

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone here Kizzy Jean or Luis Yavok? We've got one spot open in QGJ and folks with those names trying to get in. If you're goons, you're accepted

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The bottom three slots in the guild shop are all raid-exclusive gear. One of them is necessary for Geo Soldier X, one for QGJ X, and one for Lumi IX, so I'm happy with all those options

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Jibo posted:

The Lumi piece has only shown up for more money than I have. :( At this rate I'm looking at weeks before I get her up to gear 9.

As far as I can tell, the three components are always there, but they show up during each interval at randomly assigned packs of 5, 10, and 25. Sounds like you've just gotten an unlucky run of 25-packs?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Skilleddk posted:

I'm unsure on what characters to grind for now. I got the following 7 starred / max lvl (for my player lvl)

Chewie
Old Daka
Phasma
Luminara
Jedi Consular
IG-88
Sidious

I got nothing to spend arena / gal war / cantina shipments on. I've been collecting some HK-74 and IG-86 droid shards, to maybe make a droid team. And been spending my cantina / hardmode battles making a first order team (Kylo Ren / First order TIE Pilot)

any suggestions what path to take? or perhaps keep gearing the main squad? I'd have to unlock the latter campaign levels for that, which is kinda tough

QGJ from Cantina because he's one of the top five overall characters in the game. Ackbar from Arena and Teebo from Galactic War because their turn meter manipulation makes them both beasts in the Rancor raid, and Ackbar's debuff clear gives him particular utility in phase 1 of it

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
QGJ is not in fact full at the moment, so please send me an application request and I'll get you in

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Make it Phasma (L) instead of Mob Enforcer because she can get fairly reliable defense down on her basics, and she can dramatically crank up the rate of everyone else's attacks and thus their procs

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

Just getting a Phasma and getting her to 4* has massively increased the amount of damage I can do in the raid. Of course I still can't do poo poo to the door guards.

Yo can I just say how much I appreciate that the Rancor ain't poo poo compared to a pair of portly hogs who stand around and say cusses at your team

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

Ohh, yeah, if you guys just started T6, I'm so very sorry. It took us about 4 days and felt miserable. We're waiting until June to try again.

Yup, this is what happened. We were killing T5 quickly enough that we were facing a lot of downtime, so I suggested we try a T6 and use its longer duration to build up a reserve of guild currency to do a bunch of fast T5s again once we were done. In retrospect, that was a huge mistake and I'm very sorry to the whole guild for pushing for it!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
God drat is RG strong. I've been keeping him out of Galactic War because he's still only 5 stars and I like my all 7-star, all gear level 8 or 9 hybrid Jedi healing / assassination squad of QGJ (L), Lumi, JC, Dooku, and GS. Now that turn meters carry over between battles, I can usually kill one enemy and stun another before they get a chance to act, and then out-heal their now limited DPS

But I found myself in a tricky situation: my Dooku had taken a pretty bad beating last round, and I was up against a high-level, 7-star, well-equipped pure DPS squad of Lumi (L), IG-86, IG-88, GS, and Sid. Running a few iterations of my A squad resulted in at least one or two dying, so I thought I might use a B squad to soften them up, but then had another thought: just sub out the injured Dooku for an RG

What a beast. He was throwing around stuns left and right (especially with two characters that can call in assists on the team), and despite triggering his taunt three separate times during the battle, that pure DPS squad didn't even manage to get through all of his Protection. I'm gonna have to see what swapping Dooku out for him on a more permanent basis looks like

Which, by the way, I really appreciate that the recent nerfs have finally put Dooku into a reasonable place. He's still really strong as a leader and as an anti-Jedi CC monster, but the changes to how countering works mean that Dooku isn't attacking 8 times in a row anymore every time he shows up in Arena (which is, of course, all the time)

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
If anyone in the QGJ guild was sitting out of raiding because T6 is such bullshit, good news! We've beaten it and are going to marathon a bunch of T5s starting in 15 minutes. Be there, or be square!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I honestly forget what I need to do to invite people / accept applications, but I'm an officer in QGJ and very active, so if someone reminds me, I can accept GGA refugees and kick long-term QGJ inactives as necessary

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Ahdinko posted:

So I've 7 starred Lumi & Phasma, what should I get next from the GW tokens? Is Biggs any good after the changes?

https://swgoh.gg/u/ahdinko/

Some strong options:

Teebo (Incredible at Rancor-killing, pretty mediocre everywhere else)
IG-86 (Part of a super-strong droid Arena team with guys like IG-88, B2, HK47, and Jawa Engineer)
Dathcha (Likely going to be good against droid raid, plus there are only 5 Jawas so you need him for the Crit Damage Mod Challenge)

Aside from that, anyone you need to shore up another Mod Challenge team isn't a bad idea. So Cad Bane (also can be used for Credit Heist), Biggs, Magma Trooper, Resistance Pilot. Probably lower priorities though unless you're jonesing for the specific mod they help you get

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Thinking of giving this game another whirl as other mobile games lose their shine. Does anyone know if there's a way to reset my account and start from level 1? I'd prefer to be just starting from scratch on a new shard, rather than be lapped for like half a year's worth of content by everyone on my old shard

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like the only way is to register a new Game Center account, so I think I'm going to wait until I get bored of any other iOS games I'm playing right now that require Game Center logins and make a new one then. Fortunately, Fire Emblem Heroes is on a Nintendo account, so that one's safe

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I've successfully started my new account and gotten into the rhythm of things, so I was hoping someone could please give a quick overview of the first characters I ought to be trying to farm from each source

Additionally, if anyone has a friend list slot to spare, please add me at 334-575-634. Thank you so much, Star Wars goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Ineptitude posted:

What is "the best" new player arena team anyways? The teams on my shard is all over the place so i guess there isn't any best team as such?

I started in May of this year and have consistently been getting top 20 in squad arena on my shard, completely F2P. The shard itself is pretty whaley - I'd estimate 90% or more of the top 50 are using paid comps (mostly Chaze rebels, a few triple cleanse, a few Empire, a few Sith)

I use Wedge lead, Biggs, ST Han, Fett, Lando. Currently gearing up R2 to eventually replace Fett. The trick is that Han is garbage without insane speed. Mine is 214 speed and that's like, viable on my shard but still not super fast. You need to get him a 5-dot speed arrow and mods with speed secondaries in all his other slots. If he goes first (or practically, before any enemy CC or one-SoT kills), he starts generating infinite turn meter advantage very quickly