Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
We could use more goons in the overflow guild if anyone is around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Is there? I'll jump in if there is

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Stormtrooper Han with preloaded TM is a great Baze counter.

Why?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ghetto Prince posted:

This is loving stupid. I'm in my mid 20's and still wasting time and money on pointless bullshit because it has goddamn lightsabers.

What's the best $10 - $20 dollar pack for someone starting out now? Preferably with characters from the movies.

Started 5 weeks ago. I am level 69 and top 100 arena and top 30 fleet. Follow the guide.
Focus lando, stormtrooper han, boba, biggs, and pick your bro for 5

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I have two very active rl friends waiting for a spot if it opens

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Get'em in Roccinate.

They wanted to join a guild with me. If we have other people ill tell them to hold off

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I was given the ok for qgj.. Sent their ally codes in discord

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Kly posted:

Is this game fun if you never spend money on it?

Yes. But also its a horrible grinding slog. But also fun and addicting.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Seven Knights is my "other game". I have a low tolerance for anime and i can stand Seven Knights just fine. They are very generous with fremium currency as well as straight up giving you "special" heroes several times per month. (special heroes would be the equivalent of chromium pack only heroes in SWGoH) There is no energy mechanic, "play as much as you like" as well as a host of different game modes (like 10)

SWGoH has its own unique features, i particularly like the targeted farming of heroes (despite the rate being extremely low). Targeted farming is not something that exists in 7k. The sim ticket thing is also very nice. In 7k you can auto play to a larger extent but it still actually plays through it instead of simming it. Galactic Warfare looks interesting. Raids being a cooperative guild effort over several days is also interesting (why the gently caress is it going to take a new player 6 motnhs to be able to raid, do they really not want to recruit fresh blood to the game?)

I started mid June. I have 5 7* characters and 9 6*. I'm on track to 7* palpatine in 9 days. It's not hard, follow the guide to start with and branch off.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Kly posted:

i just read the guide in the OP and its a pretty big bummer to find out the chromium packs have such a low chance for a character. ive only gotten one so it was the guaranteed character (ayla) but i get why people complain about the grind now.

She's amazing

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Mister Blueberry posted:

Chirpa's drop rate has always been abysmal, so don't cry when you get zero shards with 4 refreshes

I thought they had the same drop rates

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

7 star Palpatine battle was way easier than I was expecting. I've been prepping my Rebels for 2 weeks in prep. Guess I went over board. 3 starred it in less than 30 seconds

Same

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

Well poo poo, sounds like I should have made him a priority a while ago. I got him up to 5 star a while ago for some Empire event (only chose him because I also had Tie Fighter, so I figured might as well add some power there), so at least I'm not too far behind. Thanks everyone!

Are you in qgj? By the way I'm reading your let's read terrible star wars books. It's fantastic.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

That would have been really cool^

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Our damage on the tank is definitely going up. We are killing it faster and faster each time. From 6 days when I joined down to 3ish

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Daring droid is back on the 3rd

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I have room in GQJ
Speaking of, SM has two openings. Any of you QGJ people want to move over?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Tadashi and Zox are in. QGJ has three openings. Two of you count mal's alt

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Popete posted:

Can I get an invite into a Goon guild, level 85.

166-327-819

Yeah I'll invite you

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Popete posted:

The Cubs much like the Rebel Alliance are the ultimate under dog story.

Invited you. I thought I recognized you from somewhere. Also weren't you qgj before this? Did you take a break?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Canemacar posted:

How many goon guilds are there?

2, with a third non goon guild run by a goon.
Qgj is fairly active atm. Rancor is about to go up in an hour

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Popete posted:

Thanks! Simple enough, though I'll likely miss ever actually doing damage to Rancor like my last guild.

2 pm us central is the time I'm going to be running for a week or so. I'm going to see who is able to get damage in at 2 vs at 1. Trying to maximize everyone's chance at damaging the rancor.
I'm trying to be more strict on the rancor damage hold since some people ignore it.
If you break the rule, next rancor you don't get to damage it at all (beyond 0 damage) if you ignore the punishment kicked from the guild for a bit. Maybe a week or two?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ok fine I'll stay causal. Here I am just trying to dissolve the Senate and y'all just protestin away

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Work on thrawn. Get at least most of them to 7*.leave yourself a week to work on them at least. They surprised us with r2, they could do it again.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Hey something maulful goons, maybe we send 10 GQJ goons to SM, and 10 SM goons to QGJ and run heroic on both guilds. I feel like that will mitigate how fast you guys take it down, and help some other SM members get more GK shards.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

fishtobaskets posted:

You should restart, even if its a pain. You're now hopelessly behind the rest of your arena group and ship arena group. If you start from scratch you can be competitive. Level 35 isnt too far into the game so you arent losing much. You'll rapidly make up for it by placing higher in arena and having the goon advantage in strategy.

Agreed. it takes maybe 2 days to get back to 35. Follow the guide. Also I think the alt goon guild has openings. When Qui-gon goon has an opening I'll let you know.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Remember to follow the guide. It might not be the best to not farm your favorite guys, but getting lando, stormtrooper han, and boba early will help you dominate.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

wisdomHNOX posted:

Is it going to take as long as it seems like it will? And am I supposed to farm them all the way to 7 stars or just unlock and move on?

I mean. You can unlock and move on. I'd recommend 5* for mid challenges and at least 1 character to 7* asap. So you can do raids. Raiding let's you get guild currency which lets you farm rey and other cool characters

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

There is a page for hermit yoda that isn't a video somewhere

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I'll be working on hoth guys for you friends

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

wisdomHNOX posted:

If both goon guilds are full, it's still in my best interest to be in a pubbie guild instead of no guild at all right?

Yes, but there should be an opening in another goon lead guild.
For QGJ. Good job killing the tank in 13 hours. Maybe if no one has to leave soon, we can try it on hard with a few SM friends

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Jk qgj has an opening. Post your ally code for an invite

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

wisdomHNOX posted:

451-145-754

Edit: Thanks I got the invite but apparently I have to wait before I can accept because the game locks you out if you try to join after leaving another guild too quickly?

Sent. Rancor today if you have any 7 star characters. If not, try to get a 7* asap.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Jorge Bell posted:

I started an overflow Guild called Revenge of Doom House because I got kicked out of Something Maulful (for being too awesome), I will copy everything the other guilds do as far as raid times but this is 50 more slots to play around with.

Ally code is 537-989-169 (Cool Mike) for invites.

Yeah I invited you to QGJ and you never accepted. I'm still on your friend list

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

QGJ folk. Vets should wait a few hours before throwing anything into platoon. If you play frequently, maybe wait until there's a few hours left to throw guys in platoon. It also lets newbies feel like they're contributing more/their clone wars chewie is probably weaker than yours. Aka yours is worth more to deploy.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

QGJ is at 18(so close to 19). Next time we shkuld. Be able to hit 22+ if we are a little better prepared.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

QGJ has an opening. Hurry up if you want to make it in time for the new TB

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Canemacar posted:

So how far back from HAAT did Cesar leaving set us?

Assuming we get another member soon and no one leaves? Maybe a month? A few people are closing in on Zetas that will drastically increase tank damage

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

Stay safe you goons in Florida.

Also, only 61 Mk 9 BioTech's away from a G12 cool command luke.

You are our shining light in qgj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

tadashi posted:

Any weird ideas for a CLS-led arena team for someone who doesn't have Chaze (but I have Wiggs)? I just got him to G11 and would like to see what I can do with him. Obviously, I be avoiding zBarris. I also have a single zeta R2.

Go cubs