Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

lol I don't ever think thats gonna happen. I'm almost always out of the drat things.

At what level? Once you get to 70 or so, money is usually the chokepoint, promoting guys to 7*s costs 1 million credits and each level past 70 is something like 200K per level. I have tons of droids, but am usually out of cash (thanks to double GW I have 1.5 mil, I would have more but I just got Poggle to 7* and Rey to 6*).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

cowofwar posted:

I'm getting bumped in to the 100s every night now so I need a better arena squad. Currently running dooku/lum/poggle/ig86/qgj

Help me pick a better squad:

Poggle
Lum
Barriss
Savage
Eeth
Qgj
Kylo
Sid
Dooku
Ig86
Jc
Phasma
Asajj
Ahsoka

Chewie
Yoda
Ig88
Rp
Biggs

Obi
Daka
Vader
GS

No RG? I am running Dooku (6*)/Lumi (7*)/QGJ (7*)/RG (5*)/GS (7*) and I stay in the top 30 or so mostly. I need to get everyone up to 7*, RG is close to 6*, but I am trying to get a Yoda team together. I think I might switch out Daka for Lumi once I get my Daka at 7 and leveled up too.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
swgohgg just added a feature where they can pull your characters from the servers. Instructions at https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4ia0oi/swgohgg_introducing_collection_sync/

For example, here is my page: http://swgoh.gg/u/twostep/collection/

Probably worth adding a column on the spreadsheet for people's link. Also, when you are asking for team building, linking your collection will make it a lot easier for people to give you advice

Edit: Also, it collects up everyone in the guild who created an account there, so you can see the whole guild at http://swgoh.gg/g/145/ima-goondi/

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Stalkerr posted:

I just unlocked Dooku and Daka this morning. :toot:

I'm going to go for one more star on Daka and then start working on unlocking QJG.

Almost have my entire team up to Gear VII, for protection. Too bad it only lasts for the first few GW battles before it's gone. Since I'm pouring my resources into my main team, I don't really have a "B" team, unless you count the random level 40 characters I haven't touched in a week. Usually in GW I just get my 400 points, buy Lumi, and then run through a few more nodes until I hit the last few, then I quit for the day. The only GW I completed was my very first one.

Barriss is what you want for finishing GW. Since I started leading with her, I have not missed a GW. Get her up to 5-6* and she will take you through GW no prob.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Folks are claiming on Reddit that T7 is miles easier than T6, one dude claims that if everyone has a 7* team of phasma, rey, GS, rex, and QGJ (lol 7* rex, but perhaps there is a farmable replacement?) you can finish the T7 raid super quick. No idea how true this is, and no idea how many people in the guild even have 1 full 7* team (we could know this if everyone did the swgoh.gg thing and marked themselves public, right now we only have like 20 guys on there), but might be worth thinking about in the future.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

cowofwar posted:

I've sunk a lot in to Chewbacca, he should be the best tank in the game.

Don't write Chewie out yet... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq7ujK0nSWQ (from https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4jkp15/an_update_on_my_cad_bane_review_serious_raid/)

Too bad Rex isn't available right now, even if you were willing to spend to get him. He seems super useful.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
FYI, the list of characters for the omega things is sort of out. They said which faction for each day, and someone on Reddit made a list (https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4k5ynn/list_of_usable_characters_for_the_omega_event/). You need to be player level 75, and the battle is supposedly tuned for three level 78 3* characters. You need to have 3 3* characters each day, so you might want to get started farming if you are short any days. Here is the list, for those that are scared of reddit:

code:
May 21-22

Bespin : Rebels and Geonosian

Rebels:

Admiral Ackbar (Arena)
    Biggs Darklighter (GW)
    Han Solo
    Hoth Rebel Scout
    Lando Calrissian
    Lobot
    Storm Trooper Han (Arena)
    Leia
    Luke
    Wedge

Geonosian

Geonosian Soldier
    Poggle the Lesser (GW)
    Sun Fac

Coruscant : Empire and Ewoks

Empire:

Darth Vader
    General Veers
    Grand Moff Tarkin (Arena)
    Magmatrooper (GW)
    Royal Guard
    Snowtrooper
    Stormtrooper (Cantina)

Ewoks

Chief Chirpa
    Ewok Elder
    Ewok Scout
    Teebo (GW)

May 28-29

Dathomir : Jedi and Tusken

Jedi:

Aayla Secura
    Ahsoka Tano (Cantina)
    Barriss Offee
    Eeth Koth (Arena)
    Grand Master Yoda
    Ima-Gun Di
    Jedi Consular
    Jedi Knight Anikin
    Jedi Knight Guardian (Cantina)
    Kit Fisto
    Luminara Unduli (GW)
    Mace Windu
    Old Ben
    Qui-Gon Jin (Cantina)

Tusken:

Tusken Raider (GW)
    Tusken Shaman
    URoRRuR'R'R (Urororururrurororur)

Hoth : Sith and Droids

Sith

Count Dooku
    Darth Maul
    Darth Sidious (Arena)
    Darth Vader
    Savage Opress (Arena)

Droids

General Grievous
    HK-47 (Arena)
    IG-100
    IG-86 (GW)
    IG-88 (Arena)

June 4-5

Jakku : First Order and Jawas

First Order:

Captain Phasma
    First Order Officer (Cantina)
    First Order Stormtrooper
    First Order TIE Pilot
    Kylo Ren

Jawa

Dathcha (GW)
    Jawa
    Jawa Engineer

Imperial Fleet : Resistance and Clones

Resistance

Finn
    Poe Dameron (Cantina)
    Resistance Pilot (GW)
    Resistance Trooper
    Rey

Clones

Clone Sergeant - Phase 1
    CT-21-0408 "Echo"
    CT-5555 "Fives" (Cantina)
    CT-7567 "Rex"

The quick list of characters unusable for the whole event is

Nute Gunray
    Boba Fett
    Cad Bane
    Clone Wars Chewbacca
    Mob Enforcer
    Gamorrean Guard
    CUP
    All Nightsisters besides (kinda) Ahsoka
    Ugnaught
    Greedo?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Stock up on droids now, we are apparently all getting the droid event next week (the one that was Android only). You need 3 droids at 2*, 4*, 6* for the 3 different tiers, maybe someone who did it before can chime in with how leveled they have to be.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Maybe we could try heroic once, too? From what I read the boss HP is reduced by 70% compared to T6?

The main issue is that you don't get a refresh and can only use 7* guys. Folks on Reddit were saying you need something like 3-4 full 7* teams per person. According to https://swgoh.gg/g/145/ima-goondi/ we are pretty close to that, but maybe more folks could add themselves to that site so we could judge if we have enough people?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

To be fair, the 4m damage was only one attempt and by the time I finished, the raid was already on phase 4.

What team? I am working on getting my Teebo leveled up, and want to figure out who else I should be working on.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I got chirpa to 6, because ewoks. They are actually a pretty fun team, hopefully they will release a 5th one soon so I can do an all ewok team. I have them all to 6, and teebo to 7

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

WerrWaaa posted:

I'm under the impression that Lumi is still a good attacker, no? With the ability block does she keep up?

I'm still working on Rey, as well as QGJ and ST Han so I can get through more LS missions. RG is also on my radar once I unlock more farmable locations for him.

Lumi is OK, but once you start getting to level 70+ and running into lots of Reys, she is much less useful. I run Dooku/Rey/Daka/RG/QGJ, everyone but RG and Dooku are 7* (RG is close to 7, Dooku is 25/100, so a while yet), and all at least G8. I still drop down from the top 5 to ~16 or so every day. All my competition is full 7*, I think I need to finish up RG/Dooku to make myself less of a target. I might switch from Dooku to Old Ben I guess at some point, it seems like most of the top tier teams are using him on my shard.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Some info from the game files on reddit:

quote:

Assemble an all female squad and use 5 attempts per day to battle against droids. Win and you’ll not only be contributing to charity but also earning credits and character shards.

Assemble a squad of female heroes and destroy some droids! Intended for levels 25+

Reach Level 25 to Unlock this Event

Upgrade the star-level of your Clone Trooper and Rebel characters to dominate in the Assault Battles: Military Might event! \n\nThe pack guarantees a mix of shards (12 in total) from a set of 12 Rebel and Clone Trooper characters specifically chosen for this Event. Use the bonus Credits of up to 72K to further Promote, Train, and Gear up your Rebel squads. \n\nMaximum of 5 purchases per day, until pack expiry. Purchase count resets everyday at midnight.

Upgrade the star-level of your Clone Trooper and Rebel characters to dominate in the Assault Battles: Military Might event! \n\nThe pack guarantees a mix of shards (26 in total) from a set of 12 Rebel and Clone Trooper characters specifically chosen for this Event. Use the bonus Credits of up to 156K to further Promote, Train, and Gear up your characters.\n\nMaximum of 5 purchases per day, until pack expiry. Purchase count resets everyday at midnight.

There is also a bit of info hinting at a new raid. It appears to involve a http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_Assault_Tank and turrets that can be killed, possibly respawning like phase 1 of the rancor? There is also a special ability, called Airstrike, that happens in phase 3. Ill update as I find more info!

Time to work on the all-female teams I guess

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Disco De Soto posted:

Cool that we got another droid. What's the chance of getting the character from the Aurodium Card rather than just shards?

Supposedly about 1/10

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

I'm liking my HK/86/88/Pogsworth/RG arena team right now. They punch above their weight. Just need to get RG and Pogsworth to Lvl 7 gear and I'll hopefully consistently be above 1000 ranking so I can get 400 shekels a day.

For the Galactic Chore, can someone point out who to replace in this team: Lumi/QGJ/JC/86/RG? Was thinking about replacing 86 w/ some Jedi, but don't know if that makes sense.

fake edit: I'm level 62 if that makes a difference.

GW is way, way easier with Barriss as your lead, so get her.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

cowofwar posted:

No love for jawa squads?

I'd build a Jawa squad. Given their past history, I think it is likely that they will end up making events that need squads of all the various factions/sub groups, so making sure you have at least 2 or 3 of every kind of dude seems like a good idea to me

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
We should maybe try to organize the 3 goon guilds to put all the guys with t7 teams in one guild. As for good t6 (or t5) p1 teams, I have been running teebo, qgj, Rey, phasma, ewok elder. I have Rey maxed out, but teebo is still missing one last scanner to get to 80% potency. That team is good enough for 1.8 mil or so damage in p1, and I just tried it in p4 and did 680k or so. Maxing out teebo would push that up a lot (or if they ever fix him so his leader skill stops dropping him out of stealth early from his special). I did this without phasma even level 80, and she wasn't geared up that much, but having her slow as well as emergency TM boost is super useful. She is a lot easier to farm than ewok scout or RG too, so probably a good team for folks to shoot for

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I went through IGD's roster in game and updated the spreadsheet with a guess as to how many 7* teams people could field in a T7. One oddity is a dude named j6 in guild, and I couldn't find starret though he is on the spreadsheet. Did he rename himself?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

two_step posted:

As for good t6 (or t5) p1 teams, I have been running teebo, qgj, Rey, phasma, ewok elder. I have Rey maxed out, but teebo is still missing one last scanner to get to 80% potency. That team is good enough for 1.8 mil or so damage in p1, and I just tried it in p4 and did 680k or so. Maxing out teebo would push that up a lot (or if they ever fix him so his leader skill stops dropping him out of stealth early from his special). I did this without phasma even level 80, and she wasn't geared up that much, but having her slow as well as emergency TM boost is super useful. She is a lot easier to farm than ewok scout or RG too, so probably a good team for folks to shoot for

Just ran this team again in p4, did 916k damage (plus another 1.6 mil or so in p1 yesterday)

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I also am running dooku/daka/rey/qgj/rg, but I have noticed I am dropping a whole lot more in the last week or so overnight. I suspect it is all the Old Ben/STH guys, so I probably need to switch. I wanted to get Lando up to 5 or even 6 stars before I went back to Old Ben, but oh well...

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
IGD goons, please log in and run the t7 raid at least once. Even last place gets a Han Solo shard. We need everyone to run it so we can finish it. It seems that t7 isn't that bad, though we still have the last phase to burn through

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
My t7 rewards:

Not bad at all. I think we should be able to clear the next one on our own, which would be nice

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Oh, FYI, since it wasn't mentioned here, IGD is doign our 2nd T7 raid. We are still waiting for a couple folks to log in and poke it before we hopefully finish it up, so if you are in IGD and haven't done the raid today, get going

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

cowofwar posted:

I am still getting comedy 3* teams on my last node, what's up with that?

The theory is that it is looking for teams with 120% or so of the power of the highest power arena team you have ever won with and can't find one, so it generates that goofy placeholder team. Supposedly you can break things even more by putting together a 40K power arena team of bad people that are given high power ratings by the game and then you get 3 broken teams at the end, but I think you just face those murder teams a little earlier. I wouldn't try this, because if they ever fix it, you might end up facing 6 murder teams at the end of your GW every day.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone have a list of the top say 10 characters that we should be maxing out for Raids?

I've already maxed out Rey and QGJ so I'm trying to figure out who to work on next.

I find that ewoks are actually really good in all raid phases. For t7:
P1: teebo, elder, chirpa (or scout, I like chirpa better), qgj, phasma
P2/3: I did 200k+ with all the ewoks plus phasma or RG, but landing a slow with RG is tough

Other than that, Rey is always good. I like lumi to give some hard hitting healing. Ackbar is useful for t5 or lower p1 raids. Dooku is a useful leader sometimes, though it seems a lot harder to dodge in t7. There are people on Reddit that use yoda a lot, I haven't had much luck with him though.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Fenris13 posted:

The double bonus is now going to last for 48 hours, so both thursday and friday's refreshes can go to it. Also there was a huge datamine posted on reddit, with information on a new game mode that awards new modable gear type, the potential next raid boss, and a way to share items within guilds.

For those too lazy: https://xl.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4rlupm/datamined_new_mods_system_guild_exchange_new_way/

quote:

Huge amount of new info to go through here on a new system called Mods. Appears to be a way for you to gear your character towards specific stats and even provides set bonuses! It has its own set of battles as well as its own shipments. Also new features including Guild Exchange, and new Raid boss is Grievous! Ill be updating as I find more

edit: set bonus stats and bonus

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSABILITY_EXTRATURN_NAME

Extra Turn

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_ACCURACY_NAME

Potency

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_COUNTERATTACKRATING_NAME

Retribution

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_CRITICALCHANCEPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Critical Chance

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_CRITICALDAMAGE_NAME

Critical Damage

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_DEFENSEPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Defense

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_MAXHEALTHPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Health

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_MAXSHIELDPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Protection

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_OFFENSEPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Offense

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_RESISTANCE_NAME

Tenacity

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_SPEEDPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Speed

uniqueability_grievous01_raidboss

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_01

You just completed your first Mod Set!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_02

Mod Sets provide a huge boost to a Character's stats.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_03

There are numerous types of Mod Sets, each providing a unique boost.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_04

Tap here to learn more about Mod Set Bonuses.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_05

Some sets require two of the same Mod Type whereas others require four.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_06

That means you're able to combine the effects of a single four piece set with that of a two piece.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_07

Or you're able to fashion together three complete, two piece sets!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_08

You're also able to complete multiples of the same set and their bonuses will all apply.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_09

This allows you to have three completions of the Health Mod Set resulting in a massive amount of Health!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_10

Mod Set Bonuses gain additional power once all its included Mods reach level 15 but I'll explain more about that later.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_11

Every character is unique, so experiment with various sets to discover the best strategy.\n\nGood luck!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_01

When I successfully Upgrade a Mod, it will always result in an increase of its Primary Stat.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_02

At levels three, six, nine, and twelve the Mod will gain or, in some cases, increase a preexisting Secondary Stat.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_03

Upgrading a Mod to its next level takes longer as it reaches higher levels but, with each Upgrade, I get closer to upgrading the Mod to its next level.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_04

Each Upgrade attempt I perform has a chance to instantly succeed!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_05

When this happens, the Mod will immediately gain its level.\n\nOtherwise its Upgrade progress will be presented so you know how close I am to upgrading the Mod to its next level.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_06

Upgrading Mods is very important to competition so visit often!

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_1_DESC

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_1_NAME

HEALTH MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_1_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Clone and Geonosian characters to earn high value Health-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_2_DESC

Only FIRST ORDER Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_2_NAME

OFFENSE MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_2_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Resistance and First Order characters to earn high value Offense-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_3_DESC

Only JEDI Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_3_NAME

DEFENSE MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_3_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Jedi and Separatist Droid characters to earn high value Defense-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_4_DESC

Only RESISTANCE Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_4_NAME

SPEED MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_4_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Resistance and First Order characters to earn high value Speed-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_5_DESC

Only SCOUNDRELS Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_5_NAME

CRITICAL HIT MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_5_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against Scoundrel, Pirate, Empire, and First Order characters to earn high value Critical Chance-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_6_DESC

Only JAWA Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_6_NAME

CRITICAL DAMAGE MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_6_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against Jawa, Sandtrooper, and Tusken characters to earn high value Damage-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_7_DESC

Only EMPIRE Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_7_NAME

POTENCY MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_7_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Empire and Rebel characters to earn high value Potency-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_8_DESC

Only REBELS Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_8_NAME

TENACITY MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_8_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Empire and Rebel characters to earn high value Tenacity-set Mods.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_01

This is the Guild Exchange console.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_02

From this area you are able to seek assistance from your fellow guild members by Requesting items.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_03

You may issue a Request by viewing required Gear on a Character. If you're lacking some of the components to Craft, then the Request button will be made available.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_04

Requests may only be made periodically, so choose carefully which Gear pieces to request of your guild members!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_05

From here you may also donate toward other member requests.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_06

Aiding fellow guild members is a great way to further secure success toward Raids and other Guild Activities!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_REQUESTBUTTON_01

Notice the Request button?\n\nThis item is eligible to be requested through the Guild Exchange!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_REQUESTBUTTON_02

If you decide to Request this item, then your other guild members will be able to make Donations toward your goal.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_REQUESTBUTTON_03

Requests last for a limited amount of time.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_REQUESTBUTTON_04

Once your Request goal has been met, or the time expires, then the Donations made toward your Request will be delivered to your Inbox.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_REQUESTBUTTON_05

Guilds thrive with all of its members advancing.\n\nSo be sure to return the favor back to your guild and help other members as often as possible!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_01

Well done, you've just earned your first Mod!\n\nLet's go equip it.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_02

Tap here to view your collection of Characters eligible for Mods.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_03

Cantina rules require Characters be at least level 50 to have Mods assigned.\n\nOnly qualified Characters will be displayed here.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_04

Let's assign the Mod you just earned to this Character.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_05

Every character has six Mod slots. Each of which requires Mods that fit that slot.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_06

Transmitters fit only in this slot.\n\nLet's assign it there now.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_07

Now tap here to select the Transmitter.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_08

Unassigned Mod information is displayed in this area.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_09

If you had a Mod already assigned to this slot, its information would be displayed in this upper area for quick comparison.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_10

Now tap ASSIGN.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_11

You can see how your stats will change based upon your decision.\n\nNumbers in red means a decrease whereas green is an increase.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_12

If you haven't noticed, this slotted Mod is blinking slightly.\n\nThis means that this change is pending and has not yet been confirmed.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_13

This allows you to try out numerous configurations to plan the best assignments for a character!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_14

Press CONFIRM to complete assignment.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_15

Congratulations on assigning your first Mod!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_16

Assigning a Mod to an empty slot is a trivial task for me.\n\nRemoving them is a bit more difficult.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_17

I can yank them out, destroying them in the process, or charge a small fee to carefully remove them without being damaged in any way.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_18

Mods are very powerful augments to your Characters and there are many more you can win throughout the Cantina.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_19

Do you wish to return to Mod Battles now?
CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_19_TITLE
ACQUIRE MORE MODS
CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_20
Do you wish to return to Mod Battles now?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
FYI, IGD just kicked off another t7 raid, so get online and beat up on the rancor.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
IGD is doing another T7, fyi.

I'd be a little worried about stripping all the good people out of the other guilds, but we don't really want to have less than 50 dudes in a guild, and it makes no sense to put a new guy into IGD where they can't even run the raid at all.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Given how easily we're plowing through T7, the other option would be somehow making sure we have enough people to handle P1 across two of the guilds and then resorting the guilds so we have two reasonable (if a little slower) T7 groups.

We only have 3 p1 guys in IGD, and we need 2 of them to do p1 usually. We also aren't over killing it by that much, we could probably stand to lose 3 or 4 guys max and still be able to clear it. I suppose this might be an option in another month or so, though by then I'm sure CG/EA will have run the game into the ground

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

xyigx posted:

LOL I wish I had a alt account. It's just me and my fiancee.

Speaking of raid things, since I am 90% done with building my scoundrel team what are the "primo" ftp door peeps? I know Teabo who is about half way to 7 stars, but who else are the superstars of p1. By the end of this week I should be 7 star on both Geo and 86 as well. Oh yeah and Lando the human extinction event got his 7th star today had him in a challenge with both 88 and Boba leads, it was magical.

Oh yes and to further the church of the Jawa engineer, his(probably all) thermal detonators do not provoke counter attacks. So those big gently caress you nodes with a level 80 g10+ fives, yeah he dies while I kill everything else. Works the same with dooku they just don't count as a attack I guess. So you never have to deal with those two nuisances head on as long as you have a 5+ star je with ok gear.

For T7 P1, I use: Teebo lead, QGJ, Ewok Elder, Phasma, Chirpa. That is enough to do 60% or so to p1. When we were doing t6s, I was using Rey instead of Chirpa, and RG instead of Phasma, but Phasma is much much better.

So basically, for T6 or below, you need Teebo, Ewok Elder, QGJ, Phasma and someone else (anyone with TM reduction is nice, but not required). Elder is a tough farm, though you can get shards for guild points, which I did to finish mine off. Everyone else is very easy.

Edit: Oh, also, gear is pretty important, especially for Teebo and QGJ. Getting them scanners is top priority, because if they miss with TM down you die. Also, QGJ needs his basic omega'd.

two_step fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 12, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Mods are retarded. I made a super rey:

This Rey can one shot a full health full protection RG. I was basically able to auto my way to arena #1 today. I did run into one other super Rey, but I one shot her as well.

They have to tone down the mods big time, like cut their effects by at least 75%. I can't believe they released this, do they not test at all?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Inkel posted:

hahah yep, Rey is my only maxxed out character and I'm currently making her stupid powerful. What level mods do you have in those screenshots?

Those are all quality 5, level 15 mods. Mal was asking in chat how to mod, here is what you need to do:

Auto your way through the first 3 tables of the mod battles. I did this with my ewok + Lumi team and got 3 stars on everything.

Once you beat Table 3, mod challenges open up. Right now, the first one is good enough. Go there, beat all 3 tiers (again, was pretty easy, though I think I had to assume manual control of Tier 3 with the ewoks).

Then you can sim the tier 3 challenge a few times. I used basically one full cantina refresh to get one of each shape mod. I didn't bother trying to get better ones or whatever, just grabbed the first set of all shapes I could get. I then spent a million or so credits leveling those mods up to 15. Add them to Rey and you are done.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
So mods are clearly retarded, and hopefully they tone them down big time, but it is worth pointing out that right now, they can greatly level the playing field between those who have their guys fully geared and those that don't. In the current state, you can spend about 5 million credits and 500 or so cantina energy and be just as good as someone that had thrown down thousands of dollars for this game. Even if you bought all that for crystals, you are talking something like 7,000 crystals or $50 to be just as good as their 10 grand.

In the end, this, more than anything else is why they will *have* to change the mod system, the whales won't stand for it.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I'm starting to wonder if the whole thing is some sort of crazy psych experiment gone awry? I mean, is EA using this game to determine how terrible they can be to their players and still have them play the game?

I'm sticking with it for now, partly because I am fascinated to see just how terrible they can be. I am certainly not spending a dime on it anymore though.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
They nerfed Teebo pretty hard. They claimed to just be normalizing everyone potency, but I wen 2/14 on TM down on the captain in the t7 raid. This is all sorts of bullshit, and has me very, very tempted to get a refund from Apple for this game. I'm giving them a day or two to fix things, but if they are going to undo all the work and money I put into being able to do things like p1 of raids, I am out.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

It should be the next raid, according to datamining.

According to their trailer, yes, a raid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5CSyebsgpQ

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Does anyone from IGD that can 50% T7 P1want to move to QGJ and help them get T7 underway? I figure them getting T7 loot would be a good thing, and if they got two of our heavy hitters I think they could get there.

Downside: not in IGD anymore

Upside: you get to make top 2 every raid becauee P1.

Do they have enough 7* guys to finish a t7?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

cowofwar posted:

Is having all health or def tier5 mods worth sacrificing a set bonus from tier1 or 2 mods?

Any mods < mods with set bonuses < any t5 mods < t5 mods with set bonuses ?

Depends on the set and the character, IMHO. I wanted potency real bad for Teebo, so a level 2 or 3 is way more useful than a level 5 health mod.

As for Mal's big post, I am still a fan of Teebo/GQJ/Phasma/EE/Chirpa. I nearly soloed P1 of our previous T7 raid with that. Teebo and Phasma really like potency mods, I am only able to 3* the first tier of the potency challenge, but 3* potency mods are enough.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Correction, was able to solo p1, am pretty happy about that!

Mal was still in there, at about the same spot I was with half the captain left and 8 turns til enrage, so we might have 2 solo p1s this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

95.5%, 1.77 million damage.

So close! Swapping out someone else for your RG would probably have made the difference (or maybe just some better mods?)

Edit: Also, just saw this video from reddit of the new clone dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOALMBBYmQM

two_step fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 21, 2016