Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So I was browsing some inferior forums earlier and came across the infamous broken GW node discussion. These are typically filled with 37 different explanations of how it *really* works. Now I've had a broken node 12 for a very long time, but I figured I'd see if I can try to break node 11 as well. And, well, it worked. I'll keep it short and just repeat what I read, but I'm interested if it works for any of you.

Examine your roster and sort by power rating. Add your top 5 characters together. You need 48k to break node 12, 52k to break node 11, and 54k to break node 9. If you have less than 48k power, I do not recommend trying this unless you want to risk putting your GWs on hard mode for the foreseeable future.

Take your power stacked team (mine was a bunch of tanks) and use them to defeat the 2nd node of GW, then finish GW as normal with whatever teams you'd like. Some people say it works on the 1st node, others the 2nd. I actually tried it on the 2nd node in an attempt to discredit it, but it worked for me, so that's the one I will recommend.

My team had 53k power and now node 11 and 12 are broken. I hope it works for everyone else. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Fyi I just tried it with a 50k power team on node 2 and it actually fixed my node 12 so uh....don't do it unless you have the power required, I guess.

Any idea how to re-break it?

I used Baze, DN, Kylo, R2, and Shore to put together my 53k power team that broke node 11. Maybe try shooting for that? Sorry it fixed your node :(

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
What does DN need potency for? Does it help his unique?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

The mods weren't necessary, honestly.

I didn't need them for the 5* fight, but definitely for the 6* fight.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
The OP is up-to-date and should be the only guide you need. You can also join our Discord where we are very active.

The game starts a little slow because it's all new but you can power level like crazy with the right decisions. But it'll definitely slow down later on. This game is all about setting long-term goals for yourself.

I absolutely agree with the introduction. It needs a complete revamp. Plenty of us have rerun through the tutorial and it makes us wonder how we ever stuck around at all. It gets better!

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Dely Apple posted:

Uuuuugh I can't do it anymore, it's just like... you know. I'm sure it'll be even more broken by the time I pick it up again when TLJ is being infused into here.

At least stick around long enough for the new game mode coming out! What does your roster look like? Do you have a swgoh.gg profile?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I disagree with this. JE is useful for a very specific comp for HAAT and for CD mod challeneges, neither of which will be relevant for a long time.

By comparison, Rex and Maul are both a part of arena and ships meta, and Jyn is one of the best heroes for both raids (and potentially part of arena meta). I would highly recommend those three characters.

I agree with Mal. JE is cool and while he takes forever to farm, Rex and DM are way more important.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

You canīt get the final rank in the fleet commander ability even if you g11 the character, right? It requires ship omegas which are still unavailable.

A while back there was a $$$ pack that included them. I forgot who it came with... Fulcrum maybe? Some goons bought it just for those ship omegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
And don't waste your G12 characters in a platoon that we're never going to complete. I'm looking at you, stupid Ewoks.