Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

wisdomHNOX posted:

I’m not about to kick anyone for putting Zetas where they want. Do you, man.

It was a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CaptainPsyko posted:

Get BB8 up to the point where he can take a goddamn hit and then get Resistance Trooper in there.

I feel like BB8 is less of a soccer ball and more of a glass snowglobe.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

In game chat is cancer and should be used precisely never.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

He's extremely in the top arena meta.

Above 200, it's the wild west. Below 200, you start seeing more recently meta teams. Below 150, it is almost all meta teams. Below 100, it's meta teams with top tier gear, and the top 50 is extremely tuned meta teams. At least that's how my shard seems to swing, and I think it's two years old?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I don't ally with anyone except goons. I don't have time for some scrub rear end DN lead. :kamina:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

BB8's counter zeta, do it and don't look back.

If you think it owns now... wait until you're calling bb8 with JTRey and he CALLS HER BACK for a triple hit... or calls R2 for a clutch stun. It's an amazing zeta.

Or Han double-shots your BB8 and he counters TWICE calling JTRey BOTH TIMES!

Chilichimp posted:

BB8's counter zeta, do it and don't look back.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

My current Zeta plan, as the local NS special snowflake, is:

zzVentriss
zzTalzin
zJrey
zBB8
zCLS
zDaka

Ventress is my Rancor queen right now as a bigger, meaner Zader, but I need zzTalzin to be competitive in the PVP meta. Then there's the Jrey/BB8 wombo-combo, which is the second squad I'm working towards. I also have a bright idea for way in the future that I've been seeing in my shard in the form of Snackbar (L), CLS, Hyoda, GK, Rhan. I want to see if I can get away with benching either GK or Rhan for BB8 for even more assist spam. Benching GK loses me some survivability though, and benching Rhan takes the assist roll from 66% CLS/Rhan - 33% Snacks to 50-50 CLS/Snacks.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Popete posted:

What Zeta should I get for CLS, Rebel Manuever/Learn Control/It Binds All Things?

IBAT.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

Received 6 5-dot gold mods from the Palpatine mythical event. 5 of which had a speed mod already. All were fairly poo poo rolls though, with the highest speed being 4.
Regardless, i felt pretty lucky getting so many speed stats on them already, and felt i was guaranteed to get a couple of great speed mods as a result.
For a split happy second i forgot what kind of game i was playing; 4 of the mods received no further upgrades to speed, 1 of them got a measly additional 3 for a total of 7. Sigh.

At least you're not buying lottery tickets.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

My overriding problem in any matchup with my NS is dealing with GK in a timely fashion so that I can focus down the others/keep CC applied from Daka. I need to do something to LOWER my team's crit rating so they don't trigger GK so much.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Sounds like what you need is Mother Talzins unique zeta'd.

I do. I'm squaring off against mostly Jrey/BB8/R2/GK/CLS teams, and if MT gets her special off and avoids getting picked off by Luke, the sheer number of turns they take ensures that plague does its job. However if she gets geeked early, it's curtains.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

I mean, it sounds good. I guess I can chime in with a more informed response in another two months since I have 70+ clears to go before I am deemed worthy of the privilege.

:capitalism:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dikkfor posted:

wait, what

e: :aaaaa:

Sitting in the bar, saw this post, decided to crack it open and sim my GW.

:feelsgood:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

yeah
but

between TW/TB fights and10x fleet and arena battles/day , I don't loving need GW taking up my time anymore.

I need to get on my PVP hard. I'm in danger of falling out of my shard's top-50 thanks to the EP meta.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Has Jyn been phased out of the guild store? I haven't seen her shards in a bit...

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Well gently caress you CG, dunno what's worse Jyn or Zetas.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Wow. That was a fast turn around. Or am I mis-remembering; was CLS back this fast?

fake edit: it's because of TLJ release. :doh:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

UmOk posted:

I've never played the Bioware game but DN is probably my favorite character design in Star Wars.

Good thing KOTOR 2 was Obsidian then! :ssh:

Defiance Industries posted:

Revan isn't a character, it's just a BioWare power fantasy.

Revan was better when you didn't know anything about her before KOTOR so everything that is ascribed to her gets taken with a grain of salt because everyone has conflicting stories about the great Jedi general of the Mandalorian Wars. She was turned into a power fantasy when they decided to hang the entire Old Republic era on her and write that stupid loving book. And make the MMO. Which on its own wasn't terrible, but knowing it was built on the back of making Revan said power fantasy rather than just someone who got in over her head and got punked was...

But enough of my pontificating about Star Wars lore in the stupid cash grab mobile game thread.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

darth revan... is... a guy?

:colbert:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

the jedi exile is canonically female, revan is a dude.

then again we have space wizards and star exploding weapons, gender isnt real

From my point of view the exile is male and Revan is female.

I know. But I'm a stubborn neckbeard who played KOTOR as a woman and KOTOR 2 as a guy and I'm too old for you to change my mind. :coffee:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

also worth pointing out that ~they're increasing guild shop currency across the board~ so I believe their thinking is for "seasoned players" to use guild currency to buy poo poo like carbantis.

low-born trash still have to buy character shards so you're poo poo out of luck.

You're saying that like Jyn shows up enough in the guild shop to actually put a dent in my stock pile. Now, if there was a way to convert said currency into EVENT currency, there might be a problem.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Aside from struggling in real life cutting down my play time, right now the most disheartening thing for me is the length of time it takes to farm up a new team to try new strategies. With all the new characters being hard mode farms, it is awful trying to raise a new team. If you want to unlock the characters, you can't gear anyone, and if you want gear, you miss out on character synergies.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sitting over here grinding my Holdo.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

mdemone posted:

Don't bother, her AI is catastrophically broken. It won't use her AoE Daze unless it has no other option, and it prioritizes her Heal so highly that it will use it on a random ally when all allies are at 100% on the first turn of the game.

You can tell I have her at 7*g12.5 and on my arena team, where she causes me to fall from the top 5 to ~75 overnight.

:sigh: I had such high hopes for her as the sustain Resistance needed. Back to EzPz setup I go.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

EP zeta lead is one of the best arena leads you can have right now, and TFP, DV, thrawn and GMT are all great with it and good in fleet arena

Really the only thing I'd look at to improve that team is some kind of reactive tank from your choice of Darth Sion, Sith Trooper, and Shoretrooper. Sion and Shore seem to be the hotness on my shard, so I don't know if Sith Trooper fell out of style or if he just blends in with all the darkside edgelords.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm power farming Sith Trooper since he's a much closer grind for me. I also need to keep an eye on when I can farm mods to try and get a real banger set for Vader.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

mdemone posted:

I've never heard of anyone getting more than 8 shards from one of those. I know that's just small-number statistics on anecdotal evidence, but still.

I did some back of napkin survey and analysis on Reddit when Nightsisters and Matt were new, and yeah, it seems that the distribution in marquee packs is either Poisson, or a normal that is so right skewed that it is effectively a Poisson. It's not a real analysis, of course, but its better than anecdotes and good enough for who is asking.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

New young Lando and millennium falcon coming, somehow han solo is going to end up the only one without a millennium falcon

It's funny because how many Hans do we have now? More than enough for a wedding gift I'm sure. Something old, something new something borrowed something blue... so, Vet Han, Young Han, ST Han, and Cold Han?

fake edit: Petition to change the thread to Star Wars Galaxy of Hans

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Still waiting for General Solo from RotJ. Leadership buffs Ewoks. :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

We have an opening in SM again. Just send Nutes.

Is it possible for you to get in the discord?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

kingcom posted:

Right but wasn't the entire point of this to diversify things up a bit? Now Vader + Biggs is 99% of line ups forever.

I've got Vader + Biggs + Swolo as my starting and its kind of a drag to see that mirrored forever.

If their goal was "diversity" then boy howdy did they gently caress up. By removing two slots, you make the remaining picks even more precious, and thus cement the "must haves." Given a lack of reliable tank options, that means Biggs and Vader. Following that, strong reinforcement effects are the next big filter, and those all basically went to the pre-revamp meta picks, so... they gained nothing and lost diversity.

Good job CG?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cidrick posted:

Jedi need 'em first

Though the new Jedi requirement for the ground war: assault battles makes me suspect that a Jedi faction pass is coming. At, least it'd loving better.

Maybe it'll come with some Old Republic Jedi? Like Zayne Carrick, with Jedi and Scoundrel tags!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

UmOk posted:

Those and the other guys on the council. Especially the bearded snake jedi. But there is also AOTC Anankin and Obiwan, TPM Obiwan, Pre-Robot Vader, Yoda's wife, Dinosaur Jedi that got blasted by Jango.

Oh and Jango

We already got the BH revamp. Sorry.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

When it comes to punching down EzPz teams, is high tenacity the only way to go if you're not doing a mirror match? With my NS, it seems very RNG of who gets stunned/fractured/ability blocked/turn meter upped. If I can get Talzin's plague off and just stall, I win, but if Talzin gets stunlocked, Talia fails to cleanse, or Daka gets geeked at the wrong moment, everything falls apart. The breakpoint seems to be who gets the first (permanent) kill. If I get it, I snowball. If EP gets it, I lose.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Getting them to 7* for the first event was a lot of :retrogames:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

No one wants your one-line jobber movie.

*grumbles about Kenobi*

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Crumbletron posted:

Well, they are both vets...

Carth gonna be a Fleet Battle farm 2 months before Revan, requiring 7* :homebrew:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Slots onto a rex team real nicely.

This is what I see on my shard too. The three main squads occupying the top 50 are EzPz --------------------> JTR ----->Rex/Wampa/GK/Thrawn/Nihlus grab bags.

Has anyone played around with GMY post-rework? Is his supporting cast still too weak for arena?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

I genuinely think the people at BioWare got mad that Obsidian wrote a way better story than they ever have just by poking at all the holes they left in the narrative so they sandbag everything KotOR2 related. That's why the MMO has statues of all the KotOR1 PCs, but the Jedi Temple doesn't have them for the Handmaiden, Atton, Visas and Mira even though those are the people who reformed the order.

Basically this. Obsidian did a brilliant deconstruction of Star Wars, and quite frankly left a nice hook to weld KOTOR's reconstruction and KOTOR 2's deconstruction together in three. But we can't have nice things. At least I got to kill Revan in the MMO. Twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I was doing well against NS teams, but then suddenly Old Dakka instantly comes back to life after killing her now. Oh boy.

You had me thinking for a moment that they randomly changed something about Daka. NS have 3 resurrection mechanics outside of Zombie's unique. The first is Daka's heal, which is a guaranteed res of a Nightsister with a 35% (70% for NS) to raise any other dead ally. The second is Talzin's swarm attack. If it kills someone, all NS allies are revived and heal 100% health. The third is zTalzin's leader, which is like a mini-swarm calling a dead NS to assist on a basic attack, and if an enemy dies, the assist revives with 50% health.

The entire comp revolves around not staying dead and it's loving glorious.