Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I finished ~25th in the t7 raid and got about a dozen useful pieces, an entire Mk V furnace (!), and ~300k credits, along with three Han Solo shards. Definitely worth the extra effort from everyone.

Now if I can just get those last few shards for my 80g10 Rey with full omegas. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Wintermutant posted:

You know, I think that's the one character in this game that I haven't encountered once in arena or GW. Is he any good at all?

Spoz posted:

There are two people in my arena shard that run him. I'm down in the <100 and he's 7* and modded in an HK-47 team. The AI is absolutely garbage with him and his damage and survivability seem kinda anemic.

I modded his health and protection way up, he's 5*g9 with omega basic and is a pretty decent character at this point. I like him because that omega basic does a lot of damage (especially modded), and it can't be evaded or countered, so Dooku/Fives are weak against him and anyone with Foresight is gonna get hit.

You're right that the AI is useless with him though.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Disco De Soto posted:

Not sure if it's just me, but the Facebook connect thing that gives 200 crystals is now working. It never worked for me before now. See they are great developers!

Ditto. Well that's nice.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Spakstik posted:

You don't actually have to attack anyone to get on the scoreboard. I went in with my level 28 Dathcha, who didn't get to attack and died in one hit (obviously). Took 2nd place :smug:

Unfortunately I think the game won't let players with multiple 7* toons just send one in alone against the rancor.

Had to send my lowest five 7* toons in and just basic on the guards.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

iGestalt posted:

How is that not rank #1? What is rank #1?

Hell, even I could beat those guys. They're level 43.

It means somebody spent 1000 bucks to max Chaze but they don't have the credits to level them.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I got loving owned by Count Dooky last night. Counter-attack, bonus attack, bonus attack. Forever. Is he good or am I just bad?

Nihilus leading Dooku is legit. I only have DN at 3*, but Dooku is basically unkillable due to health steal unless he's the last toon left.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm at 76/100 Shore the natural way but goddamn it has been a grind just to max a toon for an obsolete Empire squad.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Wow, really? Did you rank high in both tourneys they offered him in?

Medium finish in the first one, I did better in the second one, but I've been banging on 9B for a long time now.

Edit: I think I bought a couple 4-shards in Shipments when I had the crystals for it, actually. But mostly natural.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm running Zader (L), EP, TFP, Shore, and Kylo all at 7*g11.

Should I drop my next zeta on Zylo, or start the long trudge over to a zR2 team? About to activate GK but the rest of my light side characters aren't arena-level.

And don't give me guff about running Empire these days. I'm on a 2015 shard and barely hanging on to the top 100.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ineptitude posted:

How can i increase my success rate at GW? If the strength of the enemies i face are based on my own strength, does that mean its not actually in my best interest to make my dudes stronger?

I have been putting all my effort into a single squad so far (Lando, STH, JC, Bobba, GMT) all at GL6/7 now. All the upgrades from now on are the kind that requires 20 of a purple item, or more. TThe rest of my roster are at like GL2-4 though in the last 2 days i have brought Biggs and TFP up to GL 5. Should i keep GL'ing another squad of 5 dudes to GL6, or all my dudes to GL5 or try to get my main squad to GL7+ ?

GW stresses me out since it strikes me as being rigged (to get us to fork out $) and succeeding the last battle is literally a third of the rewards for the entire day. The last few days i haven't even been able to clear any of the final 3 battles.

You're not at this point yet, but there will come a time when it's to your advantage to start building squads and gearing more and more characters so that your roster is deep and not just strong in a single team.

That way you can let your backup teams do most of the GW work, maybe bringing in your starters when you hit the difficult nodes.

Even now at your level you may find it useful to get multiple squads geared into the purple, so at least they develop protection.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sith squad led by Nihilus, put tons of protection+ mods on everyone, let Dooku basically solo all the easy GW nodes. You don't need Trooper or Assassin starred up, either. Helps to have Sid's omega so that you can AoE expose all enemies, but you don't need it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yep, GW should be used as training ground for synergy squads. You should basically have half a dozen teams that can clear multiple easy nodes, and a couple of trash teams to soak up special attacks and maybe put a dent in the hard nodes.

My Sith squad can clear the first half of GW by themselves now, and they're my eighth-ranked team in overall power (yes I know that metric isn't great).

I usually hope not to have to use my arena team (Empire) at all until nodes 9, 10, 11. Node 12 is always broken for me now but there's really no difference because the difficult ones all just moved down a node.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

God drat I love having drat near 100 7*'s already.

I am insulated from your lovely noob problems by my nearly 2 years invested in this garbage collection game.

:hfive:

:negative:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cactus posted:

Yeah I've been trying to say let's not waste tickets yet were not ready but a few really want to give it a go so I'm happy for us to learn the hard way :getin:

I remember those heady days. You gonna get buttfucked.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Heck that means I gotta get about 20 shards each for Ezra and Hera, in a month where I still have to finish getting Cold Han to 5*.

At least my FO squad is gonna stomp all over the BB-8 event.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

7*g10 ballbot, so what

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

Oh my god, Rogue One teams can suck a bag of dicks.

Yeeeesss...

zJyn (L) at g12, zzR2 at g12, zK2, zCassian, and Fulcrum at g12.

Trying to decide whether Fulcrum or Jyn gets the next zeta. Maybe that will get me permanently into the top 100.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

im cute posted:

The downside is that battlefront 2 is not F2P and somehow having a lame throwaway plot is more offensive than having no plot at all.

I've been enjoying every aspect of BF2 except for the part where I literally get one-shotted about fifteen seconds into every spawn.

Back to campaign mode for me.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

yeah but they're balancing GW at 85 to the squad power of someone who just hit 85, not whatever your 5 more powerful toons are. If you've got a decently geared/synergized squad, this poo poo's about to be loving auto-able.

Jesus finally. I hadn't beaten GW in two months.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The Diddler posted:

Is it just me, or did they change GW without requiring a restart? I've been topping out at node 9 forever, and was at 6 when the client restart happened. I was able to blaze thru the rest with little issue.

Yep you're right. My eighth-best team (Sith @ 62k) just autoed the whole thing without a restart/reseed.

Well that's better than not being able to beat it at all, with two 100k+ teams (Rogue and Empire) and about four 80k-90k teams.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yeah I'm not sweating Thrawn this time around, I'll wait until next time when hopefully Phoenix are all at g11 or something. Right now at g8/g9 it's not even fair.

Got my squad ready for CLS, now I need to get the vet smugglers up for Rey's journey.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Do we have actual confirmation of the required characters/ships for Rey's journey? Or are we just guessing based on the general creep of these chained character special events?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm getting back into Rancor since my schedule hasn't permitted it lately.

Is one of the auto-ish teams: Zader (L), Jyn, Tarkin, TFP, and what else?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Thrawn, FOO, or QGJ.

Ah very good. QGJ it is then. My FOO is undergeared and a bit squishy.

And fuckin' Phoenix couldn't hack 7* Thrawn this time.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

CaptainPsyko posted:

FOO is stupid easy to gear and way way way way better than QGJ though. Like night and day.

I've got too many g8/9 that need pieces. Gotta figure out who to focus on. Thanks for the tip.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm 44 shards away from maxing VetChewie, which would give me the toons required for jRey.

Can I beat the challenge with g10 zFinn (L), g10 Rey, g9 BB-8, and g8 SmugBros? That seems a little squishy but there's just too goddamn many stun guns needed.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Nice, just unlocked JRey. Should have her to a decent gear by tomorrow.

My arena Rogue squad has been underperforming. I'm looking to realign around Resistance -- if I were to run zFinn.g11 (L), JRey, and zzR2.g12, what are my best options for the other two pieces?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Malgrin posted:

zeta Jedi Training Rey is strong on defense. Zeta Finn is really weak on defense.

On a launch-day shard, I just switched up my arena squad and rode zJTRey from around 150th up into the top 20. Amazing synergy.

zJTRey.g12 (L), zzR2.g12, BB8.g11, ScavRey.g11, and GK.g12 is a hell of a team apparently. I've never been in the meta before and I don't know how to handle it.

Trying to decide where to put this zeta: Insight for JTRey or the counter+assist for BB-8?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yay for my 7*g11 Shore.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Got lucky and one of my gold mods had a speed secondary that procced three times to +18. My BB-8 rolls fast as a motherfucker.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

EP is the new meta. JTR is very good, but she's fading out.

If they ever release old-man Luke, he might play into her strengths a bit, but that remains to be seen.

I'm top-50 and battling for top-20 every day on a launch-era shard, even though I have a 5*g11 Holdo. She's a great piece to a JTReysistance team, now if only I could get her starred up!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

I know a guy who bought holdo to 7*, G12 and she does very little to address the weaknesses of the JTR team.

The comps that deal with Rey are the ones that exploit her strengths, like automatic dispelling, high crit chance, and taking lots of turns.

Eh, I figure I'll never compete for top ten on this shard, so I'm okay running a team that's fun to watch.

Now I'm torn whether to zeta EP or JTRey next. I don't even think JTR needs it in the arena since she's not the weak link. Maybe I'll go back to my Empire/Sith team + GK @ gear 12.5, now that I have DN maxed. SithTrooper needs a few shards and gear though.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oh yeah I definitely had to zeta JTR's leader and BB-8's counter-assist. zzR2 just makes that team filthy, but my secret jewel is g12 zScavenger because you absolutely must kill her ASAP or she'll detonate your tank in two turns.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

WerrWaaa posted:

Thinking about Arena farm. Eeth, Ugnaught, Greedo, or Nut?

E. None of the above

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hey, did they just remove the "fight two Arena matches" daily challenge?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Warmachine posted:

Sitting over here grinding my Holdo.

Don't bother, her AI is catastrophically broken. It won't use her AoE Daze unless it has no other option, and it prioritizes her Heal so highly that it will use it on a random ally when all allies are at 100% on the first turn of the game.

You can tell I have her at 7*g12.5 and on my arena team, where she causes me to fall from the top 5 to ~75 overnight.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Warmachine posted:

:sigh: I had such high hopes for her as the sustain Resistance needed. Back to EzPz setup I go.

It's been a reported bug but I'm worried they'll eventually just say "eh, working as intended" which will completely scrap the character.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Eh, I would at least gear her up in anticipation of shards being farmable.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Yes.
Already dropped 1299 crystals for 7 enfys shards, thinking about trying again when I save up enough, see if I get lucky

I've never heard of anyone getting more than 8 shards from one of those. I know that's just small-number statistics on anecdotal evidence, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Moral_Hazard posted:

Carbonite Han. He can't attack, but has a bunch of passives.

I mean it kinda makes sense in the context of them doing toons in order of movie release.

gently caress, they're gonna do it and I'm gonna farm it.