Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

In a somewhat similar vein, what gear levels do I need my dudes at to 7* the emperor? I have STHan and Lando at G10, but Biggs is only G7, as are Ackbar and Leia (I think I have Wedge at G8, but he's only 4* and I really doubt I can get him to 7* before the event rolls around).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Malgrin posted:

Unfortunately, we have no clue. I think in the last event, most of my Rebels were G8-G9. I would be surprised if the event isn't tuned for level 85 though, which could mean G9-G10. I know I did it with AA, Leia, Lando, Luke and HRScout. Luke and HRS are still G8. Leia was G8 to G9, and AA/Lando were G9-G10.

Balls. I hope they don't go overboard on the tuning, if they go that route. I remember they did something similar with the Yoda event, which I thought was kind of silly.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

But i made all of the farming choices before they turned jka, lando into gods; before igd and ayala were added to GW. This game frustrates the hell outta me, because so much of it is gambling on what is going to turn out good down the line.

Don't forget ships! Now characters who were previously middling or outright bad aren't just good, they're sometimes necessary. At this point, the idea of dumping time, gear, and credits into Poe, Resistance Pilot, First Order TIE Pilot, Ahsoka, Bistan, Scarif Rebel Pathfinder, or goddamn Finn just elicits a groan from me. I'm still trying to catch up to the rebel meta, how can I devote resources to any of these goobers? I wonder if the prudent thing to do would be to sit back and wait for them to release more ships and pray there's some overlap with the characters I already have leveled and geared (fat chance, but a man can dream).

Also, I second Chili's suggestion to wait and see what alterations they make to the raid before we reshuffle the guilds.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I wouldn't get too fixated on Shoretrooper, especially if you're just starting out. He's good now--and probably will be for a bit--but if recent character releases are anything to go by, they'll probably release a new must-have character that somehow negates Shore's advantages and yanks the meta in a different direction.

E: I think you're also far from being hosed if you don't have him. Only one person in the top 10 on my shard uses him at the moment, and I've yet to see him crop up in arena matches or GW. I'm pretty sure I've never seen him in-game outside of the Bistan event, actually.

FeculentWizardTits fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 15, 2016

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

The only valid use of Ally points is squad tournaments.

Blowing ally points on bronziums is allegedly the best way to get shards for the shard shop. You end up pulling so many characters that you likely already have at 7*, and you get some useful low level gear to boot. It's also much more fun and satisfying than participating in the tournaments, especially if you don't have the hundreds of thousands of points saved up that you need to place at the top.

I keep a reserve of 50k for tournament participation and dump everything above that into bronziums.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

The tournaments reward more than shards, my man... mainly fuckin' credits, which are everyones white whale.

Right, I'm not saying don't participate in the tourneys, I'm saying that if you don't have the hundreds of thousands of ally points (or the time, now that I think about it) to dump in there to hit the top ranks, you still get mileage out of spending APs on bronziums. I use the 50k reserve to place somewhere in the middle ranks and call it a day, because there's no way I'm going to claw my way to the top.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Luke's X-Wing will have five crew. Luke, R2, the ghost of Old Ben, the Force, and, I dunno, his Targeting Computer.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Gear hasn't been implemented yet.

The Targeting Computer is a character. Its only ability is to turn off, which gives Jedi characters a bonus to accuracy.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Malgrin posted:

Gear is really, really important. FOTP is worth gearing/leveling/starring because he's one of the best pilots for ship stuff (and you can only get him from hard missions). I would do no more than 4 hard nodes per day...less if you're running them at 20 energy per. I've finally got myself down to just the two ship ones -- FOST was the last hero I was working on (offense set has its uses). Oh, and if you don't have a Resistance team together, you should work on Resistance Trooper or Finn because the speed set is one of the best.

I asked this in guild chat the other day, but then I fell asleep so I wasn't around to see the answer: do you need to get Finn in order to 3* the final speed mod challenge? If I can get by without acquiring him, that'd be swell. I have all the other resistance goobers.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Malgrin posted:

You need 5 4* heroes. Unfortunately, there are only 5 Resistance heroes, so it's either get Finn or wait a year for EP 8.

Plus side, he's in Cantina and you only need 80 shards.

Whoops. It's been a while since I've done any of the mod challenges, so I thought you only needed to meet the minimum of three characters.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

ZenVulgarity posted:

Is Tarkin any good? He'd basically be my second four star I have.

Tarkin is crummy as a character and widely considered the worst of the three fleet commanders currently in the game (I think), though this may have more to do with the fact that there's only one widely available Empire ship at the moment.

Ships are dumb. You didn't ask about ships, but I'm using the opportunity to spout off about them. They're a lovely reskin of the base game with capital ships sitting on the sidelines and the ability to prolong your misery by calling in reinforcements. It's a shame they're required to get essential ability materials. I'm guessing they rushed this feature out the door, though heck if I know why. It took them so long to rejigger the tank raid that I don't much faith in them making ships more fun anytime soon.

Helpful hint: you can back out of ship arena matches and still get credit towards the daily activity, same as with squad arena matches.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I decided to call it quits with this game, which means there's an open spot in IGD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

SWGOH: A toilet game in more ways than one