Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Not necessary to redo the whole guild (we have a rep now man!), but I think it might be worthwhile for the goons who don't work well with PST to make another guild and maybe move around people amongst the 3 current guilds to make it time-friendly for everyone.

BTW I didn't get to chime in last thread on Raid, but I agree with what's already been said (QGJ, Rey, Yoda, Fives/RG for the slow) are key, but it also depends on what stage you are playing. First round, QGJ to get easy Offense Ups will let you crush the goons fast and focus on the Captain makes a big difference. If you have someone who can dispel the Deathmarks there's no reason you can't dish lots of damage for the full match, until their Enrage kicks off and you need to run. Yes, RUN when the Rancor or the Captain get Enraged, if you can save a big hitter for another round you'll greatly increase your damage output. Rey is fantastic for this, since she usually lasts a long time, shields intact, with Foresight. Last Raid I was able to pull her out two different times with minimal damage and use her for 3 different battles before she bit it, she probably did >500K damage on her own over those battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Dr. Venture posted:

I decided to be a sucker and buy a Chromium 8 pack. Last time they gave me Ugnaught and Grand Moff Tarkin, so I probably should have learned my lesson:

3* Cad Bane, 3* Sun Fac, aaaand Snowtrooper who turned into 7 shards. Also enough shards to unlock 2* Kit Fisto and 2* Mob Enforcer.

I'm excited about Cad, Sun, and Kit and I know I'll need to buy more packs to promote them higher; but are they any good once promoted?

Edit: Hot drat, I just got Ahsoka Tano from a Bronzium pack! She turned into 15 shards. :)

Cad Bane is one of the worst guys in the game, Kit can be good but yea you need to blow 4 figures to get him there, and Sun is new so not tons of info but looks like he will be good

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

cowofwar posted:

The switch dodged sid's aoe attack on rancor. Worst devs.

Hahaha

I think to make up for the Sid dominance in the earlier stages of the game they've intentionally made him bad from 70+ on

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

tadashi posted:

Yeah, I kind of hope I get bored of the game before I reach the point where I actually need those. I feel like shifting so many items to the guild store is their version of gently caress You, Pay Me.

yea except these were never anywhere else, and you can't really buy your way to these items as you need unbuyable guild coins. It's a gate, pure and simple. A giant, thick, carbonite gate

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Disco De Soto posted:

Does anyone have the Jawa Engineer yet? Seems like he might be good for my droid team, especially with that revive.

I'm grabbing his shards now that I finished off Rey but it'll still be weeks before he's usable. Hoping he can give Droids that kick they need to get back into contention though.

http://swgoh.gg/u/wrathraven/

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Mr. Neutron posted:

Have any of you guys who finish top 3 in the raid ever gotten a complete furnace, dildo or that third thingy?

We've done 7 raids, I think I've top 3d all of them, and no full gear :shrug:

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

two_step posted:

Folks are claiming on Reddit that T7 is miles easier than T6, one dude claims that if everyone has a 7* team of phasma, rey, GS, rex, and QGJ (lol 7* rex, but perhaps there is a farmable replacement?) you can finish the T7 raid super quick. No idea how true this is, and no idea how many people in the guild even have 1 full 7* team (we could know this if everyone did the swgoh.gg thing and marked themselves public, right now we only have like 20 guys on there), but might be worth thinking about in the future.

Just looking at our progression so far on T6 I would say as a guild we might be months away from trying T7. Even with reduced health on T7, you need the full guild to put in high-end work and we don't really have that yet.

cowofwar posted:

I am 78 and ST Han is pretty lovely, if he taunts I just use qgj to whack it off and I get a dps boost to my squad. RG is much better.

Use both :) I run ST Han Lead, Rey RG GS QGJ (all gear IX) I never lose on offense and don't drop out of #20 ever anymore. RG helps take some of pressure off of Han when he gets down, but by that time his TM has gotten me a couple more swings with Rey/GS/QGJ that when he does bite it it's too late for the enemy anyway

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 11, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Disco De Soto posted:

Am I right in thinking that any time they add a new character they will be hard to unlock? Like, do they ever just add a new character to the GW store?

Magmatrooper was GW right away, Chirpa was Cantina missions right away, and Jawa Engineer/Gamorrean Guard are Guild gurrency and reasonably easy to unlock. But most so far, at least the more powerful guys like Rex, Sun Fac, Wedge etc have been Chromium/Aurodium only

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Fenris13 posted:

Cad Bane is being added to GW this week, he is another solid choice for raids, on par with Teebo.

How do you figure this at all? He's VERY slow, average Potency, low HP and half of his kit only works on Jedi. 20% TM reduction on a special, that because of his meh Potency won't land all that much above T5 anyway. Pass! Tusken Raider is better if you're just looking for a TM dropping guy to grab.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

two_step posted:

Don't write Chewie out yet... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq7ujK0nSWQ (from https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4jkp15/an_update_on_my_cad_bane_review_serious_raid/)

Too bad Rex isn't available right now, even if you were willing to spend to get him. He seems super useful.

Totally didn't know the % on maxed Chewie's TM, good to know! Yet another guy to put in my Cantina queue. As for Cad Bane, I guess he's not entirely useless, but only against the pigs. Without the stun on Rancor there's no way he's useful outside of P1 (unless there's another video to prove me wrong again)

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Tagichatn posted:

If your turn meter squad is good enough, you can probably just time out the deathmark. Unfortunately I don't have a good turn meter reduction character to replace Ewok Elder with.

This is what I do because I don't have usable EE or Ackbar yet. It's not always effective but if you bring a good tank to the party they can eat the hits while deathmark runs out.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

RG is amazing at 6*, especially if you can get him to G9 or higher. DPS is just too vulnerable if you aren't using him or another tank. I honestly think RG is better than STH, but I am tempted to use STH with Ewoks...just to gently caress with people. I've seen some people using RG + STH, and this is a bad idea, IMO. I mean, I guess if you run Rey, GS, QGJ, it's not terrible, but I just don't think it's good enough. I'm not a huge fan of Yoda in Arena. FOTP got nerfed pretty hard, twice. I really like Dooku as lead, especially because Rey gives herself foresight.

I use Han RG QGJ GS and Rey and don't lose ever. It has all the tricks to overcome any team except maybe some mega-whale Rex nonsense. Han is a superb counter to multi-attack low-damage guys like Dooku and Fives, and always gives my team at least 80% TM before he kicks the bucket, where RG then takes over to let Rey GS and QGJ mop up anything left. Never drop out of top 20 ever. A lot of people don't want to bother with it!

On another note the more I use Jawa Engineer the more I think once people start 6* and 7*ing him we will see Droids come back. He's so fast he will go before anyone with 3+ Droids in the team, where you immediately Crit Up everyone and give them 40% TM, and HK Lead just racks up the attacks before the opponent can do much. I think the team definitely still needs a taunter to keep him alive, and I don't know if the lack of tricks for pure power will work on Defense, but I'm encouraged!

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 21, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Twigand Berries posted:

On day 3 of phase 1 of QGJ's first attempt of the Tier VI raid, I had a thought I would like to throw out to you all.

Would it not be to the benefit of all of us to reorganize the three goon guilds and shift some people around. Hear me out. You could have one guild with the whales/early adopters/daily players, one of up and coming players/people who are sane enough to not log in every day, and the third for newbies/ultra casuals.

Each guild would be able to run the raid at the appropriate level for them (Tier I-IV exist for a reason), as well as suddenly being able to place in the top spots. Not to mention getting raid experience as people level up (instead of throwing three under leveled characters at a high level raid just to get on the board.)

As an admitted whale, this is actually possibly detrimental to me as the competition for the top spots would be considerably tougher for me, but I think the reorganization (and the tremendous effort a select few would have to do to achieve it) would be for the betterment of all of us goons in the long term.

Isn't there an option to cancel a raid? If you're on day 3 of phase 1, I think that's the option you should go, as you guys are now just hurting yourselves by not taking down more t5s and getting the loot.

We talked about doing something like a reorganization in-chat for IGD but around timezones instead, but it didn't really go anywhere and I think in general the IGD group is happy. Anyway, I think we're starting to get more vigilant on active players so we might have a spot open soon and from what it sounds like we are the "advanced" guild so if you're interested hit up Malgrin.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Twigand Berries posted:

So my iphone took a swim today and I have replaced it. Having never logged into game center (because it's obnoxious and annoying) it turns out my account is gone for good. I'm going to fire off one last email pleading for help, but most likely I'm out. QGJ, if I haven't logged in for awhile, please feel free to remove me.

E: Yup. It's gone. They offered me 10000 crystals for a new account. I've been playing for seven or eight months. I'm a whale. 10000 crystals is nothing. Feel free to boot Cap'n Kirk. It's been fun.

If you're a whale and they KNOW this, I can't believe they can't take care you and rebuild your roster, crystals do jack poo poo when you have to rebuild from scratch. That stinks. I would post something on the official forums and get someone from CG/EA to take care of you, forget the outsourced Indian guys

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Hixalot posted:

It is a huge difference though. My team that did 1.2 million in phase one last time only managed 133k. I think different teams are needed for sure, and Teebo's TM reduction is very spotty on T6 raid.

Teebo can't do it on his own like he can in T5, but with QGJ and Yoda for extra TM and Fives for slow/assists and Rey for damage he's still the lynchpin against T6 pigs if you don't have Rex.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

MichiganCubbie posted:

I just got Biggs from a Bronzium. How is he?

This is my third Bronzium character. I feel crazy lucky.

He's as effective as he was against the Death Star, sorry bro

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

xyigx posted:

Hk leader is 50% turn meter on crit when omega level. It's so retarded good with their crit rate. They stack turns so fast it's really amazing, hk and 88 are virtually guaranteed a turn right after aoe, most if not all will get a bonus turn every other turn. I am sure there are lots of ways around the team but it will hurt and somebody's going to die.

Edit to add my droid team is all 6* g9 levels 65-70 they as my b team with poggle and jawa engi have wrecked level 76ish 7* teams with only losing one guy. They have a new classification they don't get to be the b team they just go in and erase a pain in the rear end team.

The droid team with Engy is top-tier, but still suffers the same issue pre-Engy droid teams had, in that it can run out of gas. 86 and 88 are still very glassy, and in most teams I've played or seen you lose the tank the team used to run as protection in place of Engy who is also glassy. And Engy is the lynchpin, if he goes down early you'll be able to get some kills for sure, but unless RNG favors you and HK gets targeted over 86 and 88 you'll probably lose, especially if some of your big shots like 86's assist get dodged. Thankfully the new Droid looks like he's gonna help with that, and probably kick Poggle out of the lineup for good.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Fenris13 posted:

The new droid looks like a steaming pile of poo poo, the idea that anyone would use him in any matter, let alone replacing an amazing unit like poggle is baffling. Nevermine actually paying for this junk.

Buff immunity/dispel AOE (read: stops RG, Han, etc), easy TM gains to get lots of attacks, Evasion down on basic? How is that garbage? Early whale reports are very positive.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

Took a shot at the new event. I got to the final round before getting pecked to death by the royal guards, but I feel it's totally doable with my current team. You definitely need ST Han, and you probably also need Ackbar lead. The rest of my team was a high geared fives, a reasonable Luke, and a severly underlevelled Biggs. I'll be getting 7* on both Fives and Ackbar tomorrow, so we'll see how things go.

I finished this with 6* lvl 70 AA Lead, 7* 80 STHan, 7* 80 Fives, 6* 70 Luke and comedy 3* Biggs. Omega'd Fives is the star of the show for the last match, the 4 RGs are super annoying but he took them all down little by little while I plinked Palpatine down with Luke and AA, STHan went down to Palpatine's first shot. You get 10 Vader shards and 5000 Ally points for finishing, not too shabby

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

Teebo, QGJ, Fives, RG, Elder.

It is slow as gently caress, but I rarely get less than 1 million from them. I have QGJ's basic and buff removal omega'd, as well as Teebo's leader ability, and Ewok Elder's basic. They are G8-G9, except QGJ who is G10, I think. Whatever his max gear is. When minions are out, focus doing damage to one, and stunning the other. I usually go for stunning the left guard, he gets retaliate when he taunts. QGJ and Teebo can remove buffs, try to save Teebo's for the boss's dmg up when stealth is down, because that also removes TM. Always have Teebo and QGJ using their basics on the boss otherwise. If Teebo has stealth up, Fives can call in an assist -- 50% chance to call either Teebo or QGJ. 25% chance to call elder, who gives TM to everyone (25% to teebo, 10% to other allies -- this happens whether or not he triggers the 50% for himself).

When he starts getting close to enraged, I'll takes RG out, then elder. This leaves Fives, QGJ, and Teebo in play, who can postpone the game even longer. Eventually I have to try to pull them out too though. Also, this way if RG or Elder fail, you can continue to keep the ball rolling for a little bit longer. If RG fails, I will usually keep Elder in until I have to pull them out. Sometimes I get to try RG again before that happens though. It's like the longest juggling act you can imagine.

Also, getting Teebo to G10 (I haven't yet) increases his potency, so that also helps a lot.

e: also what he said about ewok scout, plus same for elder. If you don't have elder, Ackbar is not a bad substitute. However, I would go with someone else that has TM removal instead and just juggle the captain until the debuff wears off. This gets a little risky if the guards are out though.

I think Teebo (L) QGJ and Fives are musts for any non-Rex set-up on the guards. I roll with Rey and GS instead of Elder and RG and just max out dmg instead of healing and more TM but both work well. With my set-up the two stooges almost never a get a turn so I spend most of the time just hitting the Captain. Knowing when to use QGJ's non-basic attacks are important to boosting damage as well.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

That sounds pretty good too. I just like being able to control the battle really well with Elder and RG. Also getting speed down on the captain is really important, so having a second person to apply that is really useful.

Yea Speed Down is huge not only for the Captain but for the Rancor too, and Fives' Potency isn't so hot at G9 where I have him, just 20% (he jumps to 60% at G10). But I just hate plugging RG in for that one thing and give up tons of DPS, so I use RG for my B or C teams.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

Well, he also stuns the guards, so, it's pretty nice.

True, but I just Rey/GS them into oblivion, and if any survive long enough to taunt then QGJ gives every one Offense Up :)

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

In an effort to help plan for an eventual T7 raid, I've added a column for 7 Star Teams. Put in the number of five man teams of 7* characters you can field. Maybe count one more if you have four leftovers.

Done, can field 3 solid teams and 1 comedy option team of like 6 or 7 useless 7* guys like Sid, Daka, JC etc

Honestly I don't think we're close to T7 yet, we can't get over the two-refresh hump of T6 and right now if we try it's gonna be 15 people dealing damage and us petering out in like p3 or so, or limping into p4 and getting mauled. I don't mind spending the guild coins to try anyway and see how we do but I don't have my hopes up. Another factor is how close Tag is to 7*ing his Rex (not kidding, will make a big difference if he can take a big % out of p1 for us)

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

cowofwar posted:

We need a solid number of 7* squads, not one or two undergeared ones from each person. I only have 19 7* with one squad geared above G8.

Failing tier 7 costs gear and 3 days, why push it? We all still need the gear we're getting.

Well, the one thing we haven't mentioned is if we DO stall out, we could always get some mercs to come in and finish it off for us. Mal would probably have to arrange it, but since we'd know very quickly how things went, we'd have enough time to bring in ringers to finish it :)

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

e: Hey people in IGD, our first raid in July will be a T7. Get Ready. Finish getting anyone you need to 7* level 80. Let's do it.

I'd like to just add, we're gonna need to be careful with the attacks on this one. Right now we have several guys who blow their wad against the p1 wall and are happy getting 15k damage or whatever instead of waiting for the Rancor, which is fine because we get refreshes and have more than enough firepower to compensate later on. We won't have that luxury in the Heroic since dead is dead, so we REALLY only need a few select people to do p1 with optimal teams. It's very important that we save enough worthwhile teams to finish the raid off, or we could stall out, so for the "weaker" members of the guild I'd recommend sitting back and saving your 7*s to throw at p4 where it seems like most guilds have the issues. I think we're strong enough now to do this, but only if everyone plays smart. I'll probably just sit out p1 at the expense of some damage just so I'll have strong teams to whomp the Rancor and leave the pigs to our most efficient guys.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

WerrWaaa posted:

Let me chat with you all about my plans to expand my roster into the future, and solicit some feedback from everyone. My SWGoH profile is at: https://swgoh.gg/u/werrwaaa/collection/

Arena Shipments: I have Sid at 6* and STHan at 7*, currently farming Leia. This is the toughest decision because there are so many characters in here that I want. I think I will aim for the two droids because I want a droid team. But I also like Sith and Scoundrels, so AV, SO, and Greedo are tempting. AA is, too, because he is good.

Cantina Shipments: I have Daka and QGJ at 5*, currently farming QGJ then back to Daka. After that I don't know. Fet, Poe, and Tano are all tempting for various reasons. Mostly coolness more than effectiveness.

GW Shipments: Phasma, Tebo, and Lumi are all 7*. Working of 86. After that Poggles. Hence my emphasis on droids in Arena shipments. Last will be Cad then NSI probably, them funneling into future Vader/Grevious purchases.

Cantina nodes: Right now Barriss. After that Ben. GS is already 7*. By then I hope to have the RG node unlocked, or I'll farm Chirpa.

Guild Shipments: Rey first (she is close), then Engeneer, then Ewok Healer, then maybe IGD for the Jediness.

My current arena team is: Phasma (L), Rey, RG, GS, and Lumi. My goal is to auto everything because I'm lazy and only care if I can hover around rank 50 which I can with little issue. I can't get better than that, though, even with effort; so if you have suggestions please let me know. This is my GW team, too, which autos all the way through most of the time.

Let me know where I've gone sideways and need to correct course! Help me Something Awful, you're my only hope!

Looking okay, but biggest thing I can say is if you want droids then go for droids 100%, there is no point in getting 86 wayyyy before you have 88 or HK because they are all a team and can't do much on their own. Leia is top-tier but it will take you months to 7* the droids if you don't focus on them now.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

two_step posted:

Oh, FYI, since it wasn't mentioned here, IGD is doign our 2nd T7 raid. We are still waiting for a couple folks to log in and poke it before we hopefully finish it up, so if you are in IGD and haven't done the raid today, get going

Raid owned, looks like we got our groove down and it should only get easier every time. That said I know a couple goons didn't participate and missed out. I know we have players who only play once a day or possibly even every other day, but just be aware that I think these are only going to get faster as we get stronger and while I think we are being as patient as possible to let everyone participate, logging in and participating on raid days should be critical. Today was the 4th of July so I think everyone should get a pass since some sick folk out there might actually forego logging in to a dumb phone game on a holiday to participate in RL, but I hate to see good raid rewards go to waste.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

xyigx posted:

Well on t7 always now or some t6?

I don't see a reason to ever go back to t6, the rewards/time investment are so much better for t7 there's no point at all.

Edit: Just thought about it and just to mix things up and do different things, I wouldn't be opposed to doing a t6 every so often since I can see t7s getting repetitive (just like t6s were!). But I think the vast majority should be t7.

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 5, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

two_step posted:

The theory is that it is looking for teams with 120% or so of the power of the highest power arena team you have ever won with and can't find one, so it generates that goofy placeholder team. Supposedly you can break things even more by putting together a 40K power arena team of bad people that are given high power ratings by the game and then you get 3 broken teams at the end, but I think you just face those murder teams a little earlier. I wouldn't try this, because if they ever fix it, you might end up facing 6 murder teams at the end of your GW every day.

I just can't imagine them leaving GW as it is, as dumb as CG has been sometimes there was universal love for the updated GW before this last change, you can't keep ignoring what the people want even if it's not what they, as a developer, had in mind. They keep using the fallback of "we always wanted GW to be end-game content and it's supposed to be hard!" But guess what, the vast majority DIDN'T LIKE IT, so instead of trying to sway everyone onto your island of logic, just give the masses what they want and make new content. The Assault events IMO have been, for the most part, very well-designed, and are better end-game content than the GW grind every day. Keep doing stuff like that instead of trying to get people to see the light on GW, it will never happen.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

cowofwar posted:

Freemium games always try to drive people towards IAP. They want you to not be able to complete GW so it acts as a carrot to buy whatever.

Same with this lovely ewok event.

I bite my tongue at you sir, Ewok event owns. I have no problems with them throwing bones at people who have more niche teams, but then again I'm biased since I've had Droids since day one. And at least they've been spreading the love around, every faction will get something eventually. Of course if you want to do well in EVERY event then yea, you probably have to either open the wallet or have been playing since the beginning. But there's nothing wrong with that.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Tagichatn posted:

WTT furnace for scanners PST

I actually have all the scanners I need for now and need a furnace to g9 Leia I got you bro just lemme get #1 next raid

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Inkel posted:

Hell yeah I am, everything I've seen of it so far has looked great. You got in to the closed alpha? You lucky bastard. I just realized that there's a BF1(BF5 :downs: ) thread, so I'll have to catch up on that.

Yeah right now we've been running T5's consistently. I kinda feel bad just switching over to T6 out of the blue, so I'd like to give our guys a heads up that they should at least work on getting one character to T6 over the next week or two so they can get the pitty rewards. (On a side note: it's incredibly stupid that you have to lock out lower level guys in your guild from participating at all in higher level raids - like, at least give them the lowest tier reward on raid completion.). Of course, another Officer or our illustrious leader wookieleaks, could just jump us to T6 right away so who knows. You're more than welcome to jump over though, if you'd like a chance to run a few more T5's.

How long does it take you guys to do T5? T6 is very big jump up, if you need more than 1 refresh on T5 you probably won't do well on T6. Make sure you have a few people who have specific p1 teams or you're gonna have a rough time.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Preemptive goondolences to those in IGD who are gonna miss the raid, we gotta set up some rules about participation/damage post-mods or lots of people are gonna get screwed

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I've said several times that people need to be attacking once. I only got high damage cause I got in on P1.

Thing is I think those numbers ARE all just 1 attempt. p4 is slowing down a bit so hopefully we can somehow get 40+ in, but I think we're gonna have to artificially gimp our teams going in so we're not doing more than 10% or so on any non-p1 attempt to give everyone a chance. 500k+ dmg is very easy in p2 and p3 now and that's a big % of his health.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Mr. Neutron posted:

Here is to hoping the patch due next week does not fix node 12 bug :ohdear:

Also, not sure if this is new but I did not notice it before: swhog.gg has some of the gold gear datamined:

:suicide:

Hopefully the stats on that thing are not finished yet because why the hell would anyone cough up a lung in gear for that

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Disco De Soto posted:

I swapped in my Jawa team for 1 fight in the arena against a droid team of HK, 88, 86, 100 and B2. I got my rear end kicked pretty badly, even though all my jawas are level 80, mostly 7* and gear 8. So not super impressive. The stuns and other debuffs just didn't seem to trigger, maybe I was unlucky.

Keep gearing them, there is a HUGE gap between g8 and g10, and can't forget mods. Dathcha for example gains a lot of Potency when he's max gear that will let his AOE debuffs stick. Him and Jawa were able to stun the droids in the t3 Crit Mod Challenge pretty consistently. Damage is a little light overall with the team but I don't have Jawa and Nebit fully geared yet, and didn't even bother using Scavenger since he still has a ways to go to be useful. Not saying at all that a fully-geared and modded Jawa squad will be legit, but I think there is a mix in there that will be very effective.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

two_step posted:

Emperor event stuff is up:

Character - https://swgoh.gg/characters/emperor-palpatine/
Event - https://swgoh.gg/db/events/emperors-demise/

Event is basically rebel version of yoda, you need 5 7* rebels, etc. Looks like 3 million credits from the event, plus 500K from the achievement.

I am now out of training droids and credits, hopefully the event lasts long enough that I can finish leveling up Leia and Akbar

Edit: Oh, also, bunch of stuff, including 45 cantina energy and cheaper cantina refreshes. Details at https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/62693/community-update-8-17-2016#latest

Yea I wasn't planning on needing 7*s so gonna try to power Luke up to 7*, between cheap cantina nodes, the new changes to cantina energy and Guild shipments I think I can do it. Just gotta remember to keep some credits in reserve to move around Mods from my Arena team

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Avail posted:

Laughed at myself for missing two raids on guild chat and get poo poo on by an officer with 16 lifetime contributions.

Keeping it classy over here in Ima Goondi.

What officer was that?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Dr. Venture posted:

I don't remember who it was but he said something like, "The raid has been going for 16 hours, it's not that hard to log in once." I wouldn't read too much into it because I doubt he meant it to be aggressive.

Edit: Seriously though, I don't know why people don't donate more. I know sometimes there's multiple people asking for the same high tier item, but that's not always the case. I saw a whale who quit with barely anything contributed. That really baffled me.

well if that's all then I agree with them, it takes 2 minutes on the shitter to log in and get a 0 score for raid but I'm not sure if that's what he meant.

As for donating, I do whenever I can (I can't get rid of Scanner parts fast enough) but honestly I am very light on things people ask for, even the popular blues from gearing like 5 guys at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Jerkface posted:

A dev announced PVP tournaments coming in the next 2 weeks and also that they are working on ships

Arena is enough PVP for me, I have no idea why this is coming really, I don't mind fighting broken Palp/Wiggs teams for a small window each day, being forced to do it in another event sucks.