Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I have 34 7* 80 toons. Who's next? Lando, Aayla, or jedi knight anakin? I'm thinking JKA will be most useful for arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Jerkface posted:

How do you have 34 7* / 80 people but not Lando? Hes really fun.
So many cantina peeps and was working on jawas and ewoks unfortunately.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Missing 6 people on the IGD raid. Almost done p4.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Swapped to phasma/rg/st-han/qgj/rey

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Got 7* luke. Murdered it with ackbar/leia/luke/biggs/st-han but they are all purp and have mods.

Also vader is at 83/85 so one more shard shop.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Avail posted:

Laughed at myself for missing two raids on guild chat and get poo poo on by an officer with 16 lifetime contributions.

Keeping it classy over here in Ima Goondi.

Aw snap goon guild drama.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I am constantly out of gear since I have so many dudes. Although I'm holding off giving some of this raid until better toons need it or I get way more.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
My GW auto 12 node murder squad is barriss/lum/rg/rey/qgj.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Why not 9am and 3pm, offset by six hours. 9pm start is terrible for anyone eastern time.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I vote alternate the raids for sure. We all need Han.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
JKA done, who should be next? Jawa, chirpa, lando, aayla? My jawa squad is in better shape than ewoks so I should do them first. But maybe I should get lando before finishing jawa. Aayla seems redundant to all my other jedi but would be good now that I have JKA as a JKA, yoda, lando, aayla, lum squad.

Keep in mind i have 36 7* lvl80 dudes.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Oh god another cantina toon. I guess wedge although i just got murdered by a lando led team.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Jawa squad soaking up all my credits. 2 are 80 7*, one is 70 6*, one is 70 7*, one is not yet unlocked. They all need those stupid tier 4 tank items.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I have a maxed cad bane and the fucker is a glass cannon with no potency. Also slow.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Current one attempt rule benefits the following people:
-Turn meter manipulation squad that plays during P1, allows putting up 2-2.5 million damage on the raid board.

Current one attempt rule punishes the following people:
-Anyone who collects toons rather than maxing out a specific squad
-Anyone who is newer and only has an arena squad powered up (not turn meter focused)
-Anyone who doesn't have mod challenges unlocked (no speed)
-Anyone who misses P1
-Anyone who begins attempt in P4

The raid has multiple phases with different mechanisms which means one attempt in one phase is not equal to one attempt in another phase. If someone plays one attempt in P4 they are lucky to get 50k. If they play one attempt in P2-P3 they are lucky to get 500k. If they play one attempt in P1 they can get over 1M.

I don't care about the raid aside from just wanting to smack the rancor and get shards. I don't care about mods, or spreadsheets or builds. I just like throwing my toons at the rancor. Each of my attempts earns me like 50k damage.

I previously suggested a 12hr no damage window followed by a FFA thereafter where there is no restriction as to how you play the raid. Anyone with a P1 turn meter squad will still come out on top but other people with more toons will get in more attempts. In my opinion this allows people who have many toons but miss P1 or don't have a TM squad to actually put up similar numbers to those who have a P1 specific team.

I think this is more fair but other players disagree.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So then leave P1 open for two hours so we can all get on the 2M damage train.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Current: fair because only a couple people can post 2M damage. Same people win every time. We can't change because the top is very concerned about fairness for those at the bottom.

FFA: unfair because more people would post 2M damage. Different people fill up board based on chance.

I guess I'll just get on the P1 train since the status quo is too strong.

Edit - i honestly don't care. The bad game design makes this stupid raid impossible to be made fair.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 22, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Most pf us have a long way to go for 7* han so I don't see the problem with a delayed new raid.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Primary reason why I don't buy energy is that you can often multi-sim 10 or 20 times and get nothing.

If they took the RNG out of rewards then people would probably spend more.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
What mods do I buy? Anything that has speed primary or secondary?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Palp lets me do GW in 15min so no hate from me. Plus I have all the food arena toons so who cares if I sit 40-50.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Jerkface posted:

who do i get now: grand moff tarkin, nebit, or greedo

I just did tarkin last for mod challenges but who cares about greedo or nebit.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Whitey Snipes posted:

You care about Nebit if you want crit damage mods (you want them).
Yeah I have Nebit, misread as Lobot for some reason.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Karzon posted:

So ... wow. On reddit a guy who took #2 in the tournament had to spend $3,000 to get there and stay there.
People are hosed in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I don't think I can handle a level cap increase. Not with so many characters. After that they will raise the gear cap.