Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Focus fire whoever has crit immunity.

Oh poo poo, of course. That's what I've been missing. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Ineptitude posted:

GW unlocks almost immediately when you start the game though. Level 8 or so? I don't think i had anyone at 4* even, much less at 5*.

Nah, it's like level 40 or thereabouts.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
For what's it's worth, I geared Chaze before GK and regretted it. A lot of top meta teams now don't use Chaze at all, but GK is ubiquitous.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

UmOk posted:

Why would a G1 sacrificial Old Ben not work? Like minimum health, no mods. Just exist to get murdered on the first aoe.

It works fine, but the buffs aren't worth losing a squad member for. Especially when they get dispelled.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
This game feels so awful when you're behind the meta. I've gone from spending hours rearranging mods, planning gear and so forth to just logging in for 15 minutes to do my dailies and collect carbantis. Only 300 more and I'll have a competitive team! By which point new Luke/Leia/Han will have come out, the meta will have shifted again and I'll still be running to stand still.

I think my best plan at the moment is just to stockpile gear, farm shards and try to jump on whatever the new hotness is once the update lands.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I have them all at 7* except Farmboy himself, who's just hit 5*. He's an easy grind but I hope the event is still a little while away. Rebels going to be dominating the meta again I imagine, glad I didn't bust my rear end levelling Thrawn and Death Trooper.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
That kit is nuts. Especially since Rebels are already amazing even without him. So long diversified meta!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Game is about to become Galaxy of Commander Luke. Hooray for diversity!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I'm just glad I'm back in the meta again, even if it's a bit boring. My ep.4 were all g10 or G11 already so I'm in a good spot. Just need a couple of stun guns for raid han, I think CLS/GK/DN/Leia/Han is going to be very strong.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
It wouldn't surprise me if they make the CLS event available again in the run-up to launching territory battles. I guess it depends how far away it is though.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I have 5* hoth soldier and I'm pretty sure most of those shards came from Bronziums.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, it'll make a huge difference. Plus not having a bunch of points go missing at the start thanks to client restarts ruining combat missions.

People need to be on the ball though now that it's switching to a 12 hour cycle. Make sure you hit each phase even if you only have time to deploy/platoon.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

fishtobaskets posted:

Ive scrapped the notion of chaze and am now shooting for cls, r2, rhan, leia, and gk

Can confirm this is a good team. Zeta Han before Leia. The only thing it's missing is an aoe dispel, which can be a bit annoying against Chaze teams but it's usually fine.

My Shoot First priority is R2 (if they have Leia) > CLS > R2 (no Leia). Not sure what others are doing but it seems to work well enough.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Chilichimp posted:

Talia is the daily login character for October, so get ready for the night-sister/separatist review.

Yes, this will probably include Nute Gunray/GenG admiral ship.

My daily toon for October is TFP. Is that just a placeholder?

Also, happy 7* GK day, SM!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I guess I wasted a lot of crystals on cantina refreshes to get Hera and Ezra to 7*. Still hoping it's mid-October with Rebels new season.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Chilichimp posted:

It's never a waste, when you'll need them soon enough anyway.

Every 7* is a 7* you'll never have to farm again.

I'm quitting them game if they go to 8 stars.

If I'd known I didn't have to rush I wouldn't have been putting 3x100 crystal refreshes into them for the last couple of weeks. That's a lot of crystals I could have spent on something more useful!

same

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Chilichimp posted:

If you gave 5 7* you should be good with the right gear and mods

Is G7 good enough with decent mods?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Finally beat Thrawn. All G8 except Chopper at G7, arena mods. After about a dozen attempts my best was getting both DTs down and then dying immediately. Then the RNG swung in my favor and I crushed it without losing anyone. Can't overemphasize what a lovely RNG lottery this event is. Just keep at it and try not to snap your phone in half.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

thrawn527 posted:

Thrawn will likely be back in about 4 months, right? Get your Phoenix squad ready by then.

Cycle tends to speed up once they're not new any more, I'd expect probably more like 2 months.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Please note: altar event completions are global, not per tier. Don't waste both on the first tier like I did.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

wisdomHNOX posted:

Consensus I’ve heard for PS is g8 Kanaan/Zeb/Chop, g9 Hera, and Ezra as high as you can/want, especially because he’s useful for other things.

I did it with all G8 except Chopper at G7, with my arena mods. Took a bunch of tries though.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Dely Apple posted:

TB is bad as hell and sucks!

Hey now, let's not say things we can't take back.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I'm guessing since they released Vet Han and Vet Chewie to the cantina, that they will definitely be required for Rey's journey. Better start farming! I hope we don't need both at 7* like for CLS.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Nipponophile posted:

Soooo... Dark Side TB.

I guess it was too much to hope that it would be tested or anything before it got pushed out?

Yes, it was. We'll get some compensation crystals and loot, they'll fix it for next week. S.O.P. at Capital Games.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Am I crazy unlucky or have they stopped putting gold components in shipments (implant, data-pad, medpac etc). There's tons of salvage (challenge loot) and full pieces but none of the old '25 components for 500 crystals' bro-deals that I used to rely on to get people to T11.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I spent a bunch of crystals getting Han and Chewie to 5* in the hopes that new Rey would unlock at 5*. I think only the whaliest whales will be able to 7* two 16-energy cantina toons that have only been out for what, two weeks.

According to http://www.swgoh.life/panic.html, even with both now at 5* it will cost me 22,000 crystals to get them to 7* in time for Rey. No thanks!

Great marketing for the new movie though! 'Go gently caress Yourselves' - E.A.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Zombie doesn't have a zeta, what are you all on about?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, what does this actually accomplish? Being high up in your arena for your alt?

Yeah, I don't really see it as an exploit. It's barely an advantage unless you can reliable get top 10, and if you aren't planning on whaling you will quickly be overtaken by those who are.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
So this new Empire/Sith meta appears to have taken us all the way back to 'whoever has the best speed mods wins', which is a disappointing backwards step. I can keep up with the resident whales on my shard in terms of character gear, but not mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, I don't want to be overly dramatic, but if this is going to be the new meta I think I might be done. I can't deal with another who knows how many months of speed mod supremacy.