Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Zone of Danger posted:

Aren't iphone users also getting Bistan shards rather than SRP shards from the daily pack thing right now? Small difference, but Bistan is not farmable and SRP is.

Bistan shows up in the fleet rotations. He's also fun as gently caress as his free turn nonsense makes him downright mean against the Rancor on a rebs team. Not sure how he'd play out in PvP, but I could see him being fairly amazing in GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

I don't even know how I would have beaten the kind of 12th team I keep getting matched into. I also wish meaningful levels of training droids were more plentiful, but I assume that's another impatience buy in the shop. :ea:

things to help with GW:

Retreating is a restart - it resets GW to before you started the battle, so you can retry it if some of what happened to you is luck based (crits, for example, or %chance stuns). It can help you keep people alive.
If you use a tank, don't use them until the last shard. That extra protection is probably necessary.
Pay attention to what you're fighting - Akbar and Rex make most Vader/Boba/Emperor teams a joke by cleansing the debuffs.
If the team has frontloaded damage on CD's, send in a poo poo team to eat those cd's and die, then send in your damage dealers.
Characters keep their built up speed along with any damage they've taken, so someone ready to go is going to still be ready to go. Likewise whoever goes last will start the next fight with an empty time bar.

Seriously, beating GW is pretty much always possible, you just have to realize that most of your roster exists to soak, and don't be afraid to retreat if things just go bad from the beginning, and try not to have anyone you need to go first to set up a combo end a round. It helps if you have filler with buff/heal/debuff actions that will allow you to burn extra turns so you can get something off of CD for the next battle as well.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Zone of Danger posted:

I think I'd hold off for a bit. Shoretrooper is barely farmable (but you could whale from shipments as a long-term project) and who knows when/how we'll get access to Deathtrooper shards. Tie Advance is nice, and Vader is easier to farm up, but I don't know if it's worth it for a 50/50. I think I'd rather have a furnace and a droid caller than a ship I can't get more shards for.

Definitely wouldn't get more than one pack if that's even an option. Can't imagine paying 3k crystals for 8 mixed ship shards and some leftover junk.

for what it's worth, my 4* TA has my second highest combat power with a 6* T9 Vader after my 6^ Wedge Ship with 7* T10 Wedge, and that means it's above my Biggs X-Wing. His passive (enemy ships get re-targetlocked when they lose targetlock) is baller with Wiggs - I'm running him, Wedge, Biggs, Fives, and Boba Fett as my starters with Ahsko Tano, JC, and Bistan's U Wing as my backup and Mace as my cap ship. I'm level 82, and can regularly get into the top 5 on my shard before I hit the "all 7* ships including Cassions U-Wing, Millenium Falcon, and Vaders TA" wall.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

... what am I thinking of? is the nihilus event team-upable?

The Nihilus Event is team uppable, but the Sith/FO vs. Jedi event is not.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Space Crabs posted:

So yeah, Didn't realize Tier 3 credit heist was going to be so swole and my Boba/Lando/STH can't actually do it.

Sidious you just sit the gently caress down for awhile apparently I need to work on IG-88.

What's a good fifth Scoundrel that overlaps with some other teams I'll need to make because gently caress chewbacca. IG-88 is part of the droid team, so I want to continue training multipurpose people and not waste a bunch of time on someone like Gamorrean Guard or something.

Dengar is essential for team bounty hunter, Greedo has good synergy with Boba Lead, but really none of the other bounty hunters/scoundrels are worth levelling unless you want to all in the obnxious perma stealth massive speed BH team that still loses to everyone elses aoes.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Inimicul posted:

What's your opinion of Zam Wessell? I've thought about picking her up for Team Scoundrel as well.

my Zam is only like 4*s, but she can get a poo poo ton of free turn meter and hand out free turn meter. She throws out thermal detonators on the whole team, then activates them when she attacks. LIke most of the other BH's not named Boba Fett or IG-88 she synergizes on the bounty hunter team but is lackluster otherwise. If you can crit with her shot and activate two detonators you're going to kill your target. She's not so great on defense because she blows her debuff first if the enemy has detonators, as does Greedo, instead of doubling up on the explosives and burning down the enemy team. If I was using them for Arena I'd use her with BH's, but if you don't have team mates to also drop detonators she's not that great, and if you're mixing scoundrels and bounty hunters the Lando's speed and crit damage bonus probably beats Boba Fetts crit damage.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

tactlessbastard posted:

Never seen one. Where do you get them?

fleet shipments or the fleet ability mats battle final tier. It's how they make the whales play fleet battles even though many of them don't like it.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

two_step posted:

TFP is great. RG I guess is OK, the rest are meh (though Mal will come in here and defend snowtrooper til his death)

What level are you? Trooper squad isn't bad now, you can farm up General, Storm, and Magma easily. Snow requires higher level or guild coins, and then Death is high level Cantina and Shore is High level light side and giant pain.

if your'e looking for a vader palp team that's good, you can get TFP from farm easily, Maul shows up in fleets and is good, RG takes a while and if you're high enough Shore or Sith Trooper both do a better job on that team (although I prefer RG in raids because of the slow).

The main issue with F2P empire/sith teams is that they require farming people with only 1 or 2 heroic shards OR last stage Cantina/LS missions.

Tarkin got an upgrade today, too, but I have 0 experience with it.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Crumbletron posted:

If someone is low level though and really wants Thrawn, you'd probably have to start farming soon, no? I mean yeah it's like half a year out but I can see it taking a month for Ezra and Hera each, and Sabine even longer, especially without guild currency or crystals for refreshes coming in as quickly.

This is less of an issue for people at 85 obviously.

Ezra and Hera are easy, though, and if they're starting pre-50 they can use whatever crystals they get to farm them. Sabine will take forever, though, regardless because one hard node is garbage. Guild Coins will depend entirely on if they have a character with enough stars to do raid and get the 0 damage or not.

I don't know when Thrawn will be coming back, they have 4 of these events and it seems Yoda is still more often than any of the others, so probably in another 6 months. They may have some time.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

I must have missed free Savage month while on long hiatus, every GW pushover team has one and I still don't find him a threat at all. He's like Windu threat tier.

Zavage with high health requires some combination of dots, buff clears, healing immunity, and +TM immunity. He also tends to have high tenacity, so its hard to get those to stick.

or you let him stack 30 HoTs, then use Boba Fett to murder him from full health.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Popete posted:

Is Phoenix Squad any good? I'm leveling them up purely so I can get 7* Thrawn but I don't really care about the characters.

They're not bad. They're essentially designed as a starter team for new players - they're all easy to get access too, and only Sabine is difficult to 7*. Several of them are good individually, Kanan, Sabine, and Ezra. Kanan and Ezra also both work on Jedi teams. As a team they're not bad, but they require setup and Hera is both a required leader and not very good. Those stacked passives (especially Ezra, Zeb, and Kanan) can be killer, and mixing Staggered with Sabine can murder people. OTOH they're not anywhere near as powerful as some of the other teams, but they also don't need Zetas. Think of them as starter rebs that get you Thrawn and Palpatine.

Their ships are good, but each one requires three characters, but they make a really good team up with Bistan, Wedge, and Biggs - tons of stealth, bonus TM, bonus attacks (which lead to pro+) and probably required for a non-gimmick (drop boba fett in just before ult for a quick bomb run) Ackbar team.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Dirt Worshipper posted:

I have a lvl 51 squad built around Jedi speed, just kinda trying to do my own thing. I have

Luminara
Ezra
Qui-Gon (L)
Savage
Chewie

I was considering replacing Chewie with Kanan and maybe adding in Mace, any thoughts on those two?

Also what's the best way to invite to a goon guild? Look at the spreadsheet? My ingame name is Lazyboy

Mace fills the same roll as Qui Gon, only with slightly more damage and no buff late game (AKA only worse). OTOH, he's an admiral and his cap ship is really good, so it may be worth using him for now anyway. IGD/Aayla are your counter attacking Jedi, but personally I'd go with Mace to prep ships and JKAnakin until you get Yoda.

Definitely replace Chewie with Kanan.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
welp, you need a 7* R2, Farmboy Luke, STHan, Leia, and Old Ben to 7* commander Luke. LIkely the event will be tiered with star rating giving you and equal star rating, hopefully. My Luke will be ready... I don't know about my Old Ben though.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

MichiganCubbie posted:

Man, new Luke looks like a game changer. Who should he replace in a Wiggs-R2-STHan-Lando squad? I'm assuming Lando.

don't know, according to the announcement STHan, Leia, Old Ben, and Luke (farmboy) are all getting reworked. Farmboy Luke is getting a flash event that will likely reward shards for Luke, possibly others as well, so we may be in better shape than we currently think (but not likely). Flash even starts tomorrow btw.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

tadashi posted:

They can go gently caress themselves. Old Ben was cool for about 2 months over a year ago. There's no reason to 7 star him in the current game.

In mitigation of the BS, they are reworking all the old rebel characters involved. So Old Ben, Luke (Farmboy), Leia, and STHan are all getting an upgrade. They also mentioned updating Han Solo's abilities as well, so I guess raid Han is getting some kind of update but maybe it's just numbers or a Zeta on something.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

tadashi posted:

Looks like I need to borrow some Bazes for LS 9 nodes. Anybody have some available ally slots who can help?

Rebs have a real hard time with LS9, but Jedi can clear through it. I powered through with zQGJ (L), Kanan, Ezra, Mace, JKA. I borrowed whoever was strongest, Luminara when I could get her but Biggs as well. Foresight every time you kill something REALLY cuts down on the bs aoe in LS9 2 and 3.

EDIT GL 8 for Kanan, Ezra, and JKA, 9 for QGJ and 10 for Mace (because I use his ship, don't you loving judge me). I used mace over Tano because he hits hard, I had him geared to the 9s, and the extra dispel was useful. Any competently geared Jedi could replace him, though, and I know lots of people have actually put time and effort in Luminara, I just think she's too slow.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

Alright. Was hoping he was skipable since he seems like a rough farm. The rest of the resistance aren't too bad.
Good point about TM carrying over, i didn't think of that.

Ah darn, another bunch of guys i am going to want to farm asap :(

I am a bit overwhelmed with choices atm. I have Lando, STH, Biggs at 7*. Phoenix Squad are all going to be 7* in about a week (with Kanaan lagging a bit behind). That takes care of 7* Palpie and 7* Thrawn.

I guess Yoda is skippable for the time being and i should focus on R2D2 then CLS after Palpie/thrawn? Do R2D2 require a specific team or can i bring any 7* empire heroes at G8'ish? Palpie, thrawn, TFP, Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper? Maybe Vader instead of ST, he is 5*+25 atm.

Troopers only work with each other, really. Without the stacking passives they all fall short except for Shore and maybe Snow that he gets CDR per Crit on his AoE. Any Palp Team can probably do it. I'd recommend Something like Tarkin/Ep/Vader (any of them could lead) TFP/anyone else. Tarkin's pretty easy to pick up these days, he's in ship shop and arena and you'll need him decent to get Zeta mats eventually anyway.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

This is more or less exactly what i have done, with the exception that i already had Phoenix up to par when Palpie was on a couple of weeks ago and managed to get him.

Palpie has the Empire tag and is from what i understand very important for the R2 event as it is difficult to get good Empire characters. Few good ones are grindable. Palpie, Thrawn, Vader, Shoretrooper, Veers, Krennic, Death Trooper all take ages or events to get.
The grindable ones (ie from a currency or cantina) are TFP, GMT, Stormtrooper, RG, Magmatrooper....and thats it. Literally just 5 dudes you can get in a sub-3-month timeframe, and aparently Magmatrooper is pretty crap. So you really want Palpie and/or Thrawn for R2.

Personally i have Palpie, TFP, GMT, Stormtrooper, RG and Magmatrooper at 7*, and am thinking of ditching Magma and use the rest for the R2 event (?). If Thrawn comes around before R2 i assume ill get him at 7* and am not sure who to ditch for R2.

Veers. You can build up a half decent trooper team (Veers (l), StormT, SnowT, MagmaT) and fairly easily. You can also grind the crap out of Tarkin now, who's a good lead for random Emp and you should be working him anyway to help with Zetas. Magma isn't as bad as people say, he actually does decent damage spread around for events, he's just useless for raids/pvp because you don't want him doing half his damage to random targets in those venues.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Got my Ezra from 20/100 to 70/100 in the last 2 days. So if this Thrawn event really does last a week, I should be good to go. Whew.

I don't even remember was I was farming for fun before this whole Thrawn/CLS mad dash stuff happened. I think maybe Clones? And Nihilus, maybe.

I had just started Gar Saxon and Shock Trooper, was going to head to Super Commando after Gar Saxon and Nihilus after Shock. Now I'm going to farm the poo poo out of Tie Reaper well past maxing Shock Trooper I'm sure, and it doesn't look like I'll ever be allowed to get my Gauntlet crew.

Also, gently caress this 7* cap ship BS. 15 shards means 7 months (if they're each monthly events) to get the cap ships maxxed, or 4800 crystals minimum. God damned if it isn't the most blatant cash grab they've done in a while (especially with starting it all the day after crystals were added to Fleet payouts).

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

UmOk posted:

Which Phoenix omegas are a must have for Thrawn?

And can I sub in Sabine instead of zeb?

None of them, and use Sabine instead of Chopper. You don't need two tanks, and she can also stagger so you can clear both DTS buffs easily in the last fight.

People keep complaining about this fight, but I had random leftover mods, level 85 pheonix with g8's (except ezra, who's g10 because I use him with rebs in GW all the time) and I easily get into the last fight with full protection and all my cds up. Just hit the last 2 guys in each wave witch basics and rely on Zebs passive to fill you back up, maybe use Zebs 3 because temp protection boils over into permanent if its up at waves end and at/under 100%.

You do have to get Ezra to go first in the final round so you can clear taunt, then have zeb stagger one DT and Sabine get the other, clearing their mega-damage buffs. Then just get the DTs dead and focus down the dps, Thrawn might kill someone but you should have plenty of time to mop it all up.

Also, you get health back from Kanan's passive whenever you suffer a debuff, but you probably shouldn't be running out of protection pre-last wave anyway, and I think you save more health from getting stagger on both Death Troopers quickly than you'd regain from Choppers passive anyway.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

They need to cool it on the legendary events, man.

looks like she and Wicket have new rotating event types closer to the Assault events with fewer shards as completion rewards.

I guess the 7" cap ship events are the new model.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Oh right.

Captain Han is kinda worthless without Hoth Rebel Soldier, though, and for a starting player there's too many necessary cantina farms for me to be like "farm captain Han, yo".

He's also only available in Cantina level 7, which is past level 70 IIRC, so you should definitely have your credit heist team up and running before he becomes available.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

I did the obiwan phase with G11 obiwan. He just has to last X number of turns. Get Leia and STH up to GXish if you can. Obviously R2 should be G12'ed and zetad ASAP.

I did it with a level 80 g8 Old Ben and just put as much protection and health on him as I could, I barely made it but it was definitely doable with a low end Old Ben

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

WerrWaaa posted:

Since I'm farming Phoenix, is the Ghost ship worth having? OP ship info doesn't mention it.

Sort of. The rebel ships are all good... together, with ackbar as lead. Otherwise Biggs + Wedge are the only real rebel ships that work well with non-rebels to back up the rebel passives. The two pheonix ships are good, but nothing to write home about out side of the synergy with them, Biggs, and the U-Wings for a poo poo ton of fast turns and stealth.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

Wedge is entirely mediocre outside of Rebel Fleet.

The two that work anywhere are Biggs and Bistan’s U Wing.

The others - Wedge, Cassian’s U Wing, and Ghost and Phantom all fall into “they’re fine as reinforcements or filler if you have the pilots geared anyway” but aren’t going to win you much rank in fleet arena.

They’re all important to star up anyway for challenges and Thrawn ship and TB’s though.

if you're loading up debuffs then Wedge works, so he works well with rebels, 5s ship, Vaders TA (which is in most fleet comps), and a small list of others. The big thing with Wedge is that he makes a great reinforcement to take out whatever tank/tanks they're using that usually have several stacked debuffs when your Biggs goes down.

It also gets 25% TM for attacking out of turn, so it works well with Akbar (which you're probably only using with rebels anyway) and, oddly enough, Thrawn. It also works with ships that feed bonus attacks, so Ghost/JC/Cassions U-Wing, it crits as hard as several other ships. It's not bad so much as FOTF and Imperial TF are both phenomenal damage dealers and you probably don't want 3 single target damage dealers in your initial line up.

Cassions ship is actually really good tbh, but you have to have it finished AND two of the less useful Rogue 1 chars geared along with Jyn Erso. I don't care for multi-crew ships.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

I don't really give a poo poo about ships either but have managed to fly my way up to the low 20s on the ranking and the last few weeks i have bare lost any spots during the night. It seems most people don't give a poo poo about ships so if you DO give a poo poo it looks easy to get high on the rankings?

In my squad arena there are some full G12 whales and a guy with like every hero at 7* but in my ship arena the top spots barely even have any 6* ships.

I've got whales in Ships - 7* ships, including the cap ships, and the top 3 have Millenium Falcon at 7*s on almost everyone in the top 20. I can break in right before payout, but staying there isn't remotely possible.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

fishtobaskets posted:

No. Im pretty sure you can do heist with just lando, sth, and boba and beat it. If you need 5, throw in shitball chewie and get captain han unlocked.

Cad Bane is, unfortunately, terrible - and yeah, you can easily clear the hardest tier with a decent Boba and Lando or STH. Both of those characters are good (tm) until you hit high end rebels, so there's really no reason not to farm them. They do need to drop more scoundrels, though, and a semi-decent scoundrel leader, especially since there's a 99.9% they're going to make us farm up Old Han/Chewie for new Rey.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

hup posted:

Holy poo poo chapter nine hard nodes suck

you pretty much have to have a good zeta lead and a decent borrowed character to 3 star, or a team at full g11-12. For DS if you have a Sith team with ZVader and can borrow a Nihilus they're pretty easy. For LS, ZQGJ and a half decent Jedi team can do it at G8-9, and so can resistance with ZFinn. You probably need G11 for rebels because they're health pools tend to suck, they don't have TM manipulation, and there's a metric fuckton of AoE damage in the LS 9s for some reason.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

fishtobaskets posted:

Friend, can I talk to you a moment about the joyous resistance and our savior ZFinn?

Do you like PvE? Do you want ALL PvE to be easier than it should be? Do you want to crush LS 9s, Neutral 8s, and GW without even trying? Well then, friend, let me get the keys to eternal salvation, a steal at just a mere 5^ resistance team and 20 or so Zeta mats

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Cactus posted:

I love that they put those in there. It's exactly what I would have done.

It's also the first gift in the list, IIRC, so it feels like a giant "gently caress you" until you click on the next letter out of the 7-8 that get dumped in your mailbox.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Vulpes posted:

I'm guessing since they released Vet Han and Vet Chewie to the cantina, that they will definitely be required for Rey's journey. Better start farming! I hope we don't need both at 7* like for CLS.

definitely. They also added Falcon shards to the shop, and I'm willing to bet you'll need a 7* Millenium Falcon as well.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Vulpes posted:

I spent a bunch of crystals getting Han and Chewie to 5* in the hopes that new Rey would unlock at 5*. I think only the whaliest whales will be able to 7* two 16-energy cantina toons that have only been out for what, two weeks.

According to http://www.swgoh.life/panic.html, even with both now at 5* it will cost me 22,000 crystals to get them to 7* in time for Rey. No thanks!

Great marketing for the new movie though! 'Go gently caress Yourselves' - E.A.

I might be able to get it - I started powerfarming the veterans immediately and had a decent crystal reserve so I was able to spend 300/day and 700 during double drop events. I already had everything but BB8, and I had gotten my FO so I got him today. I've got 110 shards to go on Chewie, but it's been a "crystals are for farming veterans only" since they dropped and I'll have to drop 20 bucks to keep up the pace.

I'm also top 20 in my arena shard and top 10 in fleets, so means I make back my Cantina spending daily. I don't think this would be possible if you didn't have everything but the veterans ready to roll when they came out, and I could not have gotten the Falcon there (haven't even tried) if it had also been required.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

mdemone posted:

I'm 44 shards away from maxing VetChewie, which would give me the toons required for jRey.

Can I beat the challenge with g10 zFinn (L), g10 Rey, g9 BB-8, and g8 SmugBros? That seems a little squishy but there's just too goddamn many stun guns needed.

that's better than what I had. TV is hard, the rest is pretty easy. On the kylo vs. fight #1 keep your eye out for rey to get a pick up lightsaber button, I missed it for several turns and was shouting in frustration that I wasn't able to damage Kylo anymore.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

MT isn't F2P farmable yet and zombie can only be had from an event that comes back every few weeks... good news on the zombie front, you only need it to be 2* level 80 to buy it's taunt zeta and you can leave it as understarred and undergeared as you want. :)

pretty sure MT event is going to start running this month ala the Ewok and NS Zombie/Spirit event.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

But at 10 shards a month that’s still gonna be a very slow unlock.

oh I agree. Slow as heck, and they'll be offering that 1200 crystal 5-330 shards of any nightsister! Think of the possibilities!

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Warmachine posted:

You're saying that like Jyn shows up enough in the guild shop to actually put a dent in my stock pile. Now, if there was a way to convert said currency into EVENT currency, there might be a problem.

They're also planning on never adding characters to GW, Arena, or Cantina shops - so you may need those currencies for characters coming out (willing to bet that Talzin and Wicket and Sion will all be guild shop when they drop).

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

kingcom posted:

So what are the perfect optimal reinforcements then?

Start Biggs/Vader +1, usually Silencer, Imp. Tie, or ghost (the pheonix that stealths another ship). Reinforcements are iffy and based on what you're buffing, but the best reinforcement abilities are generally considered to be Boba's, Banshee (lowers CD of reinforce by one, so you can do it twice in a row), Sun Fac (stuns target +1 additional ship). Reaper makes a really good reinforcement (lowers turn meter of enemies, but then you also get a Tie Reaper), Poe gets a BIG damage boost if he's reinforced, Geo Spy puts taunt on the target (good if their biggs doesn't currently have taunt or is dead, so they can't drop another taunter into the mix) and Cassians U-Wing dispels all buffs on a target, ALL targets if fully upgraded can't be evaded/resisted). Of those, Cassian does a double attack when he comes into play, Tie Reaper gets a dispel attack when he comes into play, and Sun Fac can stun a buffed target when he comes into play, so they're all good ships to counter whatever nonsense just got dropped into play from the enemy side if you aren't currently first.

Reaper is exceptionally good at this if you're tied or almost tied for speed, since a single kill before the next ability goes off means you're now ahead in speed and thus will get you use your ultimate first in a mirror match (Thrawns, mostly, although Tarkin is pretty good with all his abilities upgraded and the other meta that's going to happen is Bugs + Ackbar). Poe is basically a drop in and kill someone without protection with his unique buff and missiles auto-hit/crit on unprotected targets (he's very, very good against Imp. Tie).

Quick tip on ties - if you went first and reinforce while Tie has insight, if you break it it shouldn't mess up turn order because excess TM is lost so the enemy cap ship (already at 100%) is just going to be tied with you again anyway.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

The EP Meta:
EP, DN, DS, Traya, SiT/Thrawn/Nest
EP, DN, DS, DV/GK, Thrawn/SiT/Tarkin/ShT/Nest

The Rey Meta:
JTR, BB8. R2, GK/Scav/Chopper/Nest/CLS/rHan/IPD/RT (pick 2)

The Rexy Thang:
Rex, DN/DS/Wampa/Nest/CLS/rHan/EP/MT/GK (pick 4)

The Traya Meta:
Traya, DN, DS, SiT, Nest/EP/MT

acronyms:
EP = Emperor Palpatine
DN = Darth Nihilus
DS = Darth Sion
SiT = Sith Trooper
DV = Darth Vader
GK = General Kenobi
ShT = Shore Trooper
JTR = Jedi Training Rey
CLS = Commander Luke Skywalker
IPD = Imperial Probe Droid
RT = Resistance Trooper
MT = Mother Talzin

disclaimer:

This is top-end arena, here folks. These targets aren't realistic for starting players. EP squads are about the easiest to slap together for top-end meta and are a good starting target. Bridges to the EP meta are classic poo poo like Phoenix Squad, Wiggs, Nightsisters, etc.

You'll notice a lot of the same characters repeat. This is not an accident. Those toons have amazing kits and are mainstays of the arena meta. They're all likely to persist into the next meta or come back around in a future meta, so just get'em and max'em. Also, Mal's gonna read this and be "well akshually" and when he does I want everyone to dunk on his post.

I know it's not "meta" but I run EP/Vader/Thrawn/DT/ShT and can get into the top 20 easily as a fully f2p player who is still working on Sion, although at the rate his shards drop I'll have Traya before he's 5*.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

the devs must really hate light side ships. Dark side has all the best ships except for Biggs so the new ship they add is a dark side.... counter to Biggs

Not anymore. Cassians U-Wing is the best reinforcement, the Episode VII Falcon is really good but not worth the investment to get there, the Pheonix ships are good and synergise with Akbugs, the Galactic Republic ships all work well together. The main issue is that other Akbar using his speed to overwhelm reinforcements, the LS Cap ships are bad and the teams don't work together the way Tie/TA/Reaper do (turn manipulation). It also hurts that Biggs needs constant target locking, which the light side heavy damage dealers don't do, and he's really the only decent tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I use EP, DV, TFP, GMT, thrawn, but any ezpz team can probably do it. focus down the ewok elders first, then on the last wave make sure logray is always ability blocked/stunned/fractured because he'll do an AoE daze that fucks up the ezpz turn meter train. GMT is nice for the dmg reduction for any stray shots that get through and TFP has a handy ability block for the elders

Zvader lead if you have it. Dots go up, ewoks just kill themselves. I use DV + Troopers (DT, ShoreT, SnowT, and Veers) because they get a bunch of free turns and can easily take you through the other levels with the TM down from Vaders lead.