Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Yeah the 7 star Yoda was hitting my JC for over 7k with his basic, unbuffed. He crit for over 13k once too, again with no buffs on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Cad Bane is being added to GW this week, he is another solid choice for raids, on par with Teebo.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I knew it would be a bad idea for us to start a t6, however I had no idea it would be THIS bad, but I think the first phase is the worst of it for us, and there is a bit of strategy that may help some of us to get through this phase.

First a little bit of theory craft about phase 1, if you don't care skip to the next section for the actual strategy. Phase 1 is like filling a bucket with water, when that bucket has a hole in it. Water leaves the bucket at a set rate, if you can barely overcome this rate you will see very little progress on filling the bucket, but once you overcome the rate of flow out of the bucket, all that extra water will count towards filling the bucket. In this case, the water flowing in and out is damage. For example, if you can do 100k damage over a set number of turns, and between the heal and the rez that the main pig has, he mitigates 90k damage, you end up only doing 10k damage to the boss over the interval, but if you increase your damage by only 20%, so you do 120k over the same interval, the pig still only mitigates 90k, leaving you with a total of 30k damage on the boss, a 3x increase on the boss by raising your damage by only 20%.

How to take advantage of this - Instead of trying to fight the pigs with one team, fight him with two. Use a decoy team to weaken the guards and use up the pigs cooldowns. Ideally your decoy team can get the guards into the red, and have the leaders rez and heal both on cool down before they die/flee, then you switch up to your big time dps group. Something like QGJ, Rey, GS, 86, and Teebo. This group finishes off the guards very quickly, and then pounds on the boss by himself for as long as the rez cooldown takes. With Teebo in the mix you can really slow down how often the pig goes. I used a slightly less optimal team today to try this strategy out, and there is probably an even more optimal team that fits slow into the mix like with fives, but I hit 130k damage with just one attack team. I am fairly certain I can close in on 200k tomorrow, and I know there are 4 or 5 people in QGJ who have stronger rosters that I do, and who could also field a second strong attack team.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I really hope we wait to see how phase two goes before resetting, we don't generate near enough coins to chain run tier 5, so building up a surplus of coins would be really beneficial.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Mile'ionaha posted:

Stick it out! Attachment to immediate reward is the lure of the Dark Side!

We are well past the half way mark now, and phase 3 seems even easier than phase two so it would be a huge waste to abandon now. We will just get to run t5s back to back for a few weeks as we burn off coins.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Poggle and 86 are both good outside of a droid team, and Teebo is a monster in any phase of the raid, not just the guards. Biggs is mediocre at best even in a rebel team.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Right now it's ally points. They will do a client update today or tomorrow and change it.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

oops wrong forum posted:

Thankfully the new Droid looks like he's gonna help with that, and probably kick Poggle out of the lineup for good.

The new droid looks like a steaming pile of poo poo, the idea that anyone would use him in any matter, let alone replacing an amazing unit like poggle is baffling. Nevermine actually paying for this junk.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

cowofwar posted:

Game wants me to level dudes for a lovely event with lovely rewards that might only run once every three months.

Nope. These dudes suck outside of this event.

ST Han, Fives, and Ackbar are all solid units that can be justified investing in, and some people like HRS. That just leaves one bad choice or whale slot to fill. Still a lovely design principle, but it could be worse.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

cowofwar posted:

Dunno how you can stockpile credits when 7* promotions cost a million. I'm almost through my backlog and haven't been able to level anyone for a while.

Exactly this, I already have 4 characters who are unlocked only and sitting at max shards, with 2 more nearly there, no money to level or promote them. I figure it will take at least 3 months without a level increase to get my whole roster flushed out, something like 80-90 million credits.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Hughlander posted:

Can one of the million plus phase 1 damage guys explain how? I just went 14 rounds doing what I thought was great to end was 53k damage done. I was running Teebo Aa qgj Lum and RG. I was able to chain stun dispel etc... But it just didn't come together. Do you skip the stun and Tm for more DPS? More Rebels and aa leader? What does it look like?

Phase one isn't that different than other phases, it is all about a reliable slow and TM manipulation. I think the single strongest party for p1 right now is Teebo lead, phasma for slow and emergency tm boost, ewok elder, ewok scout, and QGJ. Elder has turn boosting on his basic, and scout and QGJ have tm reduction on their basics. Of course the key is in having these guys with their omegal abilities, without a deep enough omegal pool, this team wont drastically outperform any other team.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The rounds are the same for each tier, just higher level. The rewards seem heavily randomized, I got 70k for t1 and 18k for t3. Also being west coast, the event went live 1 hour before reset, so in a few minutes I will get to repeat them.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

After finally amassing 50 purple hairdryers for Rey to get her to gear level 8, I discover gear level 9 requires 100 purple hairdryers :shepicide:

Be Thankful, 150 hairdryers is about as easy a gear requirement as a character gets. Just wait till you need 150 stun guns, and 100 stun cuffs, along with thermal detonators.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Where are we meant to get Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace Salvage? I've seen them in small numbers in the guild panel, but I'd be spending all of my guild currency to get 1/2 the amount I need (and never getting any guild-credit shards), and I've been raiding since the day it came out. Is there somewhere else I'm missing?

Nope, those are raid/guild only items. They were in the shipment store for 1400 crystals, but they have gone out of rotation for at least a month.

rabidsquid posted:

Who needs such a hellish combination for gear level 9? Please don't say QGJ.

That is gear 9/10 for Teebo and RG and a few other strength based characters, QGJ just needs a butload of raid salvage for g10/11.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Both the new goon and Anakin look real strong. Sun Fec will feed so much TM to the new goon, and Anakins anti evade leadership should be great in the current arena game.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I dropped from QGJ to help out with your t7 if you need, code 323636916

I will drop after I blow my load incase any other goons are needed to help

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Fenris13 posted:

I dropped from QGJ to help out with your t7 if you need, code 323636916

I will drop after I blow my load incase any other goons are needed to help

Did what I could for you guys, if someone could re invite me to QGJ I would appreciate it.

If I only had rex, http://imgur.com/yseaJG4

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 3, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The double bonus is now going to last for 48 hours, so both thursday and friday's refreshes can go to it. Also there was a huge datamine posted on reddit, with information on a new game mode that awards new modable gear type, the potential next raid boss, and a way to share items within guilds.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Rank 5 mods are very powerfull. My Rey gained 24k protection and nearly doubled her damage output with only 4 mods. I will be sad when this gets nerfed.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
People should consider that you only pvp with a total of 30 mods, and while getting more than 30 is good so you can get better stat choice is good, just getting any 30 mods will be noticeable. This means in a week or so f2p will catch up to whales, and people will be able to more evenly divide energy between mods and cantina.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The devs have said that they are working to re balance the mods and should have more information on what that will include in the next 24 hours. They said something about actually testing it this time and trying to get it right for once.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Well they announced the first round of mod changes, and somehow they managed to find away to make mods even worse than they are now. Instead of having a 100% drop rste, they will have a drop rate like cantina shards do, so about 33%. Thus increasing the amount if stamina needed, making mods even more of a whales only thing. They are still talking about actually rebalancing the stats on mods, but are asking players to give them a chance to get over the initial shock, the amount of customization available out ways the drastic changes.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Jibo posted:

Mods are cool.

Good enough for second place.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Yes, and somehow they managed to make it even v worse than they described. I shouldn't be surprised given their record of ineptitude. Mods now only have a chance of dropping, instead of a set pip level it is now a range, 1-3, 2-4, 3-5. They also incerased the cost to level them significantly, from an average of 250k to over 400k for 5 pips. Basically the devs have a message for anyone playing their game, and it is to go gently caress yourselves.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Yeah, looks like they only normalized potency and tenacity for players, and rancor old rating of 100 or so tenacity became 100%, while all character potency ratings dropped by 75% or so. Teebo went from 80 rating to 20%. There was something about this in the patch notes, but they, and this is a huge shocker, obviously hosed up with regards to raids.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Dr. Venture posted:

QGJ has 26 active people.

:negative:

Yeah, t6 is going really slow, slower than premod because of lack of participation. How many 60+ active people are in gga? Maybe we should merge the two guilds and send all the non active or once a week goons into gga.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I also play that silly FFBE game, my Chirisu should be maxed level soon, friend code is 078-408-227. I will try to add the posts from the last few pages.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I have mixed feelings on this. Having missed out on getting the t6 mods from our raid I was pretty pissed off that they got yanked, so taking them away a leviathan that a bit. On the other hand it is yet another big gently caress you to their player base, how many times can one developer do that and stay in business?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

if tier 6 or 7 mods exist at all now they're probably garbage. i see very little difference between tier 1 and 5 at the moment

T6 and t7 don't exist any more for anyone, but the difference between t1 and t5 is still significant a level 15 t1 gives 7.5% protection, while a level 15 t5 has 23.5%.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

cowofwar posted:

Should we merge the three guilds in to two?

It would be real nice if we could make this happen, I posted the other day that QGJ gas 25-30 active players with another 5 or so that log in once or twice a week and putter around. Our t6 raids have slowed down rather than sped up.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Malgrin posted:

How's QGJ looking at this point?

We are ate 46/50, with two more inactive members we could boot. Our last t6 had better participation numbers too. But still took 3 full resets.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Scoundrels is a great choice right n I w, not only do you get the extra million credits every 10 days, but also crit chance set mods, which are very strong. If you are not working on any other gw characters you might as well work on datcha, he will probably be a strong leader choice for the new raid.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Rancor gets 2 actions a turn, when he uses his aoe slam, it lowers the cooldown of his eating by one for each person that ends up below half health, which from that pic is at least two. The mechanics of the fight.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
During phase 2, rancor has an extra 50% armor when he is not debuffed, and during phase 3 you do less damage when you have any debuff on you. Both of these show up as tool tips on the icon near rancor's enrage timer.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It is odd that you have left out the best if the two turn assist guys from your list. Especially since everyone uses him.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Please don't spend any money on this game right now, the developers have not earned it. This game caters to mega whales who spend several hundred a month on it. F2p people are ment to be months behind. If you are not ok with a super slow progression over the course of a long period of time then this game is likely not for you.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Davethulhu posted:

It feels to me that old Ben/ sthan is one of the strongest combos

This is correct, Ben locking your opponent out of dispelling Hans taunt, and also reducing the damage they put on him while he feeds your beaters TM is very strong.

The key to this working is a bit of speed and potency on old ben.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Looks like they broke it, they sent out compensation in the form of the rewards for the completion of that daily and the complete all dailies tasks.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Malgrin posted:

I actually really like this. 12 hours of don't actually hurt the Rancor. Maybe I start it at 9PM Pacific and we go that way until 9AM? Also, with everyone doing 0 damage, this means that if you don't get back in, you'll probably still tie for like 30th? How does this game resolve ties in loot rewards?

Again, everyone has to agree to not break this -- I can't really kick people out who are active because we are already short on active members....but if anyone is being a shitlord about it I guess that could happen.

For a tie, it adds up all the rewards and redistributes them. I have no idea how this would work with boxes, but for credits and guild coins it would be easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
What scoundrels are you using for the t3 mod? I got destroyed in there with my credit heist group.